Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

IM LOL at Noddys adventures :D

Your day sounds lovely Gem, i wanted to see source code with mum the otherday but with the sunny weather we decided not to go in. It does sund good!

Sorry to hear your convo was regarding your son. What a lovely friend he has and thier not so easy to find...lucky lad:).

Very enviouse of your house position and your! ride to work. i would love to ride my bike round that harbour and through the shopping centre. Bet not to lovely in mid winter but i have padding :D

Hope you a good bank holiday Monday.
Catch you up later. X

Have a good holiday monday Gem :) Your time out sounded great!

I want to see source code too, hope it comes to the island!!! ;) Hope the conversation wasn't too upsetting or worrying, just remember you know your son better than anyone, and like mine, he is a extra special boy...but good on his friend to care about him too! :)

Your place sounds idyllic, no wonder you enjoy cycling about so much. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get out and about on a bike too one day, loved cycling as a teenager!..for the moment, I'll stick to my static exercise bike :D

Enjoy the day :):)

Maybe, just maybe, I'll get out and about on a bike too one day, loved cycling as a teenager!..

Rose I couldn't belive the amount of memories that came flooding back, as soon as that wind went over my head. I was smiling like a teenager. With a secret that is all mine:D

Gem have you always rode? i hadn't ridden since about 28 untill 42 but that discovery feeling never goes away even with the last 10 months off it was there on my first ride. :)

Hi Gem! Just read your diary and just wanted to say well done for what you have achieved so far! Stick with it and i'm sure you will reach your target for your birthday and then your next target after tht! Keep going you are doing brilliant! Emma x

Gem, have a good Tuesday, now that everything is back to normal..for a day or two!!! :)

Hope you still have the sunshine too and are cycling happily to work.

LFM, 'teenage memories'...ooh now I'm intrigued! lol :D

Have a good day Gem, enjoy yourself whatever you are up to in this glorious weather :)

LFM...teenage years.....weren't we all nightmares at times?, well we had our moments I bet!!!! :D

Hi all .... Sorry just a quick stop this morning....will hopefully have more time over the next couple of days to catch up with you all!

Easter Monday was spent decorating my bedroom feature wall...been threatening it with a deep purple colour paint for about two years and finally got round to it...meant moving loads of stuff and furniture but looks great and I'm very pleased with it! I do all the decorating...hubby provides tea and support as he hates it!

Yesterday we went for a 10.5 mile hike around the purbecks. We started in Langton Matravers, a small village and walked across public access rolling fields until we reached Dancing Ledge..the we walked the south Coastal path to Durlston and then down into Swanage where we stopped and had the best chips in Dorset. Then we walked the steep road back to Langton Matravers. According to myfitnesspal I burned 1440 calories!

This is just as well as food choices haven't been great however I am aiming to stay he same this week and hope all the activity balances it all out!

We are going for a mooch round Salisbury today for a few hours and then tomorrow we are ( weather permitting) off to Glastonbury to climb the Tor...its one of my favourite places!

It's great to be away from the pressures of work so am thoroughly enjoying myself! Hope you've all had a great Easter..thanks for all the contributions and support and I will be back soon to catch up with everyone
Gem x

your bedroom sounds lovelry! i wanted a dark purple for ours, but my BF wouldnt let me! he is a meanie!

if you keep doing lots of excersize like that, you will defo lose this week! 1440 calories! thats loads!

have just made yummy spicy carrot and lentil soup for lunch tomorrow and friday. am getting slightly obsessed with it at the mo. lol.

have fun at glasto tomorrow!
x

Wow 10.5 miles and 1440 calories? that amazing!
Whats the myfitnesspal ?
Its nice to have someone to walk with, i dont notice so much but 10 mies thats a fair treck and with hills LOL.
Maintaining is good but with that sort of exercise you may be pleasently surprised.

Glastonbury wicked, always wanted todo the festival but to frightened to buy tickets as knowing me i would get ripped off:eek:

Do you feel its spirtual there?

Hope you have a lovely 2 days. XX

Hi all

Noddynoobs - I liked zumba but my teacher wasn't very good and I found it difficult going after work as I'm usually knackered by then...I might have a look at the zumba on the wii fit but it kinda defeats the object doing it on your own as it is a party atmosphere! Your beef and couscous and carrot and lentil soup sound rather yummy! 45 mins from Weymouth eh? Do you go there often? I have to confess I don't, but I do like it there.
Hubby and I got married 2 years ago and I had a purple velvet dress made to my own design..so we have a purple theme going on! I'm thinking of having my skirt and train made into a new outfit when I've got to goal as there will be plenty of material!

Rose - hope you've had a lovely weekend away. I was a terrible teenager! A goth punk with major anger issues...I can laugh at it now! I left home at 17 and had a bit of a wild few years before I married my first hubby! I can remember getting on my bike at about 14 with Adam and the ants Stand and Deliver blaring out from my ghetto blaster in the basket at the front. Scared a few old ladies like that!

LFM - hope you are feeling a lot better. I have not always ridden a bike....started after 20+ years last September and haven't looked back! I'm always smiling when I'm cycling and it's just such a wonderful sense of freedom! I love Glastonbury and the peace that pervades me as I wander around the town. There is something spiritual there especially in the Chalice Well gardens which are just wonderful. I found climbing the Tor relatively easy this time which was good! Myfitnesspal.com is a free site where you can calorie count and calculate how many calories you are burning with activity. I am going back to using only this after my birthday as I'm getting fed up with weigh watchers!

Emms24 - thankyou for your support, it really is lovely to have people popping in, come and say hello more often!

Well we've had a wonderful holiday with loads of activity. As well as what I've already logged we went to Corfe Castle today and walked a good 4 miles up hill and down Dale. There was a reinactment going on which was quite amusing. I'm having a takeaway curry tonight and then I'm back to counting tomorrow with weigh in on Monday. If there is any damage then I'll just face it and still aim for the 15's for my birthday. I'm hoping the exercise will negate the eating!
I gave blood on Tuesday and I have the biggest swollen bruise to show for it. Unfortunately I have deep set veins and that won't go away even with the weight loss. I am going to spend my Easter money on the biggest loser for the wiifit. Just to give me a new focus as the cycling is getting easier and easier.

Hope everyone enjoyed the wedding and has a restful weekend
Gem x

A goth punk with major anger issues...I can laugh at it now! I left home at 17 and had a bit of a wild few years before I married my first hubby! I can remember getting on my bike at about 14 with Adam and the ants Stand and Deliver

OMG Gem thats so funny, i was a skinhead ( supposedly upstart half sin half punk) i was causght by my uncle writting my name with a stone on someones wall. My mum freaked and brought me felts and said do it in your bedroom.

I drew a 8ft circle with the ant and feather indian head piece off the record cover lol, dont think she expected that one! then toyah wilocks eye and hyraglificks on the back of my door and space invader computer game up another.

Nice pair of Monkey Boots ( dr Martind where a big NO!) and i was angry and lost and mixed with some undisirables lol. No wonder i love my quiet life now.
I always loved the reggae too.
"This is reggae music" came out at that time wonderfull tune.

Anyway..... lol
Your weekend sounds lovely, and glastonbury too.
Hope your Curry is nice, im sure it wont do to much damage at least you have been active and you dont seem to cheat often?
I cant do any diet club things either its to much regime and when i actually join, then i sit there thinking "what the hell am i doing here, I can do this if i realy want to"

Im maintaining at the moment after 2 or 3 weeks of wondering through foods.

So Monday is another chance for me to take more notice of whats needed, ive done lots of miles but I as you, my riding is getting easier.

I may start the 30 day shred Monday:eek:.;)

lookingforme said:
OMG Gem thats so funny, i was a skinhead ( supposedly upstart half sin half punk) i was causght by my uncle writting my name with a stone on someones wall. My mum freaked and brought me felts and said do it in your bedroom.

I drew a 8ft circle with the ant and feather indian head piece off the record cover lol, dont think she expected that one! then toyah wilocks eye and hyraglificks on the back of my door and space invader computer game up another.

Nice pair of Monkey Boots ( dr Martind where a big NO!) and i was angry and lost and mixed with some undisirables lol. No wonder i love my quiet life now.
I always loved the reggae too.
"This is reggae music" came out at that time wonderfull tune.

Anyway..... lol
Your weekend sounds lovely, and glastonbury too.
Hope your Curry is nice, im sure it wont do to much damage at least you have been active and you dont seem to cheat often?
I cant do any diet club things either its to much regime and when i actually join, then i sit there thinking "what the hell am i doing here, I can do this if i realy want to"

Im maintaining at the moment after 2 or 3 weeks of wondering through foods.

So Monday is another chance for me to take more notice of whats needed, ive done lots of miles but I as you, my riding is getting easier.

I may start the 30 day shred Monday:eek:.;)

Well at least you had some room for self expression..my parents tore down all my posters in a fit of rage and I was only allowed a few small items on the back of my door...so I started shaving my head and dying my hair until I went from black to blonde in one weekend and parents threw me out....I wasn't that bad but needed to get away. I was the black sheep for a long time! We are fairly close now though. I embroidered the ant symbol on a pair of my jeans lol.

My flatmate loved reggae and I hated it lol...I would drown her out with the sisters of mercy and the glove!

The curry was a mistake, I enjoyed it at the time but I ended up not sleeping well ( too much salt) and indigestion! That will teach me! I have not been good food wise this week at all but I really have no idea what the scales will say tomorrow but whatever it is I'm ready to buckle down again and loose the next stone!
Well done on maintaining, i find a period of maintainence when I'm not fully committed s the answer. Good luck for the shred...it sounds painful!
Gem x

Oooops! 4.6 lbs on!!! Just shows no matter how much activity you do, food is still a major issue! I'm not surprised to be honest, we went to a pink Floyd tribute gig last night and I had a mushroom and cheese burger about 11 pm last night so I'm probably still digesting that!

I've had a lovely relaxing holiday but time to get back on the horse today and with any luck and a fair wind hopefully get at least half that off by next Monday.

Have a great week peeps

Gem x

Morning Gem
I always find the positive in a negative too and what i've gained for the wieght.

Its usually wonderfull memorable days. If we didnt take the oppurtunity to enjoy them, Then we risk to lose alot.
We don't have the chance for that exact day to happen again and sometimes its so important that our minds are free. So I also allow my self some time off and face up to my debt later and I find I never grudge the wieght on when i've had a lovely time for it.

You will soon be dropping those lbs in the gutter while your riding your bike. then they will be running after you with arms out stretched shouting " nooo nooo please dont leave me!" and then they get splatted by a car:D:D:D:D
Never to be seen again.
( no i havent been smoking lol:D)

My childhood was very repressed, I had issues from it at 13.
I put alot of my non "self" acceptance down to it. It is awfull when you think what can flurish from such vibrant visions and its distroyed by other peoples opinions and needs of nieghbours approval.
I only went on the wrong road because i wasnt allowed on my own road.
So enviouse of people who got to leave home ;).

Anyway onwards and downwards and its all out of our "own" choices to do it :)
Hope you have a lovely bank holiday Monday XX

Last edited:
hello ladies!

hope you are all well?!

never mind about the wieght you out on Gem, you have proven already that you can lose it!

i wasnt around when the punks were but id like to think i would of been one! lol :p

i have surprised my self this week, i have lost 2lbs, it TOTM and i went on a bit of an eating fest on Thursday, but i still lost! BF could not understand why i was so excited!

am hoping to stay the same this week, its our anniversary today (7years) and we are off to alton towers on Friday, but driving up on Thursday and staying over night at a hotel, so expect we will be naughty and eat some junk food while we are there! not the most romantic of anniversary treats but there you go!

enjoy the rest of the bank holiday! im at work unfortunately :(

i was thinking about starting a diary, but not sure!

and its noDDy not nobby! lol! after my little fur-child, my cat! the love of my life ! haha. (dont tell my BF)

Back