Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

well done hun x you will be surprised what you'll lose between now and xmas, especially when you in the zone! Unfortunately, here seems to be no room in the zone for me...pausing the scales until after xmas now!!!
Have a great week ahead :)

Welldone Gem!! your sooo in the zone again and that wieght loss is do-able for xmas especailly with your mind set.

You and Rose are amazing ambassedors for what this is all about.

How you see something and make it happen very enviouse indeed.:D:D

ID love to be back into the range i was when i lost track i wanted the 12st 6lb and i was about a lb away!! and now im always hovering in the 12st 8 to 12st 12 area.

I have no right to complain ive done nothing to help it go yet:cry:.

I can feel the switch lurking in the shadows...i know you know what i mean;) lol. So im waiting with my fishing rod and im catching that big fish and going to ride with it in the not to distant future. :)

It will be a year february that i started and i will have further results by then :).

Once i get my first major loss i know i will have that wiff of sucsess and be well on it again.

Keep up the good work mate and reap your well earn't rewards .:D:D:D

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! 2.5 lbs back on "deep sigh" ....it's Been difficult the last few days but back into it tomorrow and it will disappear I'm sure!

I blame cheese straws!
Gem

OMG cheese straws lush but sooo deadly! yeap efo the culprit lol.

Your doing ok thou hun still wieghed , still logged in, once your in here theres no return lol.

That will vanish in no time, you know it ;) XX

Hi Gem
Hope your doing ok, im starting to think along the lines that your jurney has taken you and wether its worth breaking down my effforts into sections, i feel ive failed myself in the past 3 months which is stupid i know as ive lost 4 stone over 3 years.

So i think its the point of grabbing that rope again and making the jump that im finding hard. i need the strength to say no to people around me.

Did the seperat chapters help you in that way.

So maybe its bed toime for this past yeas efforts and hello 2012.

hope your doing ok. xx

Hi LFM !

I'm okay, haven't been brilliant, half a pound off on Monday and not even gonna bother weigh in again until after Xmas now.
I'm determined jan I'm just gonna get back on with it straight away on return to work on 3rd......the stages helps me to think I'm just having a rest rather than saying I've failed, might as well eat what I want....if that makes sense! I can so easily gain weight it's scary!

This hasn't really been a great loss year for me But I'm still smaller than I was last Xmas and that's gotta be good! I'm also really ready to get some more off but this time of year it's so difficult! However I've plans for keeping the cals low and doing some exercise to limit damage and at this time in 2012 I will be lighter again. I'm going to set myself a time ...probably until my birthday in late May to loose more weight and then try to maintain that loss for the rest of the year.

So my dear...wanna join in the 2012 plan? X

Defo Gem
I have a deadline in Feb too which was the date i joined, id like to kick ass esp through January into feb as thats also a whole year.

Im hoping xmas wont be to bad i havent a bigfamily and will porbably binge over 3 days. Eve, xmas and box day.

Im a bit more active again now so crossed damage wont be to bad.

its the buzz of the high loss, once i get a nice 3lb reading im sure i will pick up again its just getting the motivation to get that.

Im still realy looking forward to it which makes the not doing it even more confusing? but at least I know its there like butterflies of excitement...so againi definately know its on is way...odd how our bodiesknow something for sure before we do conciously

Also We know its not impossible thats the main thing, like many here we've proved that.

Another note is When i was logging in everyday with out fail and updating foods eaten and exercise it was great to share the achievement too, si would shred then post i think its a step that when missed has a great impact so will be looking at that again too.

I'll be poping back in soon hopefully before MondayXX

I've weighed in knowing I've not been great and I'm 16 st 4.2 lbs.....it's over what I wanted to be but if I Dante clamped down for a couple of weeks after my holiday I would be back up to over 17 stone so I'm not too unhappy!
Want to wish everyone here a fabulous festive break and I'll meet you back here Monday jan 2nd for weigh in X

Three days of relative normality ensue ...thank gawd! A bit of a breather..

Positives...I just can't eat the quantities I used to! Been keeping to one meal a day and grazing....we went for a 90 minute walk along the seafront on boxing day. I gave away a load of sweets on boxing day to my sons half brother and family....I NEVER give away chocolates but I did this year! We had cold ham and salads for one meal which I loved! I was going to make a chocolate log but haven't , it's still on the cards for new year but Only if we are down to virtually nothing left.

Negatives ... Too much of everything, can't believe I still bought so much! So silly when we don't need it! I must get into planning meals more. Acid indigestion from eating too much too late at night and feel bloated and jeans are now tight again :0( I have to use the car for work for the next three days as the bus service is unreliable and more sporadic.

Anywho.... I am so looking forward to getting back into loosing weight. I've thought about the times when I'm successful and sadly it means I have to weigh and measure everything and record it. This is laborious but I need to do it to loose and the sooner I face up to that the better...so I'm going to buy 6 months membership of tescos diets. It's the best one for me ( I use the totals diet for anyone who's interested).
My activities are walking for min one hour per day ( joints allowing) with one swim per week and back to cycling a couple of times a week when the days get a little longer.

My health is number one priority for 2012.

I also plan to keep busy with work, my studies and my governorship ( if my school is ever confirmed! " sigh" ). Hubby and I have decided to make decorating our lounge a project for this year when I have a study break between April and September. I also would like to get back into my gemsaics hobby as I have sadly neglected it recently. Keep the tv off until 9 pm....my new motto....most of its total drivel anyway!

Hope everyone is having a lovely time and looking forward to getting that wagon rolling on Jan....weigh in day! "gulp!" x

Happy belated Christmas Gem :) Sounds like you are having a good time and controlling very well, i'm impressed!
Giving chocs away? wow that took determination at this time of the year :)

Loving your fresh plan for next year Gem, i'm on that January train too, all the way to slimsville!

Have a great New year, enjoy :)

Hi every body! Gem here for January role call ....now where is everybody?

Sad to say weighed in this morning at a disappointing 16 stone 11 lbs!! Eeeeeeeeek! I have been p**sing about for far too long in this blooming stone. It's time to see the back of it!

Now who' s with me?! X

:Dwoohoo welcome Rose, i am starting again , forgetting what ive already lost and saying today is day one. :D
my ticker records my previous weight loss.:wave_cry:
im setting new goals in place today.

I have 102 lbs to loose...that is acheivable in a year so next xmas im aiming to be at goal...not 100% sure what that weight will be but a healthy weight for me is 9.5 stone so thats what im aiming for.
Right now i cant imagine being this light. Im already lighter than ive been for most of my life so im looking forward to the new experiences on the way.
my new years resolution is to do more and plan less so lets get on with it!:D:D:D

Count me in Gem
Im withyou in the Acid department, the tight jeans.
Even the sitting ina blasted wieght area.
mines the 12stoners been between 12st 6lb and 12st 12lb for 7 months.
Enough is enough.

Glad your full steam ahead Gem and Rose, thats what we have to do.

Gem what do you think about new threads? Rose yours is like a book mate, however books have trilogies lol.

toatly understand if no ones up for it, im still on the edge of the thought but maybe with no posts behind me to read i will see the open space ahead :)

Will let you know how it goes.... . I did it Gem feels grrrreat http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/248871-starters-orders-lap-2-a.html#post4466977

Psot soon xxxxx

Last edited:
Well day two, yesterday I was pretty good, no sugar despite loads of chocolate calling to me at work and i walked round the park at lunchtime and another 20 mins to the bus stop.

Today I walked the longer way to work from the bus round the harbour ( about 30 mins) round the lake at lunchtime (45 mins) and the 20 mins back to the bus stop this evening. No sugar intake again despite more temptations of mince pies and choccies ( I am surrounded by food at work at the mo!) so on track and glad to say he headache has already eased.

Portions are still too large but I will tackle that once the sugar cravings are gone. It's much easier that way!

Next monday I start recording and weighing everything, then I'll be right back in the zone! Looking forward to the sense of wellbeing I know will hit me after about 10 days time. It's all sooo worth it and I want to finish the project of loosing weight this year so I can just concentrate on maintainence in the future.

Hope peeps are well and happy x

Doing well Gem :)...i'm strangely looking forward to Monday too to start 'properly' keep at it girl, you know we are all going to do it THIS year :) Love your avator, pretty woman * cue for a song!*

LFM, i played about with the idea for a new thread this year, I can understand all the reasons mentally for starting afresh with gusto :)..but i also feel safe in my wee book :) hee hee....so for the time being, i'll keep plodding on and on and on ;)..in 'its GOT to go!' ;)

have a good but fun filled day ladies :)

Back