NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Went down to the canteen to grab a jacket potato and beans for lunch, the girl on the til said 'Back on the jackets and beans?' and I said 'It's grey enough weather to justify it, so aye!' she said 'You've done really well must have lost a lot of weight now - are you just eating healthily or doing something else?' and I took great glee in thanking her and telling her slimming world. She mentioned a friend of hers did it and lost 2 stone and it seems to do wonders, to which I nodded. Sounds dull as all hell, but there's thousands of people in the building that this lady sees, so to notice I've lost so much weight was fab :)

Definitely a NSV!

Very good everyone! :)

I had a good one today, though small; mum was making dinner and said it'd be a while longer than usual, and I was HUNGRY. Went to the corner shop up the road and instead of buying crap, bought copy of Slimming World and a bottle of diet Pepsi. Felt so in control.
Later I decided to go on a walk in the cooler evening (too hot in the day!) and went via Morrisons. Came out with 5 apples and some of the new soya hazelnut milk to try. Avoided popcorn, iced buns and sorbet! :D

Well done Clairebear, sometimes knowing you're making the right choice is so much tastier than eating the junk.

My NSV was that I've discovered yesterday I can get my trousers down without unbuttoning them... Not sure when that happened but I LOVE it!

I have one , i spotted it about a week and a half ago , but thought i was imagining it. I can clearly see a gap between my wrist and the metal strap on my watch and i can fit 2 fingertips inside. 2 Christmases ago this was a very snug fit !! :) ...

I had a great one today. I went to Sainsbury's to buy a dress to wear to my dad's birthday BBQ this evening. I found 3 dresses I liked, one was only available in a 16, one only available in a 14 and one was available in a 14 and a 16. I tried on the dress in a 16 and it was too big in the top! Both of the size 14 dresses fitted me :D :D

When I rejoined back in May I was nearly wearing size 18's, all my size 16's were tight and I refused to buy anything bigger. I am now sat here wearing my new dress, and its a maxi dress that I never would have chosen before as it has a halter neck and I would have felt self-concious in it all evening.

Went a bit mad shopping today! Kept picking up size 10 and 12 of things to try on. All the size 10's fitted. Even a pair of white skinny jeans. Must admit to a moment of jumping up and down in joy in the changing rooms!

Got some new trousers yesterday, tried them on :)

The waist of the trousers is fourteen inches less than the ones i was wearing twenty weeks ago, and no elastic waist to grow into....

I cycled my usual 9 miles today, and thought it was such a nice day, I'd go another 6, I only went in when it started raining, I wish I could have done more. A few months ago I would have struggled to do just 9 :)

Grae said:
I cycled my usual 9 miles today, and thought it was such a nice day, I'd go another 6, I only went in when it started raining, I wish I could have done more. A few months ago I would have struggled to do just 9 :)

I hope the weather's better next time you go out so you can go even further. I did 4 miles the other week but had to come home as the bloody chain came off my bike! And being a girl I had no idea how to fix it lol

I've just remembered this.....while out walking the dog with OH and son on Friday morning down the cycle path, I had a sudden urge to start running...so I did!! And I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was :) I didn't go far because the other half was almost peeing himself laughing lol. Which started me giggling :D I hope no one saw me running whilst holding onto my boobs with both hands!! I'd need a super duper sports bra or I could injure passing walkers/runners lol

I ran (well, jogged slowly :D) ten miles this afternoon!

Today me and my dad went to a tank driving experience, he was driving and i was in the back just tagging along, to drive around in the tanks you had to wear an army jumpsuit, and the instructor looked me up and down, handed me a suit (no idea what size, don't really care ;) ) and it fitted like a glove. even the photo shows no lumps or bumps or bulges. my dad said i'm looking pretty slim. so a good day all around.

Ten miles? Wow. I bet you couldn't have managed that at your starting weight!

No, I definitely couldn't! I used to really struggled to walk up the hill near my flat, let alone run anywhere :)

A couple for me over the last couple of days!

I went to visit my Nan last night and as I was walking down her driveway, her neighbour, who I haven't seen for about 6 or 8 months, popped up (she was gardening!) and said "crikey, you've lost some weight!" She's in her 70s, bless her, but wants to lose a few pounds so I'm going to print her off all my SW stuff so she can start following the plan! Love it!

I was also looking at photos from the Olympic cycling we went to at the weekend and realising that I don't feel so huge any more! I has got to the stage where I dreaded seeing photos of myself, but now I feel much more comfortable in my own skin. We've just booked a mini break to Center Parcs with some friends for the bank holiday and I'm not totally dreading being in a swimsuit. The SW malarkey really is rather good!

And the tape measure shows another 5cm off, taking me to a total of 55cm overall! The scales might not have been moving lately, but my shape is definitely changing :)

Back