Oatbran crispbread

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
I've done it! Hooray. I'm munching on a crispy piece of crispbread as I type and I'm amazed I didn't try this before, and no doubt I'm re-posting what everyone else already knows about!

This makes 3 Days worth in CRUISE! For attack substitute more oatbran for the wheatbran and work out exactly how many pieces to cut it into (9 TB oatbran = 6 days = cut into 6 or 12 pieces)

For CRUISE

6 TB Oatbran
3 TB wheatbran
1/4 TS salt
250ml water

Preheat oven to 170C Fan

Mix all ingredients, it will be wet and not very cohesive. Possibly add a bit more water if it is too crumbly.

Spread out very thinly onto a large baking sheet lined with baking paper. This is the tricky bit, spend some time getting it very thin but evenly, without any gaps/holes (I use a flexible spatula and lots of patting). Try to neaten the edges and make it a square for ease of cutting.

Put in the oven for 15 mins, then take out and cut into even pieces - a pizza wheel is perfect for this. You won't be able to cut it later.

As this is 3 days worth I try to cut it into 6 or 12(preferable), so I know that 4 pieces contain my daily ration of 2Tb oat and 1Tb wheat. Making more pieces also allows you to balance uneven cutting by putting larger and smaller pieces into one day's ration...

Return to the oven for another 45 mins.

Cool on a wire rack.

CRUNCH!

Brilliant idea! And great as a lunch alternative, thanks

I'm gonna bring this recipe back to the top as some one mentioned it in another post!

I made pâté earlier so I will give these a try tomorrow!

Great idea! Crunch is few and far between. Wonder with cinnamon, sweetener, these might be cookie'ish. Bet they'd be great as a crumble, streusel topping for baked fruit or sprinkled on yogurt.

Have some in the oven right now! What an absolute Godsend you are Anjuschka xxx

Must try this recipe tomorrow, I took someone's advice on this site and bought some oatbran in Holland & Barrett today. Much finer than the 'Flahavans' I was previously using. Might even re-try making muffins!!!!

this looks tasty, though it does use a lot of allowance up. worth it for having in bag when in need.

Back