Number 2s???

kazza55

Morning all, firstly may i appologise for being so crude but i am a little worried. I havent 'been' since last Tuesday so i took a couple of laxatives on Monday night. Well, last night i must have spent nearly an hour sitting on the loo!! Once again sorry to be crude but i could feel it there but it just wouldnt come out!!! I know i should possibly see my doc but im so scared that he is going to stop me using LT that i really dont want to go. Has anyone had this problem and if so what did you do? So sorry if this offends anyone but i really dont know what to do and im getting a little worried. x

what sort of laxatives did you take? I know whenever I've had dulcolax tablets they seem to work faster than any other laxatives, for me anyway. If you are in pain, as I know constipation can be, you probably need to see your doctor, better safe than sorry. All the best I hope you get some results today.

A good few people use Fibreclear from the pharmacy,it seems to help x

I tried fibreclear and it really didnt make a difference. I use dulcolax and they have always worked fine, i will take some more tonight and if nothing has happened by tomorrow i think i will have to see my doc. Thanks for you help x

Kazza, never apologise for talking about poo! We often talk about it! How much Fibreclear do you use? I use a good heaped teaspoon in each shake and it works for me. If you can't shift it with Fibreclear and Ducolax then I would go and see you GP.

Good luck hun, it's horrible feeling so uncomfortable.

x

I was putting 2 heaped teaspoons full in each shake but it really didnt make a difference. Just called the docs and apparently the receptionist told me i wasnt an 'emergency' so i would have to wait until 2pm Friday afternoon for an appointment.....

I was putting 2 heaped teaspoons full in each shake but it really didnt make a difference. Just called the docs and apparently the receptionist told me i wasnt an 'emergency' so i would have to wait until 2pm Friday afternoon for an appointment.....

I would try the Ducolax again... sounds like you have quite a blockage there;)

I have just spoken to the nice doctor at LT and he has advised me that i am possibly drinking too much water (4-5 litres a day) He has suggested no more than 4 litres??? Apparently, anymore than this can wash away vital salts in the body which may cause constipation. Im off to the chemists on my way home to pick up a glycerine suppository (sp) and that should clear me out apparently. Keep your fingers crossed for me guys!!

Good luck hun.

x

Hi, sorry to hear of your plight! There really is nothing worse.

Since I started all those weeks ago, I have been taking Fibresure. They are capsules, very easy to take and as far as I could see they didn't effect ketosis or weight loss as I was doing quite well until a bit of a speed wobble a few weeks ago. But I'm back into it now and back into the Fibresure. I went almost every single day, it wasn't difficult to go and the consistency etc was normal.

I get them in Boots in the vitamin section. It says on packet to take 2 x 3 times a day but I take 3 x 2 and I try to take them with my shakes.

Don't be afraid of being graphic on here we have all been there. Good luck.

Kazza, the glycerine supps, will do the trick, just moisten them with warm water or a tiny bit of shower gel to help get them in. Try and retain them as long as poss. Then prepare for the explosion, you'll feel SO much better ;)
Don't stray too far from the loo!! :sign0131::sick0019::bliss:xx

Then prepare for the explosion, you'll feel SO much better ;)
Don't stray too far from the loo!! :sign0131::sick0019::bliss:xx[/quote]

Sorry, this made we almost wee :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Only because I reallllly know what you mean. Since starting LL I have been really constipated and only found having dulcolax AND then 12 hours later once gurggling nicely using a glycerine sup to unplug, does the job, really gross sorry.

Good luck and hang on to something, I almost jumped off the loo first time :eek:

Lisa x

this is going to sound dumb, but what are glycerine supps? from one of the threads i have just read im getting that you put them in your bum?

They're bullet shaped and sized pieces of glycerine, which, when inserted into..um.. the appropriate orifice, melt, and soften and lubricate the hard and dehydrated,er, stools, which are impacted and can't be passed. They make you go like sh** off a hot shovel!!

I didn't know that drinking 6-7 litres could cause constipation. I drink roughly 6 litres a day + a little extra water in my shakes & i only go about once a week & my poo is very hard. Although it hasn't been as bad since my thyroid meds were increased slightly.

good luck hun - I have the same problem! Its a real pain in the ****! Any one who has ever had a rabbit will know! Thats what it reminds me of - sorry but it does!

Oh well done hun, you must be feeling lighter and more comfortable now, you might go a few more times today.... and feel much better by the end of the day.

Back