NSVs - Non Scale Victories

This week's NSV

After the post the other week where someone lost their wedding ring as it was so loose I was finally spurred into action this week and took my wedding ring to be resized.

I knew it was loose but I wasn't expecting it to have to be made 4 sizes smaller :eek:. That would explain why it was falling off into the bag of frozen peas while I was rootling through the freezer a few weeks ago...

4 sizes wow thats great x

Those are the "small" differences which really show how far you have come. Well done xxx

Yeah its nice to see the cumilative effect of it all sometimes. I have had painstakingly slow losses but given I only got married 4 years ago it does show how these gradually add up. Ever since I was a teenager I felt i had "fat" hands and I hated it. I do see the difference now. And I can put my hand around my wrist I discovered the other day - don't think I have ever been able to do that before!

brought my first pairs of '14's knickers in M&S sale just 50p each, fitted a treat, I've never worn a size 14 before and i'm 53!!

Went out looking for a new coat, found a nice jacket tried on a size 16 too big so had to buy a 14 , have not worn a size 14 for nearly 30 years.

Going shopping yesterday for a wardrobe of new underwear, ok not great but i havent got a spare tyre hanging over them anymore :8855:

I have to wear my engagement ring on my middle finger lol my wedding ring just spins round & round . Not going to resize till I reach target though

Yeah, I thought about trying to wait in case I need it re-sizing further but apparently you can re-size a ring more than once and if done properly it doesn't affect the strength of it. For £20 it seemed worth getting done now as it felt very very wierd not wearing a wedding ring even for the 3 days it was in the shop.

I have a little NSV. I always buy New Look jeans, and last time I bought my usual style & size but they didn't fit at all - despite 3 other pairs I own doing so - anyway feeling dreadful I threw them into the back of the wardrobe. I tried them on Tues after WI, feeling full of the joys, and couldn't fasten them... but today I can! Have worn them all day. This is nice :)

Vic1980 said:
1st small nsv ... being able to pull my jeans down without undoing them:D

I can do that with my 16's wohoo

Bunnylush said:
My engagement ring and other two are spinning round and round,I'll have to be careful from now on not to lose them x

mrs big b said:
I have to wear my engagement ring on my middle finger lol my wedding ring just spins round & round . Not going to resize till I reach target though

Atomic pink said:
Yeah, I thought about trying to wait in case I need it re-sizing further but apparently you can re-size a ring more than once and if done properly it doesn't affect the strength of it. For £20 it seemed worth getting done now as it felt very very wierd not wearing a wedding ring even for the 3 days it was in the shop.

Bunnylush said:
Mine was already downsized when he bought it for our engagement,it was too big,I'm worried about having it done twice :(

I had my rings resized a month ago as they were really loose. They are getting loose again so might get them done soon.

You can get them resized as often as you want - I have a jeweller in my family so get it for free but I would recommend a proper jeweller. Or wear them on another finger or a chain if you want to wait until target as losing them altogether would be awful! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Had a few 1st one I remember was walking into town in a long dress . By the time I got to the end of the road my knickers had fallen down . I then took them off and walked into town without any :0 lol

hoping said:
Eeeeeeeek!!!! I just bout a dress in topshop, fitted cotton tea dress type one in a size 14!!!!!!! Can't believe it!!! It is fairly snug on me but it closes and looks lovely!!! And it's a size 14!!! And it was reduced from EUR55 to EUR7!!!!! I can't believe it!!! I was a 24 when I started in April! I am still an 18 on the bottom and am now a 14-16 on top!! Have added a pic at the bottom!
Happy.com!!!

Well done hoping x

I haven't even stepped into topshop for years but now I'm verging on a size 16 I might try :)

ThatBubbs said:
I have a little NSV. I always buy New Look jeans, and last time I bought my usual style & size but they didn't fit at all - despite 3 other pairs I own doing so - anyway feeling dreadful I threw them into the back of the wardrobe. I tried them on Tues after WI, feeling full of the joys, and couldn't fasten them... but today I can! Have worn them all day. This is nice :)

Well done :)

mrs big b said:
Had a few 1st one I remember was walking into town in a long dress . By the time I got to the end of the road my knickers had fallen down . I then took them off and walked into town without any :0 lol

Lol!!!! :)

lsf666 said:
I had my rings resized a month ago as they were really loose. They are getting loose again so might get them done soon.

You can get them resized as often as you want - I have a jeweller in my family so get it for free but I would recommend a proper jeweller. Or wear them on another finger or a chain if you want to wait until target as losing them altogether would be awful! X

Really must get mine done or take them off . I've had my wedding ring since we got married 19 years ago I'd be devastated if I lost it . And my eternity ring my husband got me when we had our 1st son who's 16 now .

after 11 years of marriage my hubby has realised he can comfortably pick me up and carry me around, he thinks its hillarious to see me freak out when he throws me over his shoulder, i however am not loving it so much ....however, it feels a bit nice at the same time since he has never done this in the past. sort of a nsv for me, and i am starting to come to terms with my weight loss too, as in 'feeling' the size i am and not still feeling the size i began at...its all progress :)

Back