O/T Need some encouragement!

hannahkaye

This is it!
Hi Guys

I'm about to go into a meeting with the agency that I work for. They are basically screwing me out of my holiday pay, and they're just being completely unreasonable about it. The guy that I'm temping for is going to come into the meeting as my support, which I'm eternally grateful for. I am burning off so much nervous energy right now, and I'm freezing, but I'm going to have my pack before I go in to try to make sure that I don't lose concentration.

I've been to see a solicitor and they told me that I have a valid grievance in this case, but I'm still worried that they're all more proffesional than me and will some how unstitch my case. I'm a nervous wreck!! I will be glad when this is over.

Thanks for listening to me rant on!
Hannah

OK darling - deep breaths, hold your head high and relax your shoulders.

Go into that meeting and keep calm - stick to the facts. Speak with confidence in a lower tone than normal - and more slowly than normal. When you're under pressure, you can start to gabble and your voice can get more shrill which can make you feel out of control (or is that just me? lol) so try to regulate that and your breathing.

Stick to the facts - your temp boss will be there to back you up as is your solicitor, so you're not alone, hun.

They are not more professional than you. They might be more hard-nosed or ruthless than you, but that's not professionalism.

Make notes of what is said, if you can - you might need them if there's a follow-up meeting.

Best of luck - now go get what's rightfully yours!!!

Keep us posted!

Hi JUST REMEMBER

YOUR IN THE RIGHT WHAT EVER THEY SAY AND!
PICTURE THEY'RE ALL NAKED THAT WILL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO FOCUS ON!!!:D
GOOD LUCK HUNNY
XXC

Good luck hunni.

x

WOOHOO!

Hi everybody

Thanks for all of your reassurance. I went in that meeting and as it turns out (because of all the research I'd done) I knew more than they did!

After about 5 minutes he appeared to get the gist of what I was trying to say, that I shouldn't lose money for taking a holiday! He at least understood the legal implication of that!

The war may not yet be won, but this battle is mine!!! <insert evil laughter here> I just feel so relieved now, and that maybe this will work out OK. I was prepared to leave this job (although it's been the best job I've ever had in my life), but looks like maybe now I won't have to.

Thanks in advance
Hannah

Back