NSVs - Non Scale Victories

couldn't fit on a pair fo 46 inch waist trousers when i started SW, can now slip them off without undoing the buttons or the zip, WIN!!

sun was out, so i went shopping in shorts, tshirt with summery shirt ontop and i felt confidant wearing it out in the shops, went to asda and bought another pair of shorts and tshirt for the up coming good weather next week ;)

and it was only a large tshirt and 36" shorts woohoo :p i started out 18 months (or so) wearing 5-6xl tshirts and 52(+ish)" jeans :D
it's the biggest smile ive had on my face for a while ;)

Malc-D said:
sun was out, so i went shopping in shorts, tshirt with summery shirt ontop and i felt confidant wearing it out in the shops, went to asda and bought another pair of shorts and tshirt for the up coming good weather next week ;)

and it was only a large tshirt and 36" shorts woohoo :p i started out 18 months (or so) wearing 5-6xl tshirts and 52(+ish)" jeans :D

Wow! That's amazing!! :)

Malc-D said:

That's awesome! Well done! I had a measure this morning and have lost 50cm overall. This SW lark is amazing!x

Sister's birthday on Thursday , everyone had pizza me i had my health b and healthy a sw ( egg and cheese ) . Saved myself for dinner . Today i made a batch of red velvet cupcakes with butter cream and marshmallows. Apart from the tinest lick from the tip of a spoon to check the flavour of the buttercream , no cupcake passed my lips. I am well happy with myself !!!

haaaaa :D :D sooo happy! lol
i started SW as i had a pair of size 16 jeans that started getting too tight (only pair of bigger trousers i brought as i refused to acknowledge how much weight i was putting on!)
weeeellll after loosing 2st i decided to try them on as i hadnt worn them since my 1st WI and THEY FELL DOWN!! :O not even that they are a little loose they actually just fell to the floor!! and hubby said (with a confused look on his face) "whos on earth are those? they are massive!" lol when i said they were mine n what started to get a little snug he looked so shocked!! i dont think he realised how much i was changing either...or how big i started to get!
not sure if my NSV is my trousers being so big or the look on hubbys face!! but has deffo set me up for a good day! :)

The director of governance at my local authority said to me the other night at a council meeting, "wow, what is this stupendously amazing weight loss programme you are on, you look so different?"

I got in to pair of size 14 jeans on Saturday and my work colleague said to me " wow you shrunk a lot" :D 4 sizes actually :D

Curious, i started at 21st 9, and i am almost exactly the same weight as you are now, I am also the same height, thus our BMI is identical. But, my waist is 44/42 and I can now fit comfortably into XL, a long long way from fitting into a smaller size.

claire35 said:
hi im new an dont know wat to do lol

Hello sweetheart... Have a good look around the site, start a food diary (read some beforehand so you get the idea) Subscribe to those you find like your kind of people and before you know it you will be on your way to finding both great support and meeting some lovely folks... Welcome and feel free to pop by on my diary... xx

Curious, i started at 21st 9, and i am almost exactly the same weight as you are now, I am also the same height, thus our BMI is identical. But, my waist is 44/42 and I can now fit comfortably into XL, a long long way from fitting into a smaller size.

very strange and i have no answer for you... i've lost alot of inches due to going the gym.
but i guess the real thing is, everyones different.. you could probably get 10 people all the same height and starting weight, who have lost the same amount of weight and i bet all 10 will be differnet even tho they are same height and weight.. one of lifes mysteries, no idea :( hmm

I haven't had an NSV for a long while, but a lad I work with said he had seen some photo's of a charity gig we had down at The Appleby a couple of years ago... He then said you haven't half lost weight love... Exit a smiley Chelle...

Ok, I have 2, I went to leavesden over the weekend to the Harry Potter srudio tour, and being the geek I am, I wanted a Harry Potter hoody, so in unisex last time I bought one I was in an XL, so i thought i'd try large, that was way to big, so i tried medium, nope still to big, ended up getting a size small! Sure its just a fluke as i've never ever fit into a small in anything, but it felt good anyway :p

Second happened today, my work colleague said to me, and i quote "have you dyed your hair? I like girls with dark hair, much prefer a brunette to a blonde. You're doing well on your weight loss, you look really good", then he sneakily hands me his photography business card so i can take his mobile number off it. I'm sure its common knowledge I have a crush on him and he tends to flirt with every woman anyway, but it was nice while it lasted :D

Ok, I have 2, I went to leavesden over the weekend to the Harry Potter srudio tour, and being the geek I am, I wanted a Harry Potter hoody, so in unisex last time I bought one I was in an XL, so i thought i'd try large, that was way to big, so i tried medium, nope still to big, ended up getting a size small! Sure its just a fluke as i've never ever fit into a small in anything, but it felt good anyway :p

Second happened today, my work colleague said to me, and i quote "have you dyed your hair? I like girls with dark hair, much prefer a brunette to a blonde. You're doing well on your weight loss, you look really good", then he sneakily hands me his photography business card so i can take his mobile number off it. I'm sure its common knowledge I have a crush on him and he tends to flirt with every woman anyway, but it was nice while it lasted :D

I met a customer a couple of days ago i hadnt seen for about twelve months. First thing she says to me as i get out the car, your hair has changed colour (my hair is dark blonde, but lightens up a lot in the sun, ie it naturally bleaches quite easily, though it seems to be more shades of grey now than anything else).

I laughed out loud, "you notice my hair colour, but not the five stone of weight i've lost?"
She replied "I noticed as soon as you got out the car, but was too polite to say anything"

I am in her house, and what do i spot out the corner of my eye? A slimming world pack. She's now back on track !

gazter said:
I met a customer a couple of days ago i hadnt seen for about twelve months. First thing she says to me as i get out the car, your hair has changed colour (my hair is dark blonde, but lightens up a lot in the sun, ie it naturally bleaches quite easily, though it seems to be more shades of grey now than anything else).

I laughed out loud, "you notice my hair colour, but not the five stone of weight i've lost?"
She replied "I noticed as soon as you got out the car, but was too polite to say anything"

I am in her house, and what do i spot out the corner of my eye? A slimming world pack. She's now back on track !

Love this :)

Went down to the canteen to grab a jacket potato and beans for lunch, the girl on the til said 'Back on the jackets and beans?' and I said 'It's grey enough weather to justify it, so aye!' she said 'You've done really well must have lost a lot of weight now - are you just eating healthily or doing something else?' and I took great glee in thanking her and telling her slimming world. She mentioned a friend of hers did it and lost 2 stone and it seems to do wonders, to which I nodded. Sounds dull as all hell, but there's thousands of people in the building that this lady sees, so to notice I've lost so much weight was fab :)

Back