Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hi gem, yes a loss is a loss..and proves you are on your way again..this time straight to slimville :) Love the pre planning, shopping, meals etc..way to go! :) Have a great week!

Thanks guys! well ive been cooking a lot today.....

breakfast - weetabix and ss milk
lunch - homemade lentil and carrot soup with one wholemeal roll and one small banana and apple homemade low fat muffin
dinner - homemade fish pie with brocolli and baked courgettes

water - one bottle plus 3 glasses so far and a herbal tea

total calories 1288....and im stuffed!

I have also have a low cooked chilli con carne bubbling away for stocking up the freezer, my fave comfort food!

going to Maiden Castle for a walk tomorrow, have a lovely evening x

Arghhhhhh I am being taunted by a boredom cravings for chips! Plans all scuppered today as hubby is unwell...so I'm a little frustrated and daytime tv is boring. I went to the shops earlier and drove past the chippy...it took all my willpower not to go in but I did it...phew!

I came home to find out I have an interview on 21 Sept for a rather huge temp promotion at work so if that doesn't give me something to work towards...nothing will!

I will throw myself into designing my new hallway mirror this afternoon and try and keep away from Fred and the urges!

Update later...

4lb loss thats awsome? or is o.4 ...4oz? im lost 4lb is a jaw drop of omg.
whta ever it is hun its downwards lol XX

Well done on driving straight past the chippy, your willpower is at an all time high :) Good luck with the interview and designing your mirror..have a great day..and if you go out for a drive today, head off in the opposite direction of the chippy! ;)

Had a really lovely day yesterday, explored cerne abbas with a 5 mile hike across the countryside and then visited my aunt and uncle in the afternoon.

Up early today to take hubby to work but I am going to pick him up on foot later which will be a 6 mile walk round trip.

I haven't been logging my food but I'm off caffeine and had very minimal sugar. I feel great so know I'm back on the right path.

Off to do some more cooking and crafting ...oh and tomorrow I'm off to the hairdressers for a shorter more professional cut...bit nervous about it but feel I need a change

Have a lovely day x

Good on you with the walking Gem, wish i was doing more with this brighter weather but deep in furniture moving at the mo:rolleyes:.

Miles is a good distance for a work out, ive been running a bit as you know and totaly amazed at how diferent exercises react with different muscles. i thought running was one of the top ones for a good work out, but since parking my bike up and not riding for about 5 weeks, my belly is out again. So i cant wait to get back on it ( miss it plenty) and next week is my firing Gun.

That feeling of cleaning out the system of caffine an junk is so awsome, and the acknowledgement of the spring in your step, makes me want to jump about lol

Well done you found your path again, we all seem to get stressed when we vear off it, and its usually from mingling with people outside of your set programme, but we all have been here along time now....i think we have homing devices:D

Have a lovely day catch you later XX

lookingforme said:
Good on you with the walking Gem, wish i was doing more with this brighter weather but deep in furniture moving at the mo:rolleyes:.

Miles is a good distance for a work out, ive been running a bit as you know and totaly amazed at how diferent exercises react with different muscles. i thought running was one of the top ones for a good work out, but since parking my bike up and not riding for about 5 weeks, my belly is out again. So i cant wait to get back on it ( miss it plenty) and next week is my firing Gun.

That feeling of cleaning out the system of caffine an junk is so awsome, and the acknowledgement of the spring in your step, makes me want to jump about lol

Well done you found your path again, we all seem to get stressed when we vear off it, and its usually from mingling with people outside of your set programme, but we all have been here along time now....i think we have homing devices:D

Have a lovely day catch you later XX

I agree....my stomach isn't as flat without the cycling so I'm back to it next week too :0)

I think I might have about half of it cut off, although I may get cold feet! Lol

RainbowRose said:
Hi Gem, i'm impressed with your walking plan for today, well done you! :)
Oooh an exciting new hairstyle..enjoy!

Thanks Rose...I just wanna get out in the sunshine for a while and this gives me somewhere to go! I can walk for miles with company but only like walking on my own if I have a purpose to it...silly I know!

Is it ok to ask? Will the 6 mile walk be a big deal to you? Will you be knackered? and how long have you been hiking for?

Hope you like the new hairstyle too :)
cheers
x

6 miles makes me feel like I have exercised but it doesn't knacker me out. It just gives me more energy and a feeling of well being.

I started hiking last summer and it has been sporadic because of work but we both want to do more as it gets easier. 13 miles across Portland last week was pushing it though!

Weigh in ... Back in the 15's at 15st 13.2 lbs....lost 2.2 lbs this week. Determined to stay in the 15's this time!
Back to work today (sob)... Dreading it but there we go!
Have a great day peeps! Will get on to update my latest activities later
Gem x

wooohooo fantastic news..and now firmly on that road to success Gem :)

boo to starting back at work though...the first hour will be the worst! :).... just dream of your next holiday :eek:...have a great day anyway :)

Thanks guys :0)

Been a good girl today, and everyone commented on how well I look...Trimmer after all the walking and the new haircut combined so all good stuff! Very very busy again today, with a nine and half hour day under my belt I still had the energy to cook tonight, albeit a salad, new potatoes and a grilled mushroom burger... at least I didn't resort to the usual takeaway! Yay!
Only downside, I didn't cycle today as legs very sore from an eight mile hike yesterday....we got lost and did double the miles we set out to do! I was stung by nettles, crossed fields full of sheep and cows, climbed over styles and fences and traipsed through loads of mud! The funniest thing was rolling under a fence Indiana jones style....I was aching so much last night I couldn't sleep even with a nytol! but it really was great fun and I'm looking forward to more weekend hikes over the coming months weather allowing. with that and the cycling I'm a happy bunny!

I have hiked over 40 miles in total the last two weeks over some pretty rough terrain, would recommend it to anyone for a great feeling of wellbeing :0)

Working locally tomorrow so only a short walk required...but I might just walk back the long way round if I finish early enough, if not I will break out the biggest loser game in the evening.

Keep smiling peeps!

Back