NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Random question for alycyn1980, what on earth is that in the picture next to the mug???

Ermintrude, you are so close to your goal, are you excited? Lol if I ever lose 1 hundred pounds I'd be floating everywhere wih joy.

Oh yeah, I never *imagined* I would lose anywhere near this! :faint2: Its not an end goal as Im still massively overweight, but I just set myself little goals, half a stone here, crossing into the next stone-zone there - then when I achieve one I set another one etc, just keep moving the barrier on my graph down :) Never in my wildest dreams expected to get this far! I have no idea where Ill end up, I dont care really, anything is better than what I used to be! Now Ive got to sort the rest of my life out :rolleyes:

Youre really inspiring you know!

Awe thanks ermintrude. I guess we'll have to keep on inspiring each other from now on. Do you feel comfortable with your new you, or do you think you're going to change your target again Hun? Mine keeps changing cause I have no clue what a good weight/size would be, I've been in the size 20's since I was 12 :0 so just doing baby steps for now.

Awe thanks ermintrude. I guess we'll have to keep on inspiring each other from now on. Do you feel comfortable with your new you, or do you think you're going to change your target again Hun? Mine keeps changing cause I have no clue what a good weight/size would be, I've been in the size 20's since I was 12 :0 so just doing baby steps for now.

Oh yeah Ive just set myself a new sort of long term goal in fact :) Originally I wanted to be less than 20 stone and never thought Id do it but I did, so I figured Id aim for losing 10 stone and see what happens. Im 4lb off that now so wondering what to aim for that doesn't scare me too much :D I figured looking at being somewhere in the 15's/14's sounds about as light as I could possibly ever manage so decided to aim for 14-stone-something... dont know if Ill ever get there but Im just going to carry on doing the same thing and see what happens :)

Your story inspired me for other reasons as I had some similar things happen to me, not as bad as your story with that awful piece of vermin :bighug: but I was run over, had a head injury, spinal damage, smashed my legs into pieces and needed muscle transplants & skin grafts and stuff, in hospital for 4 months and a wheelchair for 6 months, learning to walk again and all that, it brought back a lot of memories :cry: And Ive come out the other side, (sort of) so it was a bit like reading something Id written to myself in some ways (obviously not has such a fight as you have had, the accident part looks minor in comparison) but I thought well if you can pull yourself out through all that I ought to kick my own life in order and just bloody get on with it!

Hey

Yep lsf666 is correct. It is good motivation to think thats the extra we carry about. For more motivation have a look at this link!!! What Does 5 pounds of Fat Look Like? - YouTube

Lol I couldn't stop giggling at how interested he was in keeping "fat". I don't get why he didn't just get five 1pm vats of fat and combine? Oh well hehe. It is good motivation, think I will need to get one for me so I can slab it on my arm every once in a while.

Oh yeah Ive just set myself a new sort of long term goal in fact :) Originally I wanted to be less than 20 stone and never thought Id do it but I did, so I figured Id aim for losing 10 stone and see what happens. Im 4lb off that now so wondering what to aim for that doesn't scare me too much :D I figured looking at being somewhere in the 15's/14's sounds about as light as I could possibly ever manage so decided to aim for 14-stone-something... dont know if Ill ever get there but Im just going to carry on doing the same thing and see what happens :)

Your story inspired me for other reasons as I had some similar things happen to me, not as bad as your story with that awful piece of vermin :bighug: but I was run over, had a head injury, spinal damage, smashed my legs into pieces and
needed muscle transplants & skin grafts and stuff, in hospital for 4 months and a wheelchair for 6 months, learning to walk again and all that, it brought back a lot of memories :cry: And Ive come out the other side, (sort of) so it was a bit
like reading something Id written to myself in some ways (obviously not has such a fight as you have had, the accident part looks minor in comparison) but I thought well if you can pull yourself out through all that I ought to kick my own life in order and just bloody get on with it!

Your accident sounds just as bad as mine if I'm honest, but I'm glad you are alright. But you should realise Hun, that you did pull yourself together, 'cause you decided to do something about your weightloss before I came on here and spoke up. So give yourself a bit more credit darling cause we are the survivors of life, love and fat!

P.S. That sounds like a good goal to aim for, cheering you all the way.

chazzdiver said:
Lsf666 you say that's fat? But it's yellow... Oh my god I've got eighty pounds of yellow in me. Gross!

Alycyn1980 said:
Hey

Yep lsf666 is correct. It is good motivation to think thats the extra we carry about. For more motivation have a look at this link!!! What Does 5 pounds of Fat Look Like? - YouTube

All sorted - yep it's yuk isn't it :(

I saw the picture at group once with the wording "never be disappointed losing "only" 1lb"

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

All sorted - yep it's yuk isn't it :(

I saw the picture at group once with the wording "never be disappointed losing "only" 1lb"

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How many people stayed to group wih that thing on the table? Hehe
Must congrats you on getting the right answer. *gives you an internet apple*

holy crap, this is emotioal stuff to read and so sorry for the way you have been treated - but loved the fact you punched him, want an absoute c##t
:girlpower:
sounds in a werid way a lucky escape, imagine if he changed after you got married. i think your a proper inspiration, how you could do swis beyond me. I wish you all the best in your recovery xo

hi there everyone, I've had a lot of reading to catch up on here but I can't even begin to say how proud I am of and for each and everyone of you, even if we never meet please know that each and every one of you are a comfort and inspiration and I love you all.

I apologise in advance for people whose eyes get bored easily but my NSV is a bit hard to explain, so please bear wih me. :)

Last time I was on here was December 2010 and I'd just lost one stone and two pounds. As a reward my boyfriend took me on a trip to Florida and we came back the day before new years eve. He following night we went out to watch the fireworks and after the tradition countdown kiss he got on his knees (in the mud) and proposed. I said yes and had never felt happier. We headed back home about 4am and were walking along the pavement when an immense pain occurred in my side and the last thing I remembered was my legs going above my head.

4 months later I wake up in hospital surrounded by friends and family. I was told I was hit by a
drunk driver (who passed away before reaching the hospital), my spine had been twisted slightly
and fractured in two places, bruised hip wih a broken leg and a cracked skull. Hey said that they had done most of the ops but thought I needed another one for my spine. But I didn't care
because someone I really wanted to hold me wasn't here. My fiancé Teddy wasn't there, my
family and the doctor said that he never bothered to visit me, stupidly I thought well maybe he
didn't want to see me in such a state and will visit now I'm awake.

Two months later I stop writing letters to him and stop asking my family to check up with him.
Put all my focus on recovering and repeating how to walk. Cast was off my leg but my back was
killing me. Couldn't stay standing for more than a few seconds. Also felt disheartened to know
that my weight was now at it's heaviest.

Made get friends with the hospital staff and I'm allowed to go home after another seven months
and can walk a few paces without collapsing. Went to find out why my husband to be couldn't be
bothered to see me.

Dad took me in a wheel chair to our apartment, he didn't realise I'd be there so his face was a
picture. I asked the obvious questions of why wasn't he there, why did I get visits from a woman
who found me on the street and called the ambulance, rather than him phoning cause he was two meters away from me when it happened. God I am almost ashamed of myself for still crying when
I think of what he said then. He told me "I'm not gonna waste my life looking after a beached
whale in a wheelchair, how could you not get the idea when I didn't come to the hospital. All I
thought of when it happened was thank god she was so fat that I have to walk further into the
sidewalk cause I might have been hit too if you were the same as normal prettier women."

Stupid, I'm crying again. It just hurts so much when I think about how much he meant to me. Well here's where I did something I don't regret, he didn't know I'd been practising walking so I stood up and shuffled towards him, knees buckling slightly as I hadn't been more than a few paces further beforehand. Got right up to him and punched him in the nose. Dad brought the wheelchair to me and we left. With tears in my eyes I yelled back to him I'm alright to pawn the ring then?

A couple of months later and he wheelchair is gone, I'm back at sw and my ex passed me in the street. His nose now crooked so women can see he's ugly inside and out. My NSV is this, without sw I wouldn't have survived that accident because of the pressure on my heart. Without sw I wouldn't have had the will to try walking again, 'cause weight has always been a challenge for me and losing made everything seem possible. Without sw I wouldn't be my own person with confidence in myself and would have begged him to take me back. Without the knowledge that there were others it there who were like me, and my friends and family I would feel alone, useless and I honestly don't know what I would have done. All of you have inspired me in the last few months when my family read out your nsv's in hospital. So thank you all for being yourselves and bringing me joy in some of my darkest hours.

Thank you bunnylovesalan, I tried to preserve the horrified look on his face in my mind forever. :D when I saw people on his site overcoming their problems I thought what are my problems.

HE clearly wasn't going to be in my life anymore so no problem there. My dog, friends and family are all happy and healthy, so the only thing left was me. Most was resting to heal, then exercise my muscles and finally weightloss. Didn't seem as daunting after that.

P.S. I LOVE the film "Kinky Boots"

Last edited:
Surrounding your self with positive people is the best it will help a load with your recovery, god moves in mysterious ways - you never know you might meet prince charming and that was the way life planned out for you (that is what some people say) Depends on the way you view the world :)

I totally agree. When I lose ten more pounds I'll be back at the weight I was in my avi haha, obviously there I am gorgeous :8855: so it'll be raining men lol, well more likely me :character0053: them haha

The guys an idiot and a total disgrace.
On behalf of my gender I apologise.
Fortunately we're not all like that.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I was really touched by your story chazzdiver. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when you punched him. I don't condone violence, but sometimes it's the only way. When my now ex-husband confessed to cheating on me, I had one of those same moments myself. It was almost in slow motion and I can still picture in my head my arm coming round and giving him the hugest slap across the face. I don't know who was more shocked, me or him!

A couple of months later I met my Prince Charming - well, actually a Frog (as I live in France and he's French) and we've now been married nearly a year. I still say that my husband cheating on me is the best decision I never made :D

ColJack I can't accept an apology on behalf of you and most other men lol, you did nothing wrong and give me hope I'll find someone worth my time. :D

Leapfrog, whilst I'm sorry that you were stuck wih someone so Stupid as to cheat on a lovely person such as yourself, I too am glad as it also freed you so that you could find your beloved froggy.

On a different note, I have a weird NSV. My morning/day breath has improved since I started sw.

That's great michmick. :)

Back