O/T... well sort of..

Theresa6

Silver Member
What are you doing for fathers day??

Fathers day has yet again co-incided with hubbys birthday. I am cooking at home and as he loves black forest gateau I said I'd make one.... Watch this space, I've never done one of these before!!

Its been gorgeous here today and I got sunburnt at my sons GAA match so I am hoping that it will be lovely tomorrow and we will also go for a long walk.... He might need it as he is at the pub with mates and has been drinking since 3pm! He better not snore tonight!

whats GAA?

Hope your sun burn isnt to bad missus!!

Oooh good luck with the baking!!

Ill probably be spending fathers day with my Grandad :)

Ooops, GAA is Gaelic Athletic Association... Its used to cover Hurling, Gaelic football, Camogie and Rockban!! My son was playing football, a cup game but they lost, he was none too happy (he is only 11)! I spent 2 hours from 12-2 (whoops) enjoying the sun, didnt feel too hot as there was a decent breeze. My nose is a little red!! Ha ha ha... will change my name to Ruldolph!!

Lol ok Rudolph!

Lucky you, up north the weather wasnt great :( lol

awww bless... i used to hate losing!! lol!!

I second that, the weather was not so nice in the north! :( Lucky you getting the sun in Cork!

I'm cooking my dad steak and pepper sauce, haven't decided on dessert yet! :)

Irish Hobo x

I'm in Bessbrook, just outside Newry! :)
I'm actually from Dublin but lost my job due to recession and moved up north to live with my parents!

Where do u live?

Im from Bangor by the sea lol!

Oh dear sorry to hear that! Im sure your mum and dad love having you home though!

Do you miss Dublin? x

Yeah they do! To be honest I'm glad it happened as I'd never have lost four stone! So it was a blessing in disguise! :)
Only thing I miss are my friends, but I go down and see them regularly. I actually don't mind living up north, it's cheaper and I love the countryside!
Bangor is nice, I've been there a few times a long time ago! All I can remember is the big marina there!!! Lol!

Exactly it will up your confidence aswell :)

Do you drive down?

Its hard moving away from friends, but atleast in this day and age theres lots of transport so it isnt too far to go and see them!

Yep I used to live in wiltshire in England and i miss the countryside awfully! I loved going for long walks in the summers :)

Lol yup the marina is here and the swans lol!!

Its a nice town but its boring, never anything to do lol!!

taking me dad out to pub tonight gunna buy all his beers lol gunna be skint haha

ha ha ha Adam..... Hubby came home with a pocket full of 'pub change'. Think he has a bit of a sore head at the mo!!!

One thing about this diet is that I really dont miss hangovers!

Its great bing able to laugh at other people with hangovers :)

Yeah, sometimes drive, sometimes get the train, depends on where I'm going!!! lol!
Well there's nothing to do in Bessbrook, but walk if that makes u feel any better!!! :)
Wiltshire, where in England is that? North? South?

Its in South England, the nearest town was Sailsbury and the nearest City was Swindon, walking was the only thing too but it was beautiful!

We used to walk about 3 miles to this lake, go for a swim ( Charlie couldnt swim though and used to stand at the side and bark until one time he jumped in and nearly drown ) and then walk back!

Sounds heavenly to me! Like something outta an oldie English novel!!! lol!
Poor Charlie!!! I had to rescue one of my dogs in a swimming pool, poor thing was blind and accidently fell in! xx

Lol it was!!!

I would love to go and live in the old english times! i think it would be sooo cool!!

awww the poor little mite was it ok??

Yeah she was, just a little wet and shocked I'm sure!!!
That'd be cool! We could sit around like ladies in the garden and have tea and scones!!! Go for walks and read novels!!! Lol!!!

and be wooed by men like Mr Darcy :D
and get to wear them really cool dress and corsets that make you have a tiny waist and big bossoms!! lol

oh the life :) :D

Back