NSVs - Non Scale Victories

loolahoop said:
OMG i swear i got my best ever NSV today!!
im quite a shy person, my eldest son is 9 and i have never ever got to know any of the mums in the playgroud etc, weeellll i was just walking home from the shop and i heard a voice say "u've lost loads of weight aint ya!"
i turned around and there was a mum i recognised from the school, so i said well im trying, lol lost nearly 2 st, so she asked how, i sed SW and then she said "yeh me and my mate were saying how much weight you had lost the other day, sorry we werent talking about you, but we are jealous, u look great!"
omg i was trying not to beam from ear to ear lol thgen she said her n her m8 gonna join SW too! lol i rekon i should get commission...if they do actually join that would be 8 ppl i got to go! lol xXx

You do.. You get a free week if you bring a new member to group so take them to your group and make sure you get the credit..

You do.. You get a free week if you bring a new member to group so take them to your group and make sure you get the credit..
yeh i know lol but the 6 ppl i have got to join so far live miles away from me! i mite try n mention it again at school pick up..get em to come with me lol ..do i get 2 free weeks if 2 people join? ;) lol

And well done to you too! Feels good when people take notice :D
lol it is especially when im having trouble noticing myself ... like iknow my clothes are getting to big now, but i cant see any differnce when i look in the mirror..does that make sense?! lol

Today I am wearing a size 20 top. It's a generous size 20.. but a 20 nonetheless. And, the size 22 jeans I managed to squeeze into a month ago are now hanging off me. On April 17th this year I was wearing a size 24 jeans and a size 24/26 top. Oh yeah!!! :D :D :D

I suppose that this is a scale victory but i'll post it anyway: i got my 6.5stone award yesterday and my book is so full of stickers that they had to stick yesterday's on the inside cover!

Oh, and i thought of another one. At group yesterday a target member who hasn't been in since christmas came back. We'd had a quick chat before class started and then half way through image therapy she suddenly said, "god, i didn't realise it was you - i didn't recognise you at all." I guess i must look a bit different then, even though like most people i don't see it in the mirror!

loolahoop said:
lol it is especially when im having trouble noticing myself ... like iknow my clothes are getting to big now, but i cant see any differnce when i look in the mirror..does that make sense?! lol

Looking at yourself in the mirror is a strange thing, even though it's a mirror it's not the true self, it's an image your mind makes up of how you see yourself. Hard to explain but for years I looked in the mirror and thought I looked fine, someone took a picture of me and my face was wider and so was the rest of me, I still look in the mirror and my face hasn't changed, but people are always telling me my face looks thinner

One day you'll look though and you will see it, it takes a while

The guy I have a crush on at work told me yesterday that I look visibly slimmer. He does know how to flatter a lady :p

Ally89 said:
The guy I have a crush on at work told me yesterday that I look visibly slimmer. He does know how to flatter a lady :p

Hun you should have said 'all the better to carry your babies'!!! Lol

Hun you should have said 'all the better to carry your babies'!!! Lol

If only I have the balls to say that and not totally embarrass myself :p

loolahoop said:
yeh i know lol but the 6 ppl i have got to join so far live miles away from me! i mite try n mention it again at school pick up..get em to come with me lol ..do i get 2 free weeks if 2 people join? ;) lol

Yes, or as our C has suggested buy a 12 week count down or bring 12 friends!!

was taking the shopping in the house from the car today, whilst my mum and dad was talking to our new neighbours, they have only been living next door for 3-4 weeks and only know me at my current size.. my mum showed them a pic of me at my biggest and they were shocked, a few 'f'ing hell' and 'omg'.

i actually had a smile on my face, i don't think i will ever get used to people i know commenting on my weight loss (think they are just saying it to be nice).. but people i've just met saying it makes me feel like they really do mean it. (strange thoughts i know :( )

Whilst in the bathroom my partner said that my bottom is now rounder rather than square looking lol I take this as a compliment indeed :0)

not sure if this is a NSV, it is in no relation to a change in my body but a MASSIVE change in my head!! lol
i stayed with my SIL and she mentioned something about food - xcant even rememebr what now, or how i responded lol but whatever it was she come back with "you wont be on a diet forever"
to which without thinking i responded with im nt now, this is a lifestyle change! i dont want to be unhealthy, she then come back with "oh! what a boring life! u cant ever sit there n eat a whole pack of cookies!"
to which i replied "eurgh! who would want to eat a WHOLE pack of cookies!?" then i thought...me! i did only a few months ago - without batting an eyelid!" but now...woah! lol
and the what a boring life comment...i thought how sad ur life must be to find excitment in a pack of cookies!? lol which again i would have thought the same only a few moinths ago, but now im wanting to go out and do things rather than stay in and eat! lol xXx

Back