NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Had one the weekend.
I went to see my first ever 3D movie.
The NSV part is that I actually went knowing that I would fit in the seat and wouldn't be leaving with 2 severe bruises down my thighs from wedging myself in between the hard plastic arms.

Now if I can just find a dirt cheap return flight somewhere to check if I fit in airplane seats now. .......

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I was in the kitchen the day before yesterday. Mother came in huffing and sighing and clutching her belly saying that she needed to go on a diet. Then she said i will do what you are doing , you look like you are losing weight . :D

From Saturday... Saw a woman who I worked with, last seen in the flesh three years ago, she said she's stunned by how much I've lost (about four stone in last 3years), and that she couldn't wait to tell another lady I worked with!

She's lost over 9stone with gastric band so it was nice of her to say!

Shirleen said:
From Saturday... Saw a woman who I worked with, last seen in the flesh three years ago, she said she's stunned by how much I've lost (about four stone in last 3years), and that she couldn't wait to tell another lady I worked with!

She's lost over 9stone with gastric band so it was nice of her to say!

Nice one... I find those who have done well themselves are always so thoughtful about others who are trying to lose too...xx

My friend told me I had inspired her to loose weight, after seeing how well I had done. I'm so glad I can help overs while helping myself!

Looking for something summery and light to wear in the garden today and almost automatically skipped past the summer dress I have that I haven't been able to fit in for three years (mainly because of my boobs) and it fits! Yay

ellierose988 said:
Looking for something summery and light to wear in the garden today and almost automatically skipped past the summer dress I have that I haven't been able to fit in for three years (mainly because of my boobs) and it fits! Yay

Well done! What a great feeling!

And don't forget the NSV that I said you look like a model in your profile pic! :)

i've had a few people commenting on how much i've lost, and a quite frank conversation with a girl in work about what it was like for me being fat, what i thought and felt like the whole what things went through my mind while i was out and about, and she told me she never really saw me being that big ..

but the big one for me today, is..... i can see my collarbone sticking out (just the one tho :p lol) i'm not stretching or pulling the skin back in place, it's there poking out for all to see ;) i can't stop looking at it in the mirror.. sad i know ;) lol

I have found my outfit to be Mothers Maid of Honour in August, an M and S Indigo maxi dress size 10, I simply don't believe it! This time last year would have been size 22/24 c

Malc-D said:
i've had a few people commenting on how much i've lost, and a quite frank conversation with a girl in work about what it was like for me being fat, what i thought and felt like the whole what things went through my mind while i was out and about, and she told me she never really saw me being that big ..

but the big one for me today, is..... i can see my collarbone sticking out (just the one tho :p lol) i'm not stretching or pulling the skin back in place, it's there poking out for all to see ;) i can't stop looking at it in the mirror.. sad i know ;) lol

I' m quite in awe and intrigued by my collar bones too ;) it's not silly, it's weird when they've been hiding for so long, same as my hip bones and ribs, I was convinced I had no ribs lol :)

i remember having problems sleeping, just not being able to get comfy in bed, and then i realised it was because i had lost the 'padding' on my hips and now my bones were poking out.. didn't complain about sleep less nights from then on ;) .. i just have to wait for the other collarbone to make a show now and then i'll be over the moon :p

Malc-D said:
i remember having problems sleeping, just not being able to get comfy in bed, and then i realised it was because i had lost the 'padding' on my hips and now my bones were poking out.. didn't complain about sleep less nights from then on ;) .. i just have to wait for the other collarbone to make a show now and then i'll be over the moon :p

Ahhhh now you see we have the marvel of a wonderful memory foam mattress topper from Argos, oh heaven! Honestly if my bones met with my old uncomfortable mattress I would rather sleep on the floor!

Talking of collarbones, for the last 2/3 days i've been able to feel mine, i have to keep having a feel to make sure they are still there and I didn't imagine it.

Arctic-BNG said:
Stood in the bread aisle for 5 mins, then left without picking anything up.

Willpower going in full overload!

Did you inhale though?????? Lol

Daren't might have ended up swallowing the aisle?

:eek:

Haha, I feel your pain. I run the evening shifts at my work (Tesco Express) and at the end of the shift we always have quite a bit of bakery items left over (bread rolls, petit pains, cheese straws, croissants, cinnamon whirls, doughnuts etc) and the staff tend to help themselves to a few bits they want before it gets thrown. I have managed to resist every time so far. :O

Haha, I feel your pain. I run the evening shifts at my work (Tesco Express) and at the end of the shift we always have quite a bit of bakery items left over (bread rolls, petit pains, cheese straws, croissants, cinnamon whirls, doughnuts etc) and the staff tend to help themselves to a few bits they want before it gets thrown. I have managed to resist every time so far. :O

That put my willpower in the shade!

Back