o/t Julie and Julia

Elle-Emm

Gold Member
*Sigh* a film about food. I went to see this last night and really enjoyed it. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves food, especially cooking it, but also eating it.

It's about Julia Child, famous US cook who basically introduced FRench classic cooking to the US and was one of the first TV chefs. i'd never heard of her before the film but I believe that Meryl Streeps' portrayal of her is meant to be as excellent as you'd expect.

The love story with her husband is so beautiful and tender, and it's nice to see an older relationship being shown on films. Stanley Tucci plays her husband who tells her, "You're the butter to my bread" (perfect!).

her story, of being in Paris, learning to cook and then writing a book about it, is interspersed with Amy Adams as Julie Powell, a 29 year old American woman who feels her life is going nowhere but who decides to cook all 524 recipes in Julia's book over the course of a year - blogging her progress.

Both stories are heartwarming, the relationships realistic and as well as the gratuitous butter shots *slobber* it's pretty funny in places too.

Go see it and, if you're like me and not currently cooking, crave the lure of the kitchen... and Paris!

ahhh Paris... *swoon*. i just adore that place!!

might convice the boyfriend to take me to see it - after all i went to see District 9 with him! and 3 of the Saw films! i can't get enough of food programmes etc at the moment so a film about it! gimme gimme!! thanks for the recommendation honey x

Back