NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Colleague said today "ooh your clothes are really hanging off you". Might need to go shopping! Still nice when it gets noticed :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

a friend i've not spoken to for ages said to me "you've lost loads of weight havent you.. you can really see it in your face"

Also i started a new job in sept, so the ladies have not seen me much bigger than i am now. They reckon i have a "Lovely" figure! x

I've been walking about uni this week and FOUR different pairs of jeans were nearly around my ankles Gulp* been having to walk holding them up lol
think I might need to go shopping :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Posted this in my diary but thought I'd copy it here;

Had a little NSV today - we were practicing ECG in uni and I was in a group with 3 other girls. We had to record each person in the groups ECG and then the person with the strongest trace had to exercise for 1 minute before having theirs recorded again.

Well I was the lucky one in my group to be picked and had to stand up and do jumping jacks non-stop for one minute. Now when I was bigger, this would have been my idea of HELL! I probably would have down right refused to be honest but if I had done it 5 stone ago, I would have ended up red faced and drenched in sweat.

But today I stood up in front of a class full of people (who I don't know very well yet!) and star jumped on the spot for one whole minute

That's not even the best bit - the best bit is when it came to recording my pulse! My resting pulse was 63 and after exercising it only went up to 72 and it was back down to 63 within 3 minutes!

Some people in the class (not particularly unhealthy looking people either!) were out of breath with pulse rates in the 100's after the exercise and it just made me feel good to know that I haven't just made a change to my appearance, but to my health as well

Clareel said:
Posted this in my diary but thought I'd copy it here;

Had a little NSV today - we were practicing ECG in uni and I was in a group with 3 other girls. We had to record each person in the groups ECG and then the person with the strongest trace had to exercise for 1 minute before having theirs recorded again.

Well I was the lucky one in my group to be picked and had to stand up and do jumping jacks non-stop for one minute. Now when I was bigger, this would have been my idea of HELL! I probably would have down right refused to be honest but if I had done it 5 stone ago, I would have ended up red faced and drenched in sweat.

But today I stood up in front of a class full of people (who I don't know very well yet!) and star jumped on the spot for one whole minute

That's not even the best bit - the best bit is when it came to recording my pulse! My resting pulse was 63 and after exercising it only went up to 72 and it was back down to 63 within 3 minutes!

Some people in the class (not particularly unhealthy looking people either!) were out of breath with pulse rates in the 100's after the exercise and it just made me feel good to know that I haven't just made a change to my appearance, but to my health as well

That's a great NSV well done!

Size 16 trousers.:)

Ok so they are stretchy and a bit snug but my 18's were falling down and looking ridiculous and they don't do size 17!!!

Small & simple... All my trousers are falling down hahaha :) xxx

1st small nsv ... being able to pull my jeans down without undoing them:D

I wore size 12 leggings to the gym! Size 12! LEGGINGS! :D And I only felt slightly self-conscious!

I also put on my size 22 trousers, which fitted me nicely at the start of the year, just for fun, and the look on my boyfriend's face was truly comical - his jaw dropped :D I think this is a good demonstration of why it's important to measure/take pics/keep a pair of your 'big' trousers, because it really helps with the self-confidence. I can't believe how far I've come!

who_la_hoop said:
I wore size 12 leggings to the gym! Size 12! LEGGINGS! :D And I only felt slightly self-conscious!

I also put on my size 22 trousers, which fitted me nicely at the start of the year, just for fun, and the look on my boyfriend's face was truly comical - his jaw dropped :D I think this is a good demonstration of why it's important to measure/take pics/keep a pair of your 'big' trousers, because it really helps with the self-confidence. I can't believe how far I've come!

Love this :)

mariebee1 said:
put a pair of knickers on this morning and went to walk across to my wardrobe and they fell to my ankles! :D
Made me laugh :)

Well done guys x

My best friend lives in Dubai & I keep her updated with my weigh ins & she asked to see a pic of me now... I sent her one of me in me undies & she said 'You look amazing, great bod' :) And she's tiddly tiny skinny herself so I loved hearing it for a boost :) xxx

Blondee said:
My best friend lives in Dubai & I keep her updated with my weigh ins & she asked to see a pic of me now... I sent her one of me in me undies & she said 'You look amazing, great bod' :) And she's tiddly tiny skinny herself so I loved hearing it for a boost :) xxx

Babe you can consider yourself a tiddly skinny bod now... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

sleepytimesadie said:
Babe you can consider yourself a tiddly skinny bod now... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I'm working on it hun :) Just another half a stone and that will be my new name ;) Thanks lovey xxx

Ive lost 19lbs so far, and today i was chasing my little angel around the park and my size 18s fell down quite a bit and my knickers were on show! Hope nobody noticed. Also looking like a scruff as everything is sooo baggy!

Also im resisting my favourite foods
left right and centre and i actually dont really care! :)

Back