o/t in a sling!!

msblonde

a new way of living!
hi all,

oooouuuuccccchhh!

got tripped up by the dog, and fell head first down a slope. got my arms up to break my fall, (instead of my face fortunately!!) and hurt right hand/wrist! yes i'm right handed... and yes typing and using mouse with left is so slooooowwww and annoying!

had an xray - in a&e for 5 hours!!!! they cant see bone that they think is fractured so got a splint and an appt for ten days.

gosh it hurts! keith had to help me bathe and wash hair! i'm supposed to be a carer, not the cared for!!!

i hurt, and ache and fed up!

wi tomorrow, wonder how much splint weighs??? ;)

Oh dear hun! :( I hope your wrist heals up sharpish *hugs* x

is it wrong to have giggled at the mental picture of you rolling down a hill???

i really hope your wrist gets better soon though hun :D xxxxx

is it wrong to have giggled at the mental picture of you rolling down a hill???

i really hope your wrist gets better soon though hun :D xxxxx

lol, no. but you have to add in a picture of a terrier under left leg and a boxer under right leg looking quite confused and aptly terrified of, lets face it, still quite a large lard ball heading staight for them!

awww hugglessssssss sweetie hope the pain goes soon

xxx

aww hun, hope it gets better soon, good luck in ur WI tomorrow ;)

LOL Ouch! Get well soon msblonde! Just as well you didnt land on the dogs 6 weeks ago!

Hi hun, hope you feel a bit better soon, I have had my fair share of dog related injuries over the years so can sympathise.

Hope splint isn't too heavy (makes mental note to ask weights of medical items if this situation arises whilst on LT). Seriosuly tho it sucks but I'm sure you will have your usual good weigh in tomorrow to cheer you up x

oh babe, what are you like - bloody mutts. Take care, and I'd say a splint is at least 3lbs! :D

Ouch!!!! I am sorry to hear about your accident. I broke my right hand nearly 4 years ago and had to wear a splint that you could take off and on using velco. Not sure how much it weighed. I had to get my eldest to brush my hair, do up my bra and fasten my shoes! I felt helpless and had to really knock the painkillers back.

Hope you aren't in too much pain and good luck tomorrow.

x

Poor Helen, sorry to hear this. It must be awful having to have things done for you ie get washed etc.
Maybe you could take it off just for the WI? (But not if it's strapped on and not meant to be removed before the 10 days)
Keep up with the painkillers and hope you feel better soon. xx

oh no hun hope its better soon x

thanks everyone. Xx
Mine is the same cuddly, may get pharm to remove and put back on, have trouble managing it myself. Its a 2 week wi tomorrow so i'm hoping for good news. I really wanted to eat today. Needed that comfort. But i was good. :)

GOSH i HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON kNOW WHAT YOUR GOIN THROUGH i FRACTURED MY RIGHT ELBOW LAST YEAR WAS STRAPPED UP FOR 12 WEEKS SO I AM FEELING YOUR PAIN GET WELL SOON

i lost 4.5lbs in 2 weeks, i'm sure this thing must be really heavy! ;)

next wi in 2 weeks. :) hope to be out of splint by then.

Back