Nurofen - Heeeeeelp!!!!!!!

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
Hi there, I need a bit of advice. I've got a cold and a headache, so after my last shake I took 2 Nurofen, which I have done on and off throughout the diet. The problem lies in the fact that the ones I have just taken had a sugar coating on them. I didn't notice until it was too late. Have I just inadvertently knocked myself out of Ketosis?? I really hope not, cos I feel bad enough as it is.

Doubtful :) But try and stick to paracetamol tablets anyway as ibuprofen(nurofen) shouldn't be taken on a empty stomach as it can irritate.
Hope you're feeling better soon :)

Hi there, I need a bit of advice. I've got a cold and a headache, so after my last shake I took 2 Nurofen, which I have done on and off throughout the diet. The problem lies in the fact that the ones I have just taken had a sugar coating on them. I didn't notice until it was too late. Have I just inadvertently knocked myself out of Ketosis?? I really hope not, cos I feel bad enough as it is.

SH, coating on a tablet will not knock a whole body out of ketosis, the bars, shakes and tetras have carbs in them and they don't knock you out of ketosis.

I believe the amount of sugar on a tablet is negligable (sp) so please dont worry yourself too much. I only say this after asking the question at work about a diabetic having the sugar coated nurofen and was told they are fine. Hope this helps

Thanks everyone, I tend to make a drama out of everything lol. The only reason I worried was because my friend is on LL and has be told that taking tablets with a sugar coating is an absolute no-no. And she lost the plot completely when she accidently had a sip of flavoured water....I think her LL counsellor has gone a bit over the top with her warnings.

hi hun,
i always take nurofen when ive got headaches, they dont knock you out of ketosis.
i would suggest getting some bars or porridge in, or having some cooked chicken in the fridge. taking them with shakes is prob ok as a one off but when youre ill and need to take them regularly its better to have them with something abit more substansial.

Back