Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hi Gem Good Luck with this
In my diary i did the same thing and I would do it again now if necessary.

My first 2 stone came off with mid week wieghins as well, ( no scales at home that year) i liked to know if by mid week I had a done damage or aided my cause. Then i could assess what id done easier as im rubbish at monitoring a day let alone 7!

Its a good way of noting we are on the right track, its when the wieghing becomes obsesive...it drives me potty so i have to be strict with myself

Good news your on track have hope tomorrow goes as well and 1lb 4oz off :D:D Bonuse :)

Thanks LFM
I know it's almost micro management but I was so convinced I was holding water at the weekend and guess what....another 1.6 lbs off this morning so now I'm sure that's what it was! Weighed in at 15 11.6 today ...yey!

Breakfast : 2x weetabix , semi skimmed milk 500 ml water
Snack: banana 500ml water
Lunch : ham and salad wrap, yoghurt, apple, pineapple, 500 ml water
Snack: tesco hazelnut munch bar 500ml water
Dinner: 2egg omelette with onion, mushroom and lighter cheddar, salad and new potatoes 500 ml water
Evening: cup of tea, 500 ml water

Exercise: 35 minute brisk walk
Biggest loser game: 30 mins

Mini target: 15 7 by 19 June and my race for lives! ( I'm doing two on one day! )

Got to take car to work today as I've got an appointment this afternoon...grrr but now I have the game I know I can get some extra moves in and not worry so much about missing out.
Back to cycling tomorrow.

Gem x

Gemsaic said:
Thanks LFM
I know it's almost micro management but I was so convinced I was holding water at the weekend and guess what....another 1.6 lbs off this morning so now I'm sure that's what it was! Weighed in at 15 11.6 today ...yey!

Breakfast : 2x weetabix , semi skimmed milk 500 ml water
Snack: banana 500ml water
Lunch : ham and salad wrap, yoghurt, apple, pineapple, 500 ml water
Snack: tesco hazelnut munch bar 500ml water
Dinner: 2egg omelette with onion, mushroom and lighter cheddar, salad and new potatoes 500 ml water
Evening: cup of tea, 500 ml water

Exercise: 35 minute brisk walk
Biggest loser game: 30 mins

Mini target: 15 7 by 19 June and my race for lives! ( I'm doing two on one day! )

Got to take car to work today as I've got an appointment this afternoon...grrr but now I have the game I know I can get some extra moves in and not worry so much about missing out.
Back to cycling tomorrow.

Gem x

Hi

Well all went to plan until I got home and we had fish and chips for dinner!

However we usually do once a week so it will be interesting to see what happens on the scales tomorrow, probably a gain but that's fine...this in an experiment to see how food affects my body over a week.

I woke up full of energy and once I'd parked the car at work I went for a very brisk 40 minute walk with my iPod around the park and was still sat at my desk at 8.15 am!
I then had another walk at lunchtime so exercise very good..and I've felt energised all day.

Total cals eaten 2050 (approximate allowing 1400 for the fish and chips)
Total exercise cals : 500... Approximate 100 cals over target but I've been well under the rest of the week so should be fine!
Have a lovely evening folks
Gem x

Well done on managing to find time for the walking today, no wonder you were feeling energized! There is definately something in what you say, i didn't walk today, felt tired, and this evening, I've no energy whatsoever AND I came on here to stop me raiding the fridge, feel so hungry tonight.
Anyway, i might have some cereal or something before bed, if the craving doesn't go away :rolleyes:
Bet the fish and chips were scrummy ;)
Don't worry you've been so active today, that wee treat won't do much harm, if any!

Good luck :)

RainbowRose said:
Well done on managing to find time for the walking today, no wonder you were feeling energized! There is definately something in what you say, i didn't walk today, felt tired, and this evening, I've no energy whatsoever AND I came on here to stop me raiding the fridge, feel so hungry tonight.
Anyway, i might have some cereal or something before bed, if the craving doesn't go away :rolleyes:
Bet the fish and chips were scrummy ;)
Don't worry you've been so active today, that wee treat won't do much harm, if any!

Good luck :)

We all get low days RR and we have to listen to our bodies to some degree..I had a personal trainer a few years ago and he said to me, you will get days when you don't want to train...get up and do something but just take it easier. Rest days are also important for the body to repair so not to worry chick, have an extra bowl of cereal and enjoy it...you shouldn't be hungry x

Hi peeps
Well amazing result... 0.6 lbs off again! This micro management seems to be working!

15 11 dead this morning! I can see how you can get addicted to the scales! Both hubby and I agree we stop this on Monday and go back to weekly weigh ins. This could easily get obsessive and it will be interesting how react tomorrow if the fish and chips catch up to me! I do, however think, this is making me keep on the straight and narrow more and I have stepped up the exercise I suppose!

Breakfast; 2x weetabix, semi skimmed milk, water
Snack : banana and water, cup of tea
Lunch: ham salad wrap, packet of crisps ( saltless) , yoghurt, apple, water
Snack pineapple and tescos munch bar, water
Dinner: jacket potato, lighter choice baked beans and 1 oz lighter cheddar cheese
evening: cup of tea, water

Exercise: 11 miles cycling
35 min brisk walk

I had 4 separate comments yesterday on how well I was looking and how much I've shrunk...my clothes are getting baggy again...gawd this is getting expensive! I'm going clothes shopping with a friend on Saturday. It's a lovely feeling but vaguely scary too...men are starting to pay me attention again and I have major issues with this....it's one of the reasons I put weight on in the first place. ( very nasty experience when I was 16).
I have to remember I'm doing this for me this time and just ignore them. I love my hubby utterly and want him to be proud to walk down the road with me.

Have a lovely day peeps!

Gem x

Hi Gem
You are doing so well it is really inspiring! Lovely day in Poole today shame I spend so much time in an office! Have a great day! Jane x

Doing good Gem, doing good!

Just you enjoy the new you and new clothes, hubby is already bursting with pride I bet, try to put bad experience as far back in your mind as poss....and concentrate on your new look and stunning appearance!
You are doing what you set your mind to do, you've made it possible and I applaud you :)

have a good day, and enjoy weekly weigh ins from next week...the longer the wait the bigger the result :) :) :)

jayde1148 said:
Hi Gem
You are doing so well it is really inspiring! Lovely day in Poole today shame I spend so much time in an office! Have a great day! Jane x

Know the feeling jayde I work in an office too but always make the effort to get out at lunchtime, how you doing?
Gem x

RainbowRose said:
Doing good Gem, doing good!

Just you enjoy the new you and new clothes, hubby is already bursting with pride I bet, try to put bad experience as far back in your mind as poss....and concentrate on your new look and stunning appearance!
You are doing what you set your mind to do, you've made it possible and I applaud you :)

have a good day, and enjoy weekly weigh ins from next week...the longer the wait the bigger the result :) :) :)

Thanks RR He is and he often tells me so lol

Gemsaic said:
Hi peeps
Well amazing result... 0.6 lbs off again! This micro management seems to be working!

15 11 dead this morning! I can see how you can get addicted to the scales! Both hubby and I agree we stop this on Monday and go back to weekly weigh ins. This could easily get obsessive and it will be interesting how react tomorrow if the fish and chips catch up to me! I do, however think, this is making me keep on the straight and narrow more and I have stepped up the exercise I suppose!

Breakfast; 2x weetabix, semi skimmed milk, water
Snack : banana and water, cup of tea
Lunch: ham salad wrap, packet of crisps ( saltless) , yoghurt, apple, water
Snack pineapple and tescos munch bar, water
Dinner: jacket potato, lighter choice baked beans and 1 oz lighter cheddar cheese
evening: cup of tea, water

Exercise: 11 miles cycling
35 min brisk walk

I had 4 separate comments yesterday on how well I was looking and how much I've shrunk...my clothes are getting baggy again...gawd this is getting expensive! I'm going clothes shopping with a friend on Saturday. It's a lovely feeling but vaguely scary too...men are starting to pay me attention again and I have major issues with this....it's one of the reasons I put weight on in the first place. ( very nasty experience when I was 16).
I have to remember I'm doing this for me this time and just ignore them. I love my hubby utterly and want him to be proud to walk down the road with me.

Have a lovely day peeps!

Gem x

Stuck to plan today, no deviations but I feel very bloated tonight like I've swallowed a horse lol maybe it's those fish and chips come back to haunt me? Who knows! At least I know it's not what I've done today!

Total cals eaten 1445
Exercise cals earned 545

Have a lovely evening peeps
Gem x

Hope bloated sensation eases soon :) Probably water retention or something like that...or your tummy is getting smaller remember...maybe its the shrunk tummy syndrome, if there is such a thing? ;)

At least, you are more likely to be looking like Dawn in your new svelte shape than me...i better get extra motivated or I'll be told I look like Dawn French used to look!!!! :eek: in the olden days :)

She has given me inspiration though.

Sleep well :)

Morning folks!

15. 10.6 today....more off!

Breakfast 2x weetabix
Snack : pineapple and cherry tomatoes
Lunch: small ham salad sandwich , yoghurt, apple, pineapple,
Snack tescos munch bar
Dinner quorn escalopes and salad, new potatoes
Evening: cup of tea

All topped off with lashings and lashings of water!

Exercise: 2x 30 minute brisk walks

Have a good day peeps!
Gem x

RainbowRose said:
Hope bloated sensation eases soon :) Probably water retention or something like that...or your tummy is getting smaller remember...maybe its the shrunk tummy syndrome, if there is such a thing? ;)

At least, you are more likely to be looking like Dawn in your new svelte shape than me...i better get extra motivated or I'll be told I look like Dawn French used to look!!!! :eek: in the olden days :)

She has given me inspiration though.

Sleep well :)

I have never heard of shrunk tummy syndrome...lol
You are doing just fine Rose...you are loosing well and will be catching up with me very soon!
Gem x

I have never heard of shrunk tummy syndrome...lol
You are doing just fine Rose...you are loosing well and will be catching up with me very soon!
Gem x

Ha ha me neither...but think there should be a name for shrinking tummies :D

More OFF..good grief woman, very well done..careful you don't slip down the plughole in the shower. You are doing fab Gem....isn't it the greatest feeling!

Have a lovely weekend :)

Gemsaic said:
Morning folks!

15. 10.6 today....more off!

Breakfast 2x weetabix
Snack : pineapple and cherry tomatoes
Lunch: small ham salad sandwich , yoghurt, apple, pineapple,
Snack tescos munch bar
Dinner quorn escalopes and salad, new potatoes
Evening: cup of tea

All topped off with lashings and lashings of water!

Exercise: 2x 30 minute brisk walks

Have a good day peeps!
Gem x

Stuck to plan except mushroom burger I stead of quorn escalopes for dinner

Calories eaten 1233, calories earned 330....
Might have a little treat tonight of a weight watchers dessert. Think I deserve it!

Food shopping all done after work and I finally sat down at 7.15pm...been on the go for over 13 hours and I'm shattered!

Looking forward to going clothes shopping tomorrow....oooo and I don't know if you remember my rant about black trousers?! Well the tight magi fit ones size 20 now fit and are very comfy too! They should do me for a few weeks the way I'm going!

Have a good weekend guys!
Gem x

Good morning folks!

Up bright and early weighing in at 15. 10.2 lbs.....another 0.4 off!

I don't usually plan food at the weekend so will write what I've eaten later.....starting with a cup of coffee....but ihave cut down my sugar intake in coffee recently to one instead of two as I'm losing my sweet tooth. I don't like using sweeteners.

Reflecting on what I've learned this week. Priorities to keep me on track :

Record everything
Do some exercise every day and vary it
Drink 3-4 litres of water per day
Have a food plan to stick to when busy

Sounds too easy doesn't it? It works!

So there we go, 2 more days of the experiment to go and it's the difficult two days where the structure of the working week has fallen away and I'm left to my own devices! This should be interesting!

This morning my hubby ( who is also shrinking) donated his old pj bottoms to me and they comfortably fit! at least I don't need to buy any more of them today!

Hope everyone has a lovely Saturday
Gem x

Have a lovely shoping trip today Gem.and smile around all those shops and pretty clothes. I hope you treat yourself and that shrinking body to a nice outfit ot two. Well done of losing even more..go girl!!!!

As hubby has donated his pj bottoms to you, why not treat 'him'....by buying yourself some nice new, smaller sized, sexy (in a romantic way!) undies!!!!! :)

Hope you treated yourself to that ww dessert last night, you defintely deserved it!

Happy weekend Gem :)

Back