O/T (and totally random) - Gemstones

I will succeed!!!
Hi -

Is anyone here interested in gemstones and crystals? As in, their healing powers etc?

*aware some people might think she's a total fruit loop, but as a Pagan she's used to it ;) *

If so let me know - have a question/need advice

I think my username syas it all ( although spelt differently :p)

I have a little chunk of amethyst on my desk and carry a little heart shaped rose quartz crystal with me in my purse. I am certainly not an expert but considering doing a lot more research into this and angels....

Lisa xx

It's very interesting, but I'm not sure what I believe/disbelieve as I don't know enough. I like the thought of angels and do hope they are there :)

I have amethyst and carnelian on the bedroom windowsill to keep out bad dreams and a white quartz necklace to repel negative thoughts but thats bout it.Oh no I did have a necklace which was the 7 chackras but it snapped and I havent re-strung it yet. I am interested and love gemstones and crytals.

I love crystals and gemstones too, have a large collection on display in my front room and totally believe in their powers.

I'm a believer! I have a gorgeous agate obelisk, a nice chunk of labradorite, an unpolished hematite pendant/pendulum, several small crystals which I keep with my oracle/tarot cards and a small piece of amethyst.
And several bracelets, one with goldstone and dalmation stone and one with a mix of stones.

And my mum is training to be a crystal healer.

Love all that stuff!

hahaha...I actually just went on a crystal binge (much better than an eating binge though yes?) I bought...

Malachite
Emerald
Garnet
Amethyst
Ametrine
Amethyst
Labradorite
Moonstone
Ruby in Fushite
Rose quartz
Chrysoprase
Carnelian
Citrine
Hematite(supposed to help you fight cravings you know)

Jet

Haematite is good for cravings but you shouldn't wear it too often - it'll suck the energy right out of you!

I love labaradorite - it's so shiny!

Sounds like a nice collection you have there Nicole.

Wow - I am amazed with the number of replies!!! Thanks!

Ok, so I cannot locate my gem book and gems aren't my strongest skill.

Anyway, my sister is pregnant so I want to get her something with a stone for during the birth. My first gut feeling was for malachite, as it's a protection stone (especially for children) and was nicknames the mid-wife stone (from what I believe).

But cause I cannot find my book, I googled and depending on which site you look at, the stone or crystal differs!!!

Some other suggestions were:

Shiva Linghum (which I can see as it's vitality and unity, which you want for yourself and child)

Hematite - good for relationships (but I agree it's a strong one, but FYI worn on the left hand gives the best from it from what I know as it'll link with heart).

Bloodstone - which is good for blood/bleeding issues (hopefully she won't NEED that one).

Ruby - contentment and peace (which are good during labour i assume lol).

Agate - protection and relates to the stomach chakra (I think??)

Peridot - which was weird as isn't that good for organ issues? But suppose in general area chakra wise?

Red jasper - another protection stone.

But weirdly jade was suggested too - which I thought was good for money and attracting love as in romantic love?

Basically, I am thrown by the sheer range of options and she'll get freaked out if I turn her lounge into a gemstone shop (she's likely to go for a home birth).

Plus, my family don't 'get' my beliefs so I tend to protect them etc without it being so obvious.

So...which would you all say? I'm still thinking malachite, and was going to get her a pendant of it (but can you WEAR that during birth?). That way she can keep it too :)

Any help or suggestions would be great :) - as I said, not my strongest subject atm.

And yay for the number of people who are into gems and stuff too.

Bad Jar - which tarot do you have? xxx

ooo. My sister is too pregnant, i would be interested in any replies that come back to you also :)

My mother is very much into all spritutual things and into her crystals. I have always been interested in crystals/stones/gems but have never got around to getting into it and reading up on it properly, im not a very spiritual person, nor am i religious in anyway and base most of my descions and choices on basic things such as, surrounding yourself with bad people, will only bring you bad things, Lieing will only come back to haunt you and bring u bad karma, and always be yourself.. etc etc

I suffer from quite horrific dreams and was wandering if anyone could suggest a stone that may help? x

Haematite is good for cravings but you shouldn't wear it too often - it'll suck the energy right out of you!

I love labaradorite - it's so shiny!

Sounds like a nice collection you have there Nicole.

Ooh that's interesting! I do have a pretty haematite ring and bracelet that I wear occasionally - not always. I'll have to experiment and see if I have less cravings on a day I wear them :)

Chrysoprase wards of recurring dreams and agate helps with bad dreams Fern.

xx

Ooh that's interesting! I do have a pretty haematite ring and bracelet that I wear occasionally - not always. I'll have to experiment and see if I have less cravings on a day I wear them :)

LEFT HAND ;) xxx

ooo. My sister is too pregnant, i would be interested in any replies that come back to you also :)

My mother is very much into all spritutual things and into her crystals. I have always been interested in crystals/stones/gems but have never got around to getting into it and reading up on it properly, im not a very spiritual person, nor am i religious in anyway and base most of my descions and choices on basic things such as, surrounding yourself with bad people, will only bring you bad things, Lieing will only come back to haunt you and bring u bad karma, and always be yourself.. etc etc

I suffer from quite horrific dreams and was wandering if anyone could suggest a stone that may help? x

P.S I never thought of myself as religious or spiritual until I studied RE at school and we covered Paganism. Fitted my and my beliefs like a glove...and it turns out from family tree (and nagging my Mum) that my Grandad (never met him) and great aunt (ditto) were of the same beliefs as me and it goes back some way. My gran was very Catholic and so when they met religion was never discussed, so Mum was raised kinda without any as a result.

My family think I am totally nuts and weird, but it's who I am - I believe in nature and the power it has. Sounds weird I know :) x

My family think I am totally nuts and weird, but it's who I am - I believe in nature and the power it has. Sounds weird I know :) x

Thats a shame, because what ever works for you, does.. and really they should be a lil more open, even if only to let you be yourself around them.. they don't have to be like 'oo tell me more!' lol!

My mother is very spritual, shes into her tarot (spelt right?) cards etc. and despite not really wanting anything to do withit myself, i am more than happy for her to explore her choice of belief and i often look after the rest of the brood so she can go exploring! her recent thing is buddhism(again not spelt right?) lol!

Anyways, back on topic, LOL.. i think its great that you try your best to help without them really knowing it! im sure your doing them the world of good.

If i tell you a lil bit about what i'd like to find some gems to help me with maybe you could help?

Energy, i often i feel drained and can get quite disheartened and negative quickly.

I do suffer from sleepwalking, nasty dreams and generally disturbed sleep.

(gunna sound crazy here) .. but i am often aware of a disturbing presence, i wouldnt say its within my home, as i can feel it at any time, randomly. I often feel uncomfortable and vulnerable.. and would like a gem to help me feel more protected??

xxxxx

Thats a shame, because what ever works for you, does.. and really they should be a lil more open, even if only to let you be yourself around them.. they don't have to be like 'oo tell me more!' lol!

My mother is very spritual, shes into her tarot (spelt right?) cards etc. and despite not really wanting anything to do withit myself, i am more than happy for her to explore her choice of belief and i often look after the rest of the brood so she can go exploring! her recent thing is buddhism(again not spelt right?) lol!

Anyways, back on topic, LOL.. i think its great that you try your best to help without them really knowing it! im sure your doing them the world of good.

If i tell you a lil bit about what i'd like to find some gems to help me with maybe you could help?

Energy, i often i feel drained and can get quite disheartened and negative quickly.

I do suffer from sleepwalking, nasty dreams and generally disturbed sleep.

(gunna sound crazy here) .. but i am often aware of a disturbing presence, i wouldnt say its within my home, as i can feel it at any time, randomly. I often feel uncomfortable and vulnerable.. and would like a gem to help me feel more protected??

xxxxx

Defo agate as a multi use...it's protection, helps with sleep and energy. Get a palm stone from an online shop and leave in bedroom.

As for bad presence...red jasper is a great house stone. It's a protection stone again and good for general niceness.

Again, a couple of stones around the house.

I only have a little on gems as source though and it's one of those things which varies with where you look. My good book isn't to hand atm.

And my folks aren't mean about it, they just think I'm quirky lol :) x

Tehe, Quirky. :p Quirkys a good thing to be!

Thank you so much, im going to head to the crystal shop this week and invest :) xx

Hi Sticky, I have a few tarot packs but the ones I use the most is called the sharman caselli deck. It's a 'happy' deck! I also have a dragon tarot and a llewelllyn deck which is beautiful but can be vague. I'm still learning so I'm not 100%!

I believe in Karma, cosmic balance and getting back what you give. I'm interested in spiritualism too.

Fern, an amethyst crystal under your pillow should help you sleep. Also, if you're feeling a presence that makes you feel uncomfortable, imagine you're filled with white light and ask for protection. If you can pinpoint a room in the house where it feels strongest you need to stand in the middle of the room, fill yourself with white light and expand it out of yourself to every corner of the room. hopefully that will help. It could just be someone trying to get your attention!

I'm wearing my haematite bracelet today (left wrist!) to see how it goes with cravings. So far so good :)

I'm wearing my haematite bracelet today (left wrist!) to see how it goes with cravings. So far so good :)

Yay! Let us know - I can drape myself in the stuff if it works ;) xxx

Back