O/T Something to aim for in September...

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
We have just been invited to a friend's 50th birthday party bash at our local pub 'The Lighthouse' on September 19th.....and I have said that we will go.

Now I am regretting it, I have never gone out because I am so ashamed of my size and clothes never look smart - my hubby usually goes and gives apologises for me saying that I am ill.

But, I have just sat here thinking about it and Sept 19th is maybe 6 weeks away, so if I can manage another stone by then (?) then maybe I won't look so bad - I can always sit a the back of the marquee and hide!!!

So this time I am going to go to this party - is it the right decision do you think or will I regret it?

I think you should do whatever feels right for you at the time. But, remember that you've made an effort to lose weight, and you should be really proud of yourself for what you have achieved so far. Just keep doing what you're doing and do it for you!

You shouldn't be ashamed, you are working hard to change and i think you should be proud of what you have achieved. I'm sure everyone will want you there, and you go and enjoy yourself. I think it's a good decision.

At the end of the day, it’s your life and your decision. If you’re not going to feel comfortable or happy, don’t put yourself through it.

BUT

We only get one life and I think a lot of people, for whatever reason, put life on hold until they’re slimmer, have nicer clothes or whatever else their body issue is. I realised I was not living for the now but for the future and I didn’t want to be that person anymore. As well as gaining weight, I have a bit of scar tissue on the top of my arm and always wear sleeved tops – but on holiday I braved shorts and sleeves shirts – at the same time!

I got to the point where I was fed up of hiding – so what if I am not perfect physically? I’m ME and I got fed up of feeling ashamed/shy/scared of being me.

You’re an amazing woman and have done really well so far – if you WANT to go out GO OUT. Treat self to a nice pair of jeans and sparkly top or something, have a few drinks and have fun.

Don’t stay in for any reason other than personal choice. People who judge you are not worth it sweetheart – nobody is perfect afterall. And whereas you can and will lose weight, they will always be sh*ts.

Do what is right for YOU and not OTHERS.

Hugs xxx

Oh Sticky you have made me LOL.....Jeans or even trouser's of any sort have not been near my legs in 25 years, you should see the size of my 'bottom' - the pigeons rest on it round here.

I have quite a few nice sparkly top's (still in the bag's because I chickened out of going out) and I can treat myself to a new skirt.....so I shall see a bit nearer the day.

I loved you post, thank you. X

Huni...look at what you have achieved so far!! Dont ever be ashamed of yourself.
As you have said yourself; its 6 weeks away and you should easily be able to loose 1 stone if you stick to the plan 100%.
Set this as a little mini target for yourself and treat your slimmer self to a new outfit when the time comes too!

xxxx

i understand donnie- ive now lost 2stone and went out at the weekend and i still look in the mirror and feel ginormous and as if everyone is looking at me(infact im not sure if i ever reach my target of being a size 12 i will ever feel comfortable) then on the other hand i think GOD i was 2 stone heavier than this!!!! DO WHAT YOU FEEL COMFY WITH!! on the other hand this could be a real treat for you because im sure people will see the difference and lighten your spirits- and RE- the trousers, cum on donnie im sure u wil get sum n feel gr8 in them( be such a supprise for your OH to see you in them also, DONT put yourself down you have done soooooo soooo well
all my huggs
laura xx

Back