Oatbran QUERY...

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Dukan says 2 x tablespoons oatbran in Cruise (1.5 in Attack). He says each tablespoon weighs 15g.

I just weighed mine - he's not far out as my 2 x equal 28g.

Someone else here, however, has found that her 2 x tablespoons of Mornflake equal only 10g...

What do yours weigh?
(and if anyone reading is being coached, can you post the question on the official site and get an answer please?)... is it tablespoon size variations, I wonder? heaped or level variations but surely not to that extent...

Answers here!

Ok, I have here my 15ml measuring spoons, and also my normal big tablespoons which look bigger but have a shallower profile:

level both 15ml spoons types are 10g
gently heaped 15ml measuring spoon ~15g
gently heaped 15ml table spoon: ~18g

And I have to say I have been using heaped tablespoons all along!

Can't say what brand my oatbran is (comes from Daily Bread who weigh it out from bigger sacks), but it looks and feels the same as the Mornflake I had at the very beginning.

I never weighed mine and don't have very accurate scales (so no point in weighing!) but I took my (large) tbs to equate to 15 gr as they hold 15 ml of water, so I've been counting 30 gr (when doing my fitness pal).

The wheatbran weighs a lot less though (again, no idea how much).

Ok, I have here my 15ml measuring spoons, and also my normal big tablespoons which look bigger but have a shallower profile:

level both 15ml spoons types are 10g
gently heaped 15ml measuring spoon ~15g
gently heaped 15ml table spoon: ~18g

And I have to say I have been using heaped tablespoons all along!

Can't say what brand my oatbran is (comes from Daily Bread who weigh it out from bigger sacks), but it looks and feels the same as the Mornflake I had at the very beginning.

Yes, I've used my 15ml measuring spoon as well as my "normal" tablespoon. So at least I'm pretty sure that the quantity must be right.

Wonder if it's my weighing scales that are wrong, then? They're digital, but I've had them for several years. Maybe they're not working so well now?

No reason for you to worry, DD, cos you're on Conso and you've lost your weight...

Strange though.

I've always heaped too, figuring we don't "keep" the oatbran (and over here it's soupspoons rather than tablespoons and my soupspoons are FAR smaller than my humungous tablespoon, so I doubt either are standard issue!).

I like this brain teasers!

mmm I feel as though I am diddling myself now! I always use my tbspn (15ml) measuring spoon and have it dead level. I have just weighed 2 tbspns and it came out at 16g! Maybe I should be having another couple! No wonder everyone else's muffins always look bigger than mine (sufferring from muffin envy!)

You don't separate your eggs, I don't think... and whisk your whites... and put baking powder in... But yes, I've seen it written several times re weight.

Yes I do deliberately skip the baking powder. I didn't used to whisk at all but now I whisk the whole egg and it really makes a difference. Ir eally enjoy them - I missed them on Atkins. It's just nice to have a bit of cake. I think I might try sticking in an extra spoonful!

Back