NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Today someone commented on a fb photo saying that I look the same now as I did at school (he was an ex from when I was 14)...it's only taken me 14 years to get my body back :) xx

Got chatted up in the biscuit aisle in Sainsbury's! :eek: Taling about cheesecake bases :D The victory is not even so much the fact that it actually happened but the fact that I accept it for what it was rather than thinking it was someone taking the piss like I used to! :happy036: He seemed really nice too, shame Im attached, Id make him a cheesecake anytime :D

I am a size 14 bottom, and 10-12 top. Can't wait for size 12 jeans to fit!

Ha! Go Erm! I'm exactly the same - an ex once said he only dated me for a bet and sadly that's stuck with me so I think anyone is on a wind up if they try. Great progress hun! X

:hug99:

That is is just awful, some people, but don't let it dampen your view, not everyone is the same and there some really good people out there too :)

I've actually had a couple this week :)

1) Male work colleague asked if I wanted to join him for a cigarette, I declined saying I quit on Monday. He replied 'you are a changed woman! Thin, non smoking, exercising, looking great!'. He called me thin!! Everything else doesn't matter :D

2) played badminton with a different male work colleague - only been temping with us for approx 2 months? - and he asked about the diet etc and when I said how much I'd lost he said 'I could never imagine you large, you look so naturally slim and got great curves' (Cue huge grin!)

3) popped in to my mothers yesterday following her return from holiday and she said 'everytime I see you it never fails to amaze me how fantastic you look and how much determination you have'

AND I'm on day 7 of not smoking - just to top it off :D xxx

MinkyDinky said:
I've actually had a couple this week :)

1) Male work colleague asked if I wanted to join him for a cigarette, I declined saying I quit on Monday. He replied 'you are a changed woman! Thin, non smoking, exercising, looking great!'. He called me thin!! Everything else doesn't matter :D

2) played badminton with a different male work colleague - only been temping with us for approx 2 months? - and he asked about the diet etc and when I said how much I'd lost he said 'I could never imagine you large, you look so naturally slim and got great curves' (Cue huge grin!)

3) popped in to my mothers yesterday following her return from holiday and she said 'everytime I see you it never fails to amaze me how fantastic you look and how much determination you have'

AND I'm on day 7 of not smoking - just to top it off :D xxx

Well done on all of them but especially the not smoking one!...x

I tried on my wedding dress again yesterday to show my sister and my bestfriend before we went bridesmaid dress shopping. I'd only bought it at Easter, and I can see it's looser aroung my back and tummy even thought I've only actually lost 2lbs since then! The assistant also said there was a noticeable difference as well! The change must have happened due to me doing so much running and weight training.Very happy :D

Well done on all of them but especially the not smoking one!...x

Thank you! Feels great to not smoke, just need to ignore the random "ooh one would be nice about now" thoughts :D They pop up every now and then but as quick as they come, they are gone again woo! xx

MinkyDinky said:
Thank you! Feels great to not smoke, just need to ignore the random "ooh one would be nice about now" thoughts :D They pop up every now and then but as quick as they come, they are gone again woo! xx

Then you must really want to quit, it's like dieting, if you really want to you will... Keep going honey...xx

Scaled a 4.5ft wall to go and take photos of a waterfall...ok getting down was no problem, getting back up though when you're only just over a foot taller than the wall yourself...apparently boxing on the wii and swimming is paying off, I had enough upper body strength to push myself onto the top of the wall. Didn't even break into a sweat. Only scraped my leg on the wall, I was quite proud of myself, last time i scaled that wall my Dad had to give me a hand in getting on top of it...this time though he'd walked off and left me.

hi there everyone, I've had a lot of reading to catch up on here but I can't even begin to say how proud I am of and for each and everyone of you, even if we never meet please know that each and every one of you are a comfort and inspiration and I love you all.

I apologise in advance for people whose eyes get bored easily but my NSV is a bit hard to explain, so please bear wih me. :)

Last time I was on here was December 2010 and I'd just lost one stone and two pounds. As a reward my boyfriend took me on a trip to Florida and we came back the day before new years eve. He following night we went out to watch the fireworks and after the tradition countdown kiss he got on his knees (in the mud) and proposed. I said yes and had never felt happier. We headed back home about 4am and were walking along the pavement when an immense pain occurred in my side and the last thing I remembered was my legs going above my head.

4 months later I wake up in hospital surrounded by friends and family. I was told I was hit by a
drunk driver (who passed away before reaching the hospital), my spine had been twisted slightly
and fractured in two places, bruised hip wih a broken leg and a cracked skull. Hey said that they had done most of the ops but thought I needed another one for my spine. But I didn't care
because someone I really wanted to hold me wasn't here. My fiancé Teddy wasn't there, my
family and the doctor said that he never bothered to visit me, stupidly I thought well maybe he
didn't want to see me in such a state and will visit now I'm awake.

Two months later I stop writing letters to him and stop asking my family to check up with him.
Put all my focus on recovering and repeating how to walk. Cast was off my leg but my back was
killing me. Couldn't stay standing for more than a few seconds. Also felt disheartened to know
that my weight was now at it's heaviest.

Made get friends with the hospital staff and I'm allowed to go home after another seven months
and can walk a few paces without collapsing. Went to find out why my husband to be couldn't be
bothered to see me.

Dad took me in a wheel chair to our apartment, he didn't realise I'd be there so his face was a
picture. I asked the obvious questions of why wasn't he there, why did I get visits from a woman
who found me on the street and called the ambulance, rather than him phoning cause he was two meters away from me when it happened. God I am almost ashamed of myself for still crying when
I think of what he said then. He told me "I'm not gonna waste my life looking after a beached
whale in a wheelchair, how could you not get the idea when I didn't come to the hospital. All I
thought of when it happened was thank god she was so fat that I have to walk further into the
sidewalk cause I might have been hit too if you were the same as normal prettier women."

Stupid, I'm crying again. It just hurts so much when I think about how much he meant to me. Well here's where I did something I don't regret, he didn't know I'd been practising walking so I stood up and shuffled towards him, knees buckling slightly as I hadn't been more than a few paces further beforehand. Got right up to him and punched him in the nose. Dad brought the wheelchair to me and we left. With tears in my eyes I yelled back to him I'm alright to pawn the ring then?

A couple of months later and he wheelchair is gone, I'm back at sw and my ex passed me in the street. His nose now crooked so women can see he's ugly inside and out. My NSV is this, without sw I wouldn't have survived that accident because of the pressure on my heart. Without sw I wouldn't have had the will to try walking again, 'cause weight has always been a challenge for me and losing made everything seem possible. Without sw I wouldn't be my own person with confidence in myself and would have begged him to take me back. Without the knowledge that there were others it there who were like me, and my friends and family I would feel alone, useless and I honestly don't know what I would have done. All of you have inspired me in the last few months when my family read out your nsv's in hospital. So thank you all for being yourselves and bringing me joy in some of my darkest hours.

You need a medal. I applaud you for punching him, he deserved it, my ex was a douche, but even he wasn't that selfish (though he does still have part of a biro jammed in certain sensitive area, but i won't go into the details of that one).

It occurred to me like a wallop in the face that I now only weigh 4 stone more than the OH. I know I've lost a lot and stuff but I still see myself as massively overweight, and I am, I am still very obese, but 4 stone doesnt seem that much and I look at the OH and he looks, well, normal... :confused: Am I almost normal?

Up until I started Slimming World 20 days ago (I am being weighed tomorrow morning) I was at a size 52 waist trouser, well I just put on a pair of 48s I had stashed in the back of my cupboard for 2 years and they fit wonderfully!

I've never been so happy!

Grae said:
Up until I started Slimming World 20 days ago (I am being weighed tomorrow morning) I was at a size 52 waist trouser, well I just put on a pair of 48s I had stashed in the back of my cupboard for 2 years and they fit wonderfully!

I've never been so happy!

Well done. So happy for you :) keep it up!

MinkyDinky, you are Awesome! It's hard enough losing weight, but to kick another bad habit as well :O keep up the great work Hun!

Ally89, when I was in school the Walls in PE made me cry, yet you are climbing them willingly, amazing. It's great to hear that all you hard work is paying off. I'm so proud of you. I did have to giggle at the image of your dad walking off in the distance as you swung up your foot though. Hope you caught him up quickly. Tackling is an excellent form of revenge. ;)

A biro? Lol he must sound muffled now, if he talked out of him butt.

Ermintrude I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you're not normal...you're extraordinary! You've come so far and done so well, I couldn't be happier for you. I still weigh more thn my dad, which is so embarrassing 'cause he's been bragging about it for years, but not for long hehe. You'll be the same and I hope that when you find the best weigh or size for you you'll stay on here still.

Grae that's brilliant! Hope you did the happy dance :) will we get to see a pic?

Ally89, when I was in school the Walls in PE made me cry, yet you are climbing them willingly, amazing. It's great to hear that all you hard work is paying off. I'm so proud of you. I did have to giggle at the image of your dad walking off in the distance as you swung up your foot though. Hope you caught him up quickly. Tackling is an excellent form of revenge. ;)

A biro? Lol he must sound muffled now, if he talked out of him butt.

Haha that image you have is basically what happened. I handed him my camera so i didn't hit it on the wall then he bogged off into the distance. I'll get my revenge eventually. And I liked that biro, shame i didn't get it back, ah well it caused him personal injury so i'm not bothered :p

*sniggers* ah well, best served cold I guess. The whole pen thing reminded me of a joke from vicar of dibley. :)

heh i'm not ready for that yet Chazz, still no big noticable difference but I will someday post pics, I might just be a little shy :)

Back