Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

HI Gem a few slip ups but you triumphed. I think any.mire than 4lb a week is quiet arisky loss.
Especially for skin shrinkage as if its to suddon i dont think it catches up well and hangs qicker so thevhanging keeps it limp if that makes sense...but what ever your doing its working :):):)

Your fight against bread is fantastic news as the bread will make you feel tired. Id work in illiminating it totaly its very diffucult i know as im a total bread monster but 4 to 5 days in the stodgy body feeling goes and energy raises.
I think we are all shredding our hybernation coats lol bring it on yes please :)
Movie wise do you have fizzy brinks or tea? I always sneak something in and buy a tea.
That way i choose the treat...my last one was a tescos prawn salad lol.
It was also Preacher thought it was a good film too covered all bases. Action adventure, depth, twists.

Also forgot to mention ive stoppped drinking takeaway teas from man made cups as my dizzies where getting so bad ( they all contain glues) plus man made hormones and ive alliminated all plastic cooking pots.

Our poor bodies what they have to put up with.

My routine now Gem is an hour in the kitchen once aweek.

I microwave all vegs, potatoes cauli brussels carrots spinach broccli (steamed) while cooking meat in the oven. I make about 9 dishes with gravey cover with selophane and freeze....The veg is grabbed in mass in the Reduced isles and costs me about a pound.

Ohh myyy its heaven i get in the door. Micro for 10min while i sit down and i have 3 to 4 veg a portion of meat and no hunger for nibbles as it hits every food group.

Bonus is i have no washing up piling up as im not good at that atall :)

Have a lovely week :) xx

Hello Gem, that is a lovely account of your week :) Try a wee bag of revels when you next got to the cinema, or a wee bag of malteasers. ;)

Well done on leaving bread, it has now become a habit for you :)

Wonderful weight loss hun..and that is with the choccie goodies!!! woohooooo :)

Pat on the back for hubby resisting the takeaway plea :)..fantastic support! Funnily enough I said to my hubby tonight while out shopping, shall we have a chinese takeaway!!!!! Half hoping he would say yes, and I had already imagined my cutting back for a few days to allow the damage!!! ha ha..Anyway, he said, " No, I don't fancy it, shall we just have some pasta or something quick!" I felt myself sulking inside!!! hee hee and didn't want to stamp my feet like a big oink and say, well I'll have one anyway!!! ha ha ...but I thought, what am I doing, I don't need one!!..so I got home and made a pasta dish in 30 mins..delish! ;)

New hairstyle sounds lovely.. did you go for it!

Have a great and successful week Gem and thanks for your post on my thread...I felt mega proud just listening to him 'chatting'..you'll know exactly what I mean! :)

I hope the leaving bread is becoming a habit, that's exactly how I felt about the takeaway Rose...silly isn't it? It's only fuel really!

Yes but the hair is too short now IMHO, it will grow and it'll be nice and easy after swimming!

It really s a lovely feeling. I remember the first time my som brought some friends home ( he was 16!) and I just sat in the lounge crying! X

HI Gem a few slip ups but you triumphed. I think any.mire than 4lb a week is quiet arisky loss.
Especially for skin shrinkage as if its to suddon i dont think it catches up well and hangs qicker so thevhanging keeps it limp if that makes sense...but what ever your doing its working :):):)

Your fight against bread is fantastic news as the bread will make you feel tired. Id work in illiminating it totaly its very diffucult i know as im a total bread monster but 4 to 5 days in the stodgy body feeling goes and energy raises.
I think we are all shredding our hybernation coats lol bring it on yes please :)
Movie wise do you have fizzy brinks or tea? I always sneak something in and buy a tea.
That way i choose the treat...my last one was a tescos prawn salad lol.
It was also Preacher thought it was a good film too covered all bases. Action adventure, depth, twists.

Also forgot to mention ive stoppped drinking takeaway teas from man made cups as my dizzies where getting so bad ( they all contain glues) plus man made hormones and ive alliminated all plastic cooking pots.

Our poor bodies what they have to put up with.

My routine now Gem is an hour in the kitchen once aweek.

I microwave all vegs, potatoes cauli brussels carrots spinach broccli (steamed) while cooking meat in the oven. I make about 9 dishes with gravey cover with selophane and freeze....The veg is grabbed in mass in the Reduced isles and costs me about a pound.

Ohh myyy its heaven i get in the door. Micro for 10min while i sit down and i have 3 to 4 veg a portion of meat and no hunger for nibbles as it hits every food group.

Bonus is i have no washing up piling up as im not good at that atall :)

Have a lovely week :) xx

Hi LFM , 4 lbs was the monthly total so I'm steady at 1lb a week which is pretty good...yay to shedding the hibernation!
I don't usually take a drink to the cinema and if I do I take water as I don't drink fizzy drinks, I just don't like them! I shall go back to taking a small bag of chocs or just some mints....revels are a good idea Rose, variety in the bag!

Interesting observation about the plastic cups and stuff...I don't tend to use them...always have my water in a non cfc bottle and tea and coffee in china.

Sounds like you've got into a good routine in the kitchen...having to cook for a family I can't do that but I do batch cook soup for my lunches at work and thins like spag Bol and chilli . I have a dish washer in my dear hubby and if he breaks down dear son takes the helm so no washing up for me either! :0)

Food has been good last couple of days, porridge with banana and honey for brunch yesterday after my work out and then I made a fish curry with brown rice, sag aloo and some onion Bahaji as a treat....very nice too!

Today we resisted going out for a cooked breakfast and had scrambled egg on a bagel with mushrooms instead. Hubby made a lovely blueberry and banana wholemeal cake so we had a slice of that for lunch. By 4pm I was hungry so ad a soya yoghurt whilst I cooked roast chicken and roasted cumin veg.....oh and boy that was yum!

Quite full now so will clean my teeth and that's it for the day.

I was chuffed to bits this morning...my tutor marked my assignment and I got 99%! ...highest mark yet....he also asked if he could use it as a good example with other students....high honour indeed!

Got more study done this afternoon, only 2 weeks until I start he next assignment, no rest for the wicked!

Made some soup for the week and have done the shopping list for tomorrow, so all organised for another good week!

Have a good one guys x

Wow 99% flippin heck never seen that in my life lol.
Well done Gem all focused and in control = results.
Glad the 4lb is for the minth ....how do you wait that long!
Have a good Monday :-D xx

Wow 99% flippin heck never seen that in my life lol.
Well done Gem all focused and in control = results.
Glad the 4lb is for the minth ....how do you wait that long!
Have a good Monday :-D xx

Nor have I LFM! Was gobsmacked as I deliberately didn't polish this one as much as I normally do...lesson learned lol.

Head is in the right space. I'm not on a diet, I eat what I want when I want...I'm focusing on changing habits so weigh in is just a monitor rather than dictating my mood once a week. I'm living healthily now...not in the future and the weight loss is a side effect rather than the main goal. It's great to feel this freedom around food I have to say. If I have a bit more food one day, I genuinely find I'm not so hungry the next day so automatically cut back.

I'm hoping my diet head is not gonna kick in again...I'm learning to listen for it now..it's starts with, you shouldn't eat.....or I can't eat....now I only say I would love to eat hat but I'm full....I'll have it later!

Not having the rubbish in the house in the evenings is key for me so is exercise and I love my swimming...don't know what I'm going to be like when I have my knee op...first appointment is 8 March...but I'm just looking forward to getting it sorted so I can cycle again! Turning off the tv has been great too...I haven't missed it and I've got so much more done. My head feels more relaxed as its only focussing on one thing at a time. I'm sleeping much better without nytol.

It's all good! Have a good week! X

Sounds a bit similar to me Gem.
Im still having alot of food that would never be seen on a diet sheet but its more controlled.
I havent brought a takeaway for yonks but ive sat in restaurants and had steak, but if im out regular with Mum its Salads.
I brought a packet of biscuits last week took out 5 and soaked the rest in a casserole bowl of water.
With all these actions Im feeling my diet brain slowly growing as the sensible desisions are breaking through.

Good Luck with your knee Appointment i remember when you would post about your lengthy rides.

Hoping you will be at it again :)

Im a fair weather rider so i will be out again soon. :) xx

Wow, fab result 99%?..woohoooo :)

I've been 'thinking' of buying cinnamon bagels this morning :)..now, you've mentioned scrambled eggs and a bagel..I want them even more! ;) Loving the sound of hubby's blueberry and banana cake..I could eat that without feeling I'm eating cake!!.if you see what I mean?

I totally agree with your view on eating more one day, then not feeling as hungry the next. Recently I had a wee bit more than I should have (ahem!) one day, the next morning I didn't feel any hunger at all until mid morning! Before, i would just have got up and made breakfast straight away through habit, not need!

Enjoy your week, I love reading your 'report' when I log on!

p.s I completely relate to the tears when your son brought friends home. My wee one talks about all his friends and now he talks about his best friend!!!..and wants to write him a letter inviting him for dinner one day! :) It hasn't happened yet, but it will..the very thought of it brings a lump to my throat!

Sounds a bit similar to me Gem.
Im still having alot of food that would never be seen on a diet sheet but its more controlled.
I havent brought a takeaway for yonks but ive sat in restaurants and had steak, but if im out regular with Mum its Salads.
I brought a packet of biscuits last week took out 5 and soaked the rest in a casserole bowl of water.
With all these actions Im feeling my diet brain slowly growing as the sensible desisions are breaking through.

Good Luck with your knee Appointment i remember when you would post about your lengthy rides.

Hoping you will be at it again :)

Im a fair weather rider so i will be out again soon. :) xx

Thanks LFM, sounds like you are doing well, I hope I will be able to get back on that bike for my harbour rides on balmy summer mornings...mmmmmmm!

Wow, fab result 99%?..woohoooo :)

I've been 'thinking' of buying cinnamon bagels this morning :)..now, you've mentioned scrambled eggs and a bagel..I want them even more! ;) Loving the sound of hubby's blueberry and banana cake..I could eat that without feeling I'm eating cake!!.if you see what I mean?

I totally agree with your view on eating more one day, then not feeling as hungry the next. Recently I had a wee bit more than I should have (ahem!) one day, the next morning I didn't feel any hunger at all until mid morning! Before, i would just have got up and made breakfast straight away through habit, not need!

Enjoy your week, I love reading your 'report' when I log on!

p.s I completely relate to the tears when your son brought friends home. My wee one talks about all his friends and now he talks about his best friend!!!..and wants to write him a letter inviting him for dinner one day! :) It hasn't happened yet, but it will..the very thought of it brings a lump to my throat!

Thanks Rose, I love bagels...multi seed and sesame seed are my fave, cinnamon are lovely with a smear of low sugar jam for a sweet craving. We bake a lot with bananas , low fat , no need for tons of sugar and really light and tasty!

I think when you loose the " I must eat three meals a day no matter what" and start listening to your body it does make a difference. I'm getting better at it but still have ways to go. ...aww bless wee cherub, maybe get him some invites to fill in ;0) x

Week three of habit change....

I've been generally on an even keel food wise throughout the week. Tuesday, I was given a geo bar which looked healthy enough..one bite and it was soooo sweet I couldn't eat it! Closer inspection revealed glucose syrup...yuck! avoided takeaways again although we did have a tesco ready meal curry on Tuesday after shopping as a compromise. I did make a pudding last night , just a light microwaved sponge with dairy free custard...it was lovely and really hit the spot! It's getting easier to avoid the takeaways and we have saved money so it's great to feel freer of it.

I did swim twice this week and the front crawl is getting easier to going to increase this....unfortunately my knee has flared up this week and by yesterday was very painful, so I'm cancelling body pump on sat morning. I may go swimming instead but I may just rest it. I'll see how it is today.

I have incredibly itchy eyes this morning, due to having my hair shawn I've been wearing make up this week at work so I think that might be the cause. I go back to my natural self today.

Tv viewing is creeping up again in the evening so we need to look at this afresh but we haven't bought any rubbishy food in the food shop and I've had a healthy lunch every day.

I'm really tired again this morning, we do get up at 6 am every day . I am starting my springboard training today, so a day out of the office with 29 other women I've never met at a country house sounds quite idyllic! All I really want to do is sleep but I can have a lie in tomorrow.

Think I will go and get some porridge to start the day. Have a good one ladies x

Morning Gem
So funny every time you say spring boarding i have visions of a 60s petaled flowery swimming cap. A nose clip and googles.
Does make me chuckle.
Hope your knee calms through today its hard when you feel so active. I try to think of any injury or even when my heads bad as 1 days rest = 3 days free :).
Weldone on the Take away...get away attitude the added stuff they put in makes them so much more fattening.
Im at the stage now thou where i trust no one whis making money in the food chain and not sure if its horse cat or dog. Which is helping as im making meals so seeing everything im eating.
Couldnt of asked for a better diet aid thou lol.
Quiet green eyed...lovely cottage sounds so inviting.
Wonder if they will lay on cream tea :)
Xxx

Sounds like happy plans Gem :)

You are so right with the money saved avoiding takeaways, once we stopped the weekly takeaway..sometimes 2!! :(..I seemed to have spare cash in my purse..often! :)

I agree with listening to your body, it really hit home last week, when I wasn't hungry..so why should I go and make something at a certain time, when I'm not hungry enough to eat it!

Hope your eyes recover soon, sounds like make up irritation hun, especially when you don't wear it every day. I meant to mention in my last post, I know the horrible feeling when your receive a haircut/hairstyle which you feel is too short. It happened to me years ago, and I cried all the way home! It will grow back soon Gem, it will just appear to take a long time because you are aware of it..I bet it looks great to everyone else!..don't worry!

Enjoy your country house meet up and a well deserved lie in..when you can! :) x

I know when i have my hair cut it takes a week to settle in if that makes sense. It will grow so quick Gem especially as where heading to summer . Hair and nails gsually grow quicker then....unless its me with solar panel molicules :). Xx

Good morning peeps and happy 1st of the month!

Weighed in this morning and i have gained 2 lbs. I reckon most of this was from two weeks ago as I've been very poorly yet again and we had nearly a week of takeaways. Back to good food this last week but a few bits of rubbish have crept back in so Monday i will make a conscious effort for a week and I'll be back on an even keel.

Whilst so much is going on in my life I'm surprisingly very happy with that result actually and since Xmas means I've still lost a bit but as long as I'm not massively piling on pounds I'm pretty happy to keep it going as I am until June.

1 July 2013 is d day for me. I will have finished uni, had a lovely break, hopefully had my blessed knee sorted out and be ready for the next chapter of life. I want to dedicate 6 months to a steady weight loss and be at the minimum in a comfortable size 16 jeans for xmas. We will be redecorating the whole flat over the next 12 - 18 months so that will keep me busy but not busy enough to distract me from getting my weight down. I really feel I need headspace and the luxury of time to do this but I'm going to keep doing what I'm already doing until then so I'm not starting heavier than I am today!

The Springboard programme has helped me so much. I am on the second full day today but been completing a workbook since the first session. I've faced a major demon from way back which I realise I have been punishing myself with ever since, particularly with the self abuse of my body. I've finally been able to talk about it honestly with hubby and I can not express in words how much calmer I feel about everything really.

Work seems a much more pleasant place to be, despite uncertainty still about my job, I'm just getting on with it in cheerful determination to do a good job and add value. I have realised I do actually really enjoy my job and as the years are going passed the itchy feet syndrome is curtailing somewhat. I'm not saying if an opportunity arises I won't take it but it's got to be the right move at the right time for the right reasons. I'm also realistic enough to know this time next year I might be forced to change but that's fine too.

I am looking to enrich my life now rather than clutter it up trying to prove my worth to everyone around me. This is, I realised, what I have been trying to do with uni and the RNLI and applying for promotions...so, the next stage is to find out more about what I really do want and how I'm going to achieve it. Two things I have identified is to loose this excess weight which is boring now...it's been part of my life for far too long and I'm just sick of thinking about it. Time to move on! The other is to develop my crafting and creative skills. I love to make and produce things and if I can develop enough skill I may be able to subsidise my pension with a small business when I retire or start moving into retirement earlier anyway!

It will be interesting to see what today brings up in me. This self Development is a bit scary but exciting too. I almost feel like I'm clearing the decks to make room for something new...watch this space!

Hope everyone is well and happy x

Wow Gem what a postive post, very uplifting to read and lovely that you could share the past being cleared here and with your hubby.
I think your right awaiting your knee op as your next chapter as theres nothing worse than being knocked out the saddle when your on a journey...it makes it 10 times harder to get back on.
Life should become so much freer and colourfull now you are doing things for your own achievement and not others views. My Ex for a year or more was so highly driven by proving to all around him and i like to think i had some input into his change as our outlooks in life were so very different, now he seems so much more relaxed in life and maybe even more in control as i noticed there was loss of control because the proving had to much of it, if that makes sense, as at times he even seemed blind sided by it.

Bored with the body issue! i am so with you on that.... i too am just allowing the up and down of the 2 lb but i seriously want to sort it now and have allwoed 2 months. if its not donw by then its not happening as i cant keep beating mysefl up under the title "failed" its unhealthy.

Let us know how the second spring board goes.
May be it should be called spring cleaning :)
XX

Hi LFM

Thanks for the support mate x I understand what you mean about the bf thing...sometimes you just can't see it yourself...I just felt that every hour of my day needed to be productive and was actually was putting so much pressure on myself it's untrue! Took getting poorly again to recognise it really...

Back to swimming this week, I haven't been for three weeks because of my inflamed knee and feeling rough but the world hasn't fallen apart and I'm feeling much better again so I'm starting to miss it.

Springboard was good on Friday. They were talking about how we deal with change and I recognised where I was on the curve kubler ross change curve... http://http://www.google.co.uk/sear...n&client=safari#biv=i|0;d|SMevVi6eC5nDlM: for those interested.

They also talked about changing your "head tape" and I think that's how the slimpods work. If you tell yourself something enough you begin to believe it and it's changing those belief systems, by being kinder to yourself. I've identified and changed a couple of my head tapes...( I found identifying them the hardest thing). it's based in cbt - thought-feeling-action, something I'm interested about learning more about so when I've finished this uni course I will do some more research on it.

One of mine was " you've got to be in the right headspace to loose weight" I now tell myself " with a little effort I can loose weight" it's very subtle but I'm already feeling more positive about getting on with it. Another is "I cant do dieting, I end up fatter" ...this has changed to " I prefer to eat healthily and in moderation". I used this in the supermarket when faced with chocolate yesterday and I didn't buy anything so a small victory there! I also now think to myself "I'm worth it" I think it's about giving yourself permission to want something but then taking control and saying ... Actually no, this doesn't fit with my plan right now and taking back control of that feeling. Another one I've just thought of is " I'm tired and fed up, I don't care" ... To "I'm tired and fed but I need a break, I'll go home and relax for a bit" instead of grabbing a takeaway!

Let's see how these new headtapes go for the next few weeks...anything is worth a try and hey, I'm worth it!

Happy Sunday everyone, I've got more uni work to do this morning and then going to see Les Miserables this afternoon.

Lovely to hear you are doing so well and happy with everything :) You have such a good attitude Gem, it is all going to work out for you!

I'm not so good, but let's just skip over that! hee hee

Enjoy Les Mis..it's finally coming to the island on our wedding anniversary..if we can get a baby sitter, then it is earmarked as a night out for us! If not, then we'll wait for the dvd :)

Keep doing what you are doing and overcoming the demons..well done you! :)

Hi Gem
Good to read your back Swimming and with a Great mind set, wish i could turn away from choclate, its realy strange as if my own mind taunts me into buying it...." i bet you cant buy that, i bet you cant buy that with out feeling guilty" realy very odd as i do it!! so I must have a word with myself later lol

May look for some spring board classes myslef if they are giving you results :)

I joined a site the other day for LP lienguistic programming?
It ended up being a paid event though.
I will get to one or 2 eventually when im a bit more flush as it does realy interest me.

I think Les mis would freak me out abit and anxiety as alot of suffering in those days.
Try to keep away from triggers now and i think thats whats helping alot with my up in mind strength levels.

let me know how les mis goes as My mum is realy interested
tied the link to the Kublre ross hun didnt work

Have fun today xxx

Hi gem :) I love your posts! I'm.goog.to use your saying to help.me.with my diet head xxx

Back