O/T Fake Tan

Foo Fan

Gold Member
I've just bought some fake tan off ebay - I've never used it before and was wonderding if anyone knows the best way to apply?

Any other tips would be gr8.. Do I shower before? exfoliate? Can I use on my face?

Help!

:D

I lurrrve the stuff

Ok is it a can? or cream? a bottle spray?

Is it Fake Bake? st tropez?

You certainly need to exfoliate thats a MUST get rid of all ya dry/old skin before doing it

I like Fake Bake think its the most natural looking

Make sure you do it somewhere that you wont mind things getting covered..i do mine in the shower lol ..

Hi Mrsessex,

I have bought a cheeper version on "st tropez" and its a foam. I've got plastic gloves - shall I buy a 'tanning glove thing'?

Try using a facecloth if you don't have the spongy gloves.... don't use plastic ones!

Don't forget after you wash and dry your hands to do the backs of your hands too!

Some are ok for your face but it does depend of course on your skin and how sensitive you are.

ps b&M Bargains do a gr8 tan called st moritz..... very similar to st tropez and costs buttons in comparison.

Good luck and I hope you don't turn out tangoed!

Thats the one I bought!! £3 on ebay lol

Exfoliation is the key......and moisturize knees, ankles, feet and elbows before you apply the tan as these areas really grab the colour!

you picked a good one.... first layer's not orange at all!

Thanks for the tips! I'll hopefully be trying it out tomorrow :)

Let us know how it goes. I have never tried to use one cos I saw the mess my mum made a few years ago when trying to do her legs. I'd really like to have a go though.

Hi Guys,

Strange question - but most people say put the fake tan on, leave on over night then have a shower in the morning... But I dont have a shower - just a bath.. Will this be ok? or will it wash to much off?

Sorry about my silly questions lol

Ohhh perfect timing for you to ask this! Its my sisters wedding on Saturday and I really need to tan my legs but I'm a fake tan virgin. I'm really worried about doing it- my bridesmaid dress is cocktail length and if it goes wrong I'm going to look a blooming plonker! Anymore tips.... I'm getting more and more tempted?!?

Hmmm it's a bit late to start but next time maybe consider the everyday tan type of stuff. It is a moisturiser with a bit of tan but it is one of the best ways to build up a natural tanned look...and if you make any mistakes it isn't so obvious as with the strong stuff. St Tropez everyday is the one I use. Trouble areas are always feet knees hands elbows so take extra care to exfoliate these and have them well moisturized...good luck everyone!!!!

the st moritz is a good first timer..... not too orange just be careful; round knees and ankles.....

Bath should be fine!

Good luck girlies

Back