obese people on the news

Don't know if I'd go as far as saying an addictive personality is down to a lack of discipline ...

loads of people who DON'T have addictive personalities rarely exercise conscious discipline in the face of food / alcohol - I don't ever remember my husband saying 'I musn't eat that pizza - I mustn't eat that pizza' - he either eats it or he doesn't - no 'discipline' involved at all.

The difference between him and I is that he doesn't attach any emotional significance to eating. No strong overwhelming desire to eat (even when not hungry), no cravings and no guilt trip afterwards.

Yes and his genes may not have the same tendancy to gain weight more easily than some!

I don't believe my weight is too high because I am some kind of undisciplined greedy pig. I don't binge. I am not massively over weight. I do put on weight very much more easily than my slim sister - who is well known for never going more than an hour without a biscuit or similar.

I don't like the way this thread has turned. I liked how it started out but it now seems to have turned into an opportunity for the 'controlled' minority to have a pop as the undisciplined 'majority'.

Not a game I wish to play in.

Hey guys, c'mon this is a weight loss SUPPORT forum. Each and every one of us wouldn't be here if we didn't need to lose weight. Don't let comments get in the way of the bigger picture. We are/were overweight, but we ARE/HAVE doing/done something about it. That is what REALLY matters xxx

Back