O/T It's cold....

It has been freezing here. The other night we had a huge hail storm! My OH is pretty skinny and he has insisted we put the heating on for the odd hour. I was trying to be strong. Heh.

This house is well insulated though, so we use the heating to take the edge off, and then pamper ourselves by wrapping up in snuggly throws and blankets. It's romantic if you share a throw, cuddle up (surrounded by cushions) and watch TV together.

My kid doesn't get a cuddle though. He just has to sit in bed and play Xbox all alone. As I keep telling him, "Life is like that when Mummy has a pretty boyfriend".

Its freezing here but no heating yet i refuse, so its socks jumpers and hot drinks all round and if i get time to sit down ill be bribing one of our cats too. Preferably Douglas or Seymour as the two girls dont settle and just paddle you to death.

I LOVE winter. Theres somthing so magical about it, and after i get worked up about summer and then sorely disspointed, theres nothing i love more than buying my new hat and scarf for the season and reminding everyone how close we are to xmas.

Unfortunatly for me, the older i get the less presents i get LOL< but christmas is still ver much important to me, and i love it. esp new year.

xxxxxxxx

I try not to put the heating on until at least mid-October. But I do have a very cosy electric blanket and that has been switched on for half an hour before bed a few nights recently!

Its the time of year now we can have all those lovely homemade soups and stews to warm us up, got soup cooking away now for lunch loads of veg and smells wonderfull. I love autumn, winter and spring but hate hot summers, they crease me and make me ill with heat stoke so I'm cheering up nicely now lol.

Is it cold? I can't say that I've noticed really - I DO live in Scotland, it's normal to be cold up here - boo hoo!

Seriously though, yes I am colder but heating's not on ........ yet ...... it's nice starting to see the leaves on the trees going all burnished reds and golds and starting to float down onto the cycling track that hubby and I have been jogging along recently though ..... might need to stop wearing my cycling shorts to go running though as we've been getting a few odd looks the past few days ...... maybe time to switch to full length leggings or jogging pants?

Not to worry - we're looking forward to Xmas & New Year in Egypt - should be warm there ........

Back