O/T Got the 11+ Exam Results

slimmerkay

Silver Member
Kieran didn't pass :cry:

Ah well, not to worry. He isn't upset - just a bit disappointed. But we found out his best friend didn't pass either and he is very bright so the standard must have been very high this year.

Aww what are the 11+ exams? Like sats?

never mind hun! he tried his very best! i bet he was really feeling the pressure bless him!

what are his options now then?

luv katie

awwww (((hugs)))

i don't think dd's going to pass if it's any consolation! when she did the mock ones the pass mark was 118, 118, 118. she got 109, 128, 116.

so we thought it was worth putting her in for it. but she said that when she did the proper one in september she was so worried about it that she went all nervous and started crying while she was about halfway through the test! :eek: i felt so sorry for her!

it's not even like we put any pressure on her though. we said that as lon as she tried her best it didn't matter whether she passed or not :)

so yeah.. we're not expecting great results lol :rotflmao:

me and OH have already talked about it actually and decided that even if she does pass, she'll probably only *just* get through... so we think we'd rather apply for her to go to a state school and be at the top of the class than to a grammar and struggle :)

never mind hun! he tried his very best! i bet he was really feeling the pressure bless him!

what are his options now then?

luv katie

He'll go the nearest high school here. His bros already go there. He was always going there anyway but because he is so bright the head at his primary suggested we try for the Grammar.

Beki - we weren't going to have him try for it but his Head suggested it and his best friend was applying too. So as Kieran was keen we went along with it.

His best friend didn't pass either. Last year the pass percentage was 84%. I'm going to call the school Monday to ask what the pass percentage was this year and what percentage Kieran got. At least that way I'll know what to expect from him at state high school.

It's just as well anyway. The Geography class trip last year from the Grammar was to Switzerland :eek: I wouldn't have been able to keep up financially with all the things going on lol.

awwww (((hugs)))

i don't think dd's going to pass if it's any consolation! when she did the mock ones the pass mark was 118, 118, 118. she got 109, 128, 116.

so we thought it was worth putting her in for it. but she said that when she did the proper one in september she was so worried about it that she went all nervous and started crying while she was about halfway through the test! :eek: i felt so sorry for her!

it's not even like we put any pressure on her though. we said that as lon as she tried her best it didn't matter whether she passed or not :)

so yeah.. we're not expecting great results lol :rotflmao:

me and OH have already talked about it actually and decided that even if she does pass, she'll probably only *just* get through... so we think we'd rather apply for her to go to a state school and be at the top of the class than to a grammar and struggle :)

i dont have child in this position but i have to agrre with beki! better to be outstandin at a state school than struggling in a grammer school! although it would have been nice for him to have a head start!

it would be extreamly intrestin to know pass rate!

how is he feelin now anyways?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back