Nurofen - Heeeeeelp!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Surfhunny, 5 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    Hi there, I need a bit of advice. I've got a cold and a headache, so after my last shake I took 2 Nurofen, which I have done on and off throughout the diet. The problem lies in the fact that the ones I have just taken had a sugar coating on them. I didn't notice until it was too late. Have I just inadvertently knocked myself out of Ketosis?? I really hope not, cos I feel bad enough as it is.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

i doubt it hun, have you got ketostix and you can check in the morning :) xx

4. XlosingitX

XlosingitX Gold Member

surf i dont no hun but drinks lots of water to dilute it it may help xxx

5. Amanda71

Amanda71 Silver Member

Doubtful :) But try and stick to paracetamol tablets anyway as ibuprofen(nurofen) shouldn't be taken on a empty stomach as it can irritate.
    Hope you're feeling better soon :)

6. BBlilsis

BBlilsis My 3 Furry Amigos

Diet:
    Cambridge
    SH, coating on a tablet will not knock a whole body out of ketosis, the bars, shakes and tetras have carbs in them and they don't knock you out of ketosis.

7. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    I believe the amount of sugar on a tablet is negligable (sp) so please dont worry yourself too much. I only say this after asking the question at work about a diabetic having the sugar coated nurofen and was told they are fine. Hope this helps

8. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    Thanks everyone, I tend to make a drama out of everything lol. The only reason I worried was because my friend is on LL and has be told that taking tablets with a sugar coating is an absolute no-no. And she lost the plot completely when she accidently had a sip of flavoured water....I think her LL counsellor has gone a bit over the top with her warnings.

9. dani*r

dani*r Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    hi hun,
    i always take nurofen when ive got headaches, they dont knock you out of ketosis.
    i would suggest getting some bars or porridge in, or having some cooked chicken in the fridge. taking them with shakes is prob ok as a one off but when youre ill and need to take them regularly its better to have them with something abit more substansial.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.