Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hi

now that's what I call a walk!!!! :D well done, sounds like a great exercise plan and it blows the cobwebs away up on those cliffs I bet :)

You'll have walked off any 'not so good' food choices, don't worry about it! Hope you have a good day today and your muscles are all in good working order....ouch!!! ;)

LFM, i remember the bath cubes in the paper....ooh memories!!! :D

lookingforme said:
Welldone Gem 8miles walking!:eek: i thought riding it was bad enough.:eek:

Glad you enjoyed it, the weather here has been amazing too:) very good idea for a nice walk. We have to grab it while its around, as i'm sure we are going to pay for it in April showers. :eek:

I always find the evenings more mellow and relaxed after a good day with exercise.
It definately aids healthier mind as well as body.

How about a radox bath i used to love the crystals when i was a kid, only find the liquid ow, not quiet the same thing. Oh that jogged my memory and teh bath salts that came in little squares of golden wrapping paper, werent they magical.

Off for a bath lol
Have a lovely day tomorrow:)

Thanks LFM
I am sleeping so well at the mo with all this activity...I have to admit to a really weird thing...I don't like having a bath! I much prefer my power shower... I do remember the bath salts in the cubes though! Used them a lot when I was little!

Hope you enjoyed the bath
Gem x

RainbowRose said:
Hi

now that's what I call a walk!!!! :D well done, sounds like a great exercise plan and it blows the cobwebs away up on those cliffs I bet :)

You'll have walked off any 'not so good' food choices, don't worry about it! Hope you have a good day today and your muscles are all in good working order....ouch!!! ;)

LFM, i remember the bath cubes in the paper....ooh memories!!! :D

Thanks Rose ...it certainly was blowy on the cliffs but exhilarating too! Yeah I'm not too worried about the food...I haven't been the best but definitely only had one leg off the wagon ;0)

Muscles were fine...went for another walk on Sunday! Lol

Gem x

Well I've lost count what week, day etc it is ...but hey I'm still hanging in there and after our long walk on Saturday I was very surprised to find I felt great on Sunday so we did another 3-4 miles around the parks and town! I am loving feeling fitter!

I do need to confess I'm finding my food plan difficult this week....not been dreadful, but cannot seem to come in under points ( which have been lowered three times in four weeks! ) and I have eaten most of my weeklies already, however I have earned 49 activity points in 4 days which i haven't used so all is not lost. I don't feel like I've lost anything this week but I did have a surprise visit from the red fairy. I don't normally have a cycle as I have a contraceptive implant which stops it. I am wondering if it's the weight loss that's kicked it off again..." shrugs" who knows! It probably explains why Fred is so active and I just wanna eat everything in sight though!

Again I'll be happy with any loss this week....I have another kettle bell class tomorrow...oh my! And then I have poll clerk training after work so it's gonna be a very long day.

Ooooh yes! I bought some new shorts on Sunday for cycling and walking and they are a size 18 by gawd! They are from Evans so a large cut but hey! I cannot remember the last time I bought a size 18 bottom! Must be 25+ years!

Observation of the day: went on the bus today and I sat in a single seat with the arm down and I wasn't spilling out over the sides! There is hope for an aeroplane seat later in the year!

Gem

Have a good day Gemsiac, enjoy kettle class :)

totm is probably playing havoc with your appetite etc and the fact it has returned when it shouldn't will more than likely be related to weight loss, may be worth mentioning it to docs next time you are there.

Love the bus seat experience, bet it felt so good, little things like that would mean the world to me! No problem with the plane seat for you, I'm still dreading it at this point!!!!

Oooh size 18, well done you!!!! you must have been smiling all the way to the cashier, I would have been!!!! (daydreaming of reaching size 18 one day!!)

Have a good one, hope you have sunshine..we don't up here :rolleyes:

RainbowRose said:
Have a good day Gemsiac, enjoy kettle class :)

totm is probably playing havoc with your appetite etc and the fact it has returned when it shouldn't will more than likely be related to weight loss, may be worth mentioning it to docs next time you are there.

Love the bus seat experience, bet it felt so good, little things like that would mean the world to me! No problem with the plane seat for you, I'm still dreading it at this point!!!!

Oooh size 18, well done you!!!! you must have been smiling all the way to the cashier, I would have been!!!! (daydreaming of reaching size 18 one day!!)

Have a good one, hope you have sunshine..we don't up here :rolleyes:

I think you are right Rose, the cravings have been a lot better today, thank gawd! All these little things means the world to me too but I do keep misjudging my size! I'm so used to being bigger! I was smiling very broadly and nearly sewed the label on the outside ;0)

Gem x

I think you are right Rose, the cravings have been a lot better today, thank gawd! All these little things means the world to me too but I do keep misjudging my size! I'm so used to being bigger! I was smiling very broadly and nearly sewed the label on the outside ;0)

Gem x

I WILL be sewing the labels on the outside! :D

Glad to hear your cravings have eased, pesky little things that they are ;) Have a good evening and keep up the good work :)

nearly sewed the label on the outside ;0)

LOL i like that one:D

I would say Totm was hormone change related with exercise.
May sound daft but 8 mile walk is a lot of jiggy jiggy on the insides. Never knowing what was getting jiggy jiggied.
Our bikes are a smooth ride so doesnt effect to much.

when i was on similar to you i always looked as a positive that at least i was still workin ok:D as long as it didnt happen often!:eek:

I notice that many of us have been disorientated this week, with days, foods, concentration of the cause.

Have to admit i dont like being like it and i am actually missing it.
Do you think we shuld start a pact lol:D

Hope you have a good diet day :)

lookingforme said:
I would say Totm was hormone change related with exercise.
May sound daft but 8 mile walk is a lot of jiggy jiggy on the insides. Never knowing what was getting jiggy jiggy

when i was on similar to you i always looked as a positive that at least i was still workin ok:D as long as it didnt happen often!:eek:

I notice that many of us have been disorientated this week, with days, foods, concentration of the cause.

Have to admit i dont like being like it and i am actually missing it.
Do you think we shuld start a pact lol:D

Hope you have a good diet day :)
Hiya

I guess I could look at it like that lol...at nearly 44 I'm awaiting for the menopause so I don't have to worry about it all....falling pregnant for me would be a nightmare, it just can't happen.

It's been a strange week although the last two days have been much better food wise . I have eaten all my weekly points but have earned another 67 in activities so hopefully i will see a downward change on the scales tomorrow!

Easter might be a problem, I love an Easter egg! After that I might set myself a mini goal...
hope you've had a good day
Gem x

Well it's thee eve of weigh in so feeling trepidacious about facing the scales tomorrow! I have been pretty ok considering Fred was being a nightmare earlier in the week.

Cycled and walked again today and have done a lot of exercise this week. It is getting easier and easier which is great.

Observation of the day : needed to adjust the strap on my cycle helmet tighter...seems I've lost another chin!

Have a lovely evening

Gem x

Thank you for the support guys, really appreciated!

I'm feeling very down day today. Haven't been the best since weigh in food wise and haven't done much activity...maybe that's why, the endorphins need a kick!

My mum was 75 yesterday and my sister and I made food and threw her a party. I was feeling I was looking really good in a new size 18 per una top and my grey ever increasingly baggy trousers. I then had a lovely morning this morning..very lazy, watching the grand prix with hubby.....what brought me down to earth with a bump was hubby showing me the photos from the party. I'm really struggling in my head space right now. I'm feeling so much fitter and healthier yet the camera shows how far I have to go...i know I need to face the fact I'm still a big woman but sometimes I just wanna cry with the amount of effort and time it takes. I'm halfway there....but when the other half is still so far away......I'm really just feeling sorry for myself here!

Maybe I should forget what's past and start tomorrow as day one! Take my measurements, look at new recipes, sort out my clothes and get rid of the bigger stuff. I would love to be in the 15 stone bracket for my birthday (end of May). It is very achievable at just under 5 lbs away. That's it, a new target! ....gonna go and take some measurements...will be back!
Gem

HI Gem
What an honest post, thank you for sharing it.

I cant belive how a few of us have stummbled on to this gravel side path, when we were all sailing along fine on a nice resurfaced road;).

Its still there running along side us, we have to get back over with a nudge.

Im reading a self acceptance book at this time Gem and another on Life Coaching. It focuses greatly on the future and not the past.

It breaks ourselves down into sections and shows how we can not be rated on one thing, as we are many things and we continue to move and change every minute. So even rating ourselves can be incorrect...ive still a way to go but hope that explains a bit.

You have done amazing, the choice to start the journey which in its self opens the door for us to tell ourselves we are failures or we can't. ( both judgments are not correct)

But Nether the less still a brave path to take.

I dont know your age Gem but say you have 40 years more, if it takes you 5 years then at least you will have many years left to enjoy it, with each year in that 5 getting better and better.

I so admire what you have achieved todate and if it takes longer then i would still admire you.

Its not the time it takes, its the journey your doing.

Also 5lb :O for a stonemarker, OMG id give my right arm for that one lol ;)

Hope tomorrow brings a fresher day for you. XX

LFM ...thank you...I feel selfish for feeling this way sometimes!

Good news is I've sorted out my clothes and between myself and hubby we have filled 4 sacks worth that are too big! Told hubby how I was feeling and as usual he's been very supportive and I've counted all my food today and I'm back on track...I've taken my measurements. When I started the tape measure would not go around my waist but was short at least three inches.. Now my waist is 46inches...which is still huge but a lot better. I've also noticed my stomach does not hang down low anymore but it makes me look bigger as it protrudes more outwards! I guess it has to move up before it goes in anymore... But at least I now have a starting measurement! I did take others as well and will check them again on my birthday.

I need to concentrate on the now and the future as you say LFM ... Looking forward to getting on the bike tomorrow morning bright and early
Gem x

Morning Gem, I hope you are feeling brighter today. :) You are not at all selfish, we are all here to help each other along and part of that is support when we feel down. I can totally relate to everything you say, despite almost shifting 2 stone, I caught sight of myself in the mirror last night, and saw a big woman, big face and huge arms :cry:..there was me thinking I was beginning to resemble cheryl cole :D anyway seriously, we all have moments of despair especially when we are trying so hard and don't always 'see' the results in our eyes, but hang on in there, you are doing so well, and LFM is so right, it is the future that matters, not the past!

I hate photographs and avoid the cameras when I can, don't be hard on yourself, think what a lovely time you had on your mum's special birthday....and sod the photos, concentrate on the memories you made instead :)

Have a lovely day, your goal is so achievable, focus on it and good luck!

Rx

RainbowRose said:
Morning Gem, I hope you are feeling brighter today. :) You are not at all selfish, we are all here to help each other along and part of that is support when we feel down. I can totally relate to everything you say, despite almost shifting 2 stone, I caught sight of myself in the mirror last night, and saw a big woman, big face and huge arms :cry:..there was me thinking I was beginning to resemble cheryl cole :D anyway seriously, we all have moments of despair especially when we are trying so hard and don't always 'see' the results in our eyes, but hang on in there, you are doing so well, and LFM is so right, it is the future that matters, not the past!

I hate photographs and avoid the cameras when I can, don't be hard on yourself, think what a lovely time you had on your mum's special birthday....and sod the photos, concentrate on the memories you made instead :)

Have a lovely day, your goal is so achievable, focus on it and good luck!

Rx

Morning Rose...a lot brighter after having a good day yesterday, thank you. How we see ourselves in our heads is weird isn't it? I try not to think too hard about it otherwise I wouldn't do anything , gawd knows what I look like in my shorts and teeshirt cycling to work but hey at least I'm comfortable and I'm doing it!
I dont mind the camera as much as I used to as it does keep a good record of how far you have come....I think the worst of it was there wasn't one of mr standing up....it was all sat on the floor or a sofa looking like Michelin man! Hubby, bless him, never takes a photo when I'm looking so my clothes are all hunched up and don't get a chance to show myself at my best...does that make sense? I have told him this in the past and he does try but I think he got a bit carried away at mums party !

Still it's not his problem, it's mine!

Anyway it's a beautiful day and I can't wait to get on my bike and ride...
Have a lovely day!
Gem x

HI Gem
So pleased you are feeling better today. I watched the USA biggest losser last night and every person who hit 100lbs i thought of you.
You could of been there with them, these people are on TV for thier achievements and you are level and they rocked!
I am very proud to know you, be it only on here.

This week we are clearing cobwebs, and a few lb.

Have a lovely day XX

Back