NSVs - Non Scale Victories

A lady at work said I looked like I'd lost weight today - I think it's only because she knows I'm on SW (I doubt you can see what I've lost) but it was still nice of her to say :)

I've been pondering for a couple of weeks now how nobody at college has mentioned my weight loss. Its almost 6 stone and I havent seen them in a year so they have surely noticed? I couldn't decide if I was disappointed nobody had mentioned it or just happy they are decent enough people that weight, appearance etc is simply not an issue for them. I've decided on the latter. They're philosophical/political academic peeps and Im very happy that it is a non-issue :)

ermintrude said:
I've been pondering for a couple of weeks now how nobody at college has mentioned my weight loss. Its almost 6 stone and I havent seen them in a year so they have surely noticed? I couldn't decide if I was disappointed nobody had mentioned it or just happy they are decent enough people that weight, appearance etc is simply not an issue for them. I've decided on the latter. They're philosophical/political academic peeps and Im very happy that it is a non-issue :)

And they're probably jealous of you doing so well :D well done you!!!!!!

Ruth
X

Got my first comment on my weight loss that wasn't from a family member today, from a co-worker, who said that you could see I've lost some weight, although she does know I've been doing SW. Oh, and another friend who I haven't seen for a few months said I'm "looking well" but she knows too.

My regular work trousers from New Look are now too big too, although I have another pair the same size from Evans and they're still a bit small. Will have to try on next size down and see if they fit - exciting!

best non scale victory at the moment, fitting into a pair of trousers that have hung in the wardrobe for the last year an half, finally seeing the light of day :8855:

best non scale victory at the moment, fitting into a pair of trousers that have hung in the wardrobe for the last year an half, finally seeing the light of day :8855:

I was going to say the same thing! Except I've had them for more than a few years and couldn't get them past my thighs.

Gonna wear them tomorrow. Might even post a picture :)

My own jeans now are just too big and baggy, especially the bum area, so for a laugh I tried on my sons jeans, he is 16, plays sport all the time and they fit. Does that make me an athlete by association lol.

Best one which is really silly ... the loo seat has become very uncomfortable with the lack of padding :)

This is a daftie. Dort thought she had some size 22 jeans, so she brought them down (still waiting on her clearing her room grrr), and they were 16's. Anyway everyone went out and I thought 'what the heck' and tried them on, now they didn't fit of course,Not even close. BUT I got them all the way up, they wouldn't have got past my knees before!
Anyway they my aiming jeans, I don't like the style (boyfriend) but they will do to aim for!

Not had one for a while, but yesterday, at work one of the checkout assistants at work stopped me and told me I should stop losing weight now as I look as if I have reached target now... bearing in mind how I have felt this week, that was a real boost...

THis is kind of a NSV but I'm a bit annoyed!

My lovely knee high boots from Evans look rediculous and I can't wear them with just tights or leggings any more - they are too big at the top. I guess I can tuck jeans in?

lsf666 said:
THis is kind of a NSV but I'm a bit annoyed!

My lovely knee high boots from Evans look rediculous and I can't wear them with just tights or leggings any more - they are too big at the top. I guess I can tuck jeans in?

Haha I had this same thing this morning!!

My lovely expensive 'fat leg' boots just don't look good anymore :(

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
Going down a hole on my watch strap.

Excellent :) xx

Hello everyone

Today I had on a waist belt that used to be on the last hole and was a bit tight, today I managed to move it in by 3! Also a bit weird but have also had people at work and uni tell me my face has lost its chubbiness.

Today however I discovered I have gone down a cup size :( but I am ok with this as overall I am much happier heather and 12lbs slimmer! More to come soon I hope.

Lauren :)

Back