Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Well done Gem it is great to read how well you are doing! I can't wait to catch up with you! Hope the rain stops soon here x

Has shopped out castle point today and spent money in next, top shop, asda, monsoon ( yes again!) and m&s! It's amazing! There's so much choice when you reach an 18!!!

I'm going for a much more Girly look for the summer and I can't wait to wear it all :0).... I NEVER thought I would enjoy shopping so much!

Gem x

Gemsaic said:
Has shopped out castle point today and spent money in next, top shop, asda, monsoon ( yes again!) and m&s! It's amazing! There's so much choice when you reach an 18!!!

I'm going for a much more Girly look for the summer and I can't wait to wear it all :0).... I NEVER thought I would enjoy shopping so much!

Gem x

So exciting I can't wait to do that especially monsoon! X

jayde1148 said:
So exciting I can't wait to do that especially monsoon! X

You soon will be, They have such lovely stuff in there....I just love it! Also love per una in m& s ...so pretty! I am still in shock Jayde! Lol

Breakfast today : weetabix and skimmed milk 500 ml water
Lunch: cheese and onion toasted sandwich and skinny mocha frappe in thorntons cafe..and one chocolate
Snack: packet of crisps, 2 belvita biscuits, cup of tea, 500 ml water
Dinner: large chicken shish kebab...yum! 500 ml water

Exercise: 4 hours of slow walking!

Cals in 1524 exercise 998 cals!!

Absolutely stuffed now, silly girl, should of had a medium kebab! But hey, will be interesting to see whether spending the cals on different types of food to my normal weekly stuff has an effect on my weight tomorrow!

Just watching the grand prix qualifying in Canada....go go Button!

Have a lovely evening folks
Gem x

RainbowRose said:
Have a lovely shoping trip today Gem.and smile around all those shops and pretty clothes. I hope you treat yourself and that shrinking body to a nice outfit ot two. Well done of losing even more..go girl!!!!

As hubby has donated his pj bottoms to you, why not treat 'him'....by buying yourself some nice new, smaller sized, sexy (in a romantic way!) undies!!!!! :)

Hope you treated yourself to that ww dessert last night, you defintely deserved it!

Happy weekend Gem :)

Hi Rose

I had a wonderful time! (big smile) .... I will get some undies for his birthday lol that's not until nov so hopefully will be a 16 or even ( dare I say it?!) a 14 by then!

I did have my dessert and thoroughly enjoyed it...the frozen ones are really nice!

Off to see how everyones doing....
Gem x

Good morning folks!
A predictable leap up this morning to 15st 11.6....so an increase of 1.4 lbs....just goes to show, no fruit and veg, stodgier food and less water serves to bung a girl up!
I'm absolutely fine with this, means my body is reacting just as I expected and ive still lost well this week. As long as the input of cals is less than the output it doesn't do any long term damage and I don't want to avoid any foods ( unless I really don't like them!) just learn how to integrate them successfully into my lifestyle in a proportionate way.

It's a miserable day weather wise so will be doing the biggest loser game today....and maybe some wii fit!

Breakfast: cup of tea - still Full from last night!
Lunch: sausage casserole, mashed potato , broccoli and cauliflower
Dinner: yet to decided but something light...probably houmous and tomato on wholemeal toast.

I also had a packet of strawberry and White chocolate popcorn last night ( if you haven't tried this it's gorgeous! It's in snack size bag for 115 cals and a real treat! From marks and Spencer ) and I had a snack galaxy bar.... Three little pieces of heaven

Have a lovely day peeps
Gem x

Good morning Gem
how interesting your findings are, and it has shown me just how important it will be for me to include fruit and veg every day. As you rightly say, everything in moderation is okay, and I must say your menu yesterday sounded so yummy!!!!! :) Its also good for me to 'know' that when I reach your size, I can have a treat or two now and then and still be good 80% of the time :)

Shopping trip sounded so much fun, it must be lovely to pick size 18's from the rails and have so much choice of shops to visit, knowing they stock your size, what fab inspiration you are!
You'll definately be slipping into 14's come your hubby's birthday :)

Enjoy your Sunday, sorry to hear you've got the rubbish weather today, it must have missed us this time, the sun is actually coming out!

Morning Gem
Hope you are feeling fine and how lovely it was for you to go on a nice shopping spree. A size 18 definately opens more doors and the overdraft facility :D
It's a lovely feeling but vaguely scary too...men are starting to pay me attention again and I have major issues with this....it's one of the reasons I put weight on in the first place. ( very nasty experience when I was 16).
I have to remember I'm doing this for me this time and just ignore them.

I can so relate to this, and although its lovely to look nice, dress nice and feel good
I feel like im hunted:(, I know before i go out that im going to have advances and I tell any person within the first few sentences...if your chatting me up, you may want to spend your time else where as i truly am not looking.

I love all shops as long as they sell what i want ;) and it is so nice not have to go into evans or Bon |marchie.

I walked into Evans as soon as i got off the bus the otherday:rolleyes:.

It worrys me thou as now more shops more choice....need more money:eek:.
Im holding out as much as possible untill i get to where i want to be.

Thou I have to admit, i feel that the clothes shopping spree is so essential for anyone losing wieght. Its the treat of all treats, its a colourfull break from the norm thats in the wardrobe..the reminders of repression.

If you can do it ladies and Gents then get it done.....out with the old and in with the new be it charity shop or Harvey Nicholes. Get it done ;)

Glad your Micro management worked, its a great lift to see how your body is reacting and talking to you.

Your doing realy well, and wow for teh calories off per day :eek: You GO GIRL lol xx

Thanks for your comments and support LFM x

Monday weigh in.....15 12.2...yes up again! And that my friends is why you don't weigh in every day! I have still lost 2.4 lbs since last monday which is great and I'm very happy with.

I can honestly say my calories have not exceeded my targets so I know it's not what I'm doing it's just the way my body reacts to a different food choice at the weekends. Anyway back to work today. Just trying to decide if I cycle as is very murky and damp here again.

And just a quick mention well done Jenson button!!!! Fab driving!

Have a great week everyone!

Gem x

Hi Gem
yes, this healthy eating is a real learning curve isn't it? You are doing so well and you've lost the 2.4 from last week, which is great news! Are you going to weigh in weekly now?

Hope it brightens up down your way, think I've pinched the sun today :)

Have a nice day and keep that positive attitude!

Hi RR

Yes back to weekly weigh ins.....went mad yesterday and had fish and chips again! Was so tired when I got home from work ... I did cycle and have a long walk at lunchtime so not all is lost.

But the sun is shining away today and I'm planning on walking loads......as I'm working from 2 centres today.

I'm going to wear my monsoon skirt today! That should give me a boost! Have a lovely day peeps
Gem x

Hi RR and peeps

I certainly did enjoy wearing my new clothes and felt great!

I have been really slogged out the last couple of days...don't know why, just feel achy and tired, bit of a sore throat and had ear ache on Sunday...guess I might be fighting something off! Still walked home yesterday and food intake was within cals.

Got to start preparing for Sunday's two races for life...just keep fingers and toes crossed that the weather is better than last weekend! Having a quieter day today, working locally and although I'm starting early I can finish early too which is nice!

Have a lovely day peeps

Gem x

Morning Gem
You and me both mate :rolleyes:
Im so hungry all the time now and its because ive given in to a desire one to many times.

I dont need the chips or the breakfast as ive done 4 months without it....so what my body is going on about i have no idea! but it needs to stop and sort its act out, because im not having any of this ooooohhh i need that behaviour anymore.

Im substiuting with cashew nuts for today and tomorrow and now my heads clearer will restock cupboards properley.

It must be hard with commitments Gem and you have done so very well to date. The wieghing every day i found gave me the wrong idea. I subconciously thought well i'm keeping an eye on it, but what i was telling my self is " i wieghed this morning, so i know i have enough chance to eat that" and that has been this week....in the past it wasnt so harmfull so it shows there are lots of mental issues with wieghing daily.

I started monitering my self this past week as i was feeling not right and snacking.

So its back to the Monday and the excitment of the results with anticipation. With absolutely no need to be worried, as if its done right we have already proved it works;) and works damn well.

Bad food makes us all tierd hun then we snowball into the easy food for our exhaustion and so on and so on.

Its sooooo much easier not to do this, but i was sooooo much happier when i was and i can't wait to get that freedom of my subconciouse back. Im sure you can to, we havent gone far from the station we can soon get back for the next train;)

How fab Races for life! brave lady:D. So you will be very active me thinks :)
XXXXXXX

Last edited:
Hey Gem
Hope you are doing ok, ive been through crisis afetr crisis this past week!. I think the thing thats leading me back to the better path is being back here. So dont stray to far hun.... i may have to come lookingfor you lol:D:D:D XX

A very sheepish good morning!.....
....I was so tired yesterday after the races on Sunday I couldn't be bothered to weigh in or do much of anything apart from bumble through work!

Weighed in this morning....0.4 lbs on....a very small miracle I can tell you! I actually had a food binge last week and I haven't done that for a very long time. It scared me that I would be back to my old ways and then I just went into this cloud of not caring and eating huge bars chocolate like there is no tomorrow!

The only thing that's saved a huge weight gain is the 2 5k races on Sunday. The first one I completed in 51 mins. Not my best time but not too bad considering walking into a very strong headwind all the way back! The second race I did with my colleague and her one year old daughter o walked the last 500 metres so we were over an hour but it was A good walk all the same! We have so far raised £376 so am well chuffed!

I have been trying to work out why I binged....I think it was because I went without any treats the week before and was very strict. I focused on loosing loads rather than keeping my balance...and it doesn't work for me. I need to feel this is not a punishment but a way of life so it's back to plodding for me. I am going to walk at lunchtime today as I'm still sore from Sunday. I'm going to raise my water intake and just stick to my calories for the day...see how I feel.

Thanks for the support guys...well done on the losses and I'll be back properly when I can wake up!

Gem x

Hi Gem
well done on your race(s) for life! that's great achievement, and despite feeling a bit sore, I bet you feel pretty proud too :)

That tiny gain will be off next weigh in, you've got the right attitude, its a way of life now..and now a diet!..just like me :) Have a good day, hope you manage a wee walk..its pouring here, so IF i venture out, it will be a wellies and brolly walk today!

Back