Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hi gem
don't worry about the gain, it will be off in no time at all! I don't know why I didn't gain today, (a lb off) as i fell into holiday mood at the weekend, and also managed to fall into (sort of) macD's chicken sandwich, curry and fish and chips....ooooh errrr!!! que sera sera...and onto another week!

Have a lovely day, onwards and downwards this week! :)

Evening peeps!

Glad to say I'm right back on the wagon today after struggling a bit yesterday, going back to work gives me the structure I need to keep on track! Cycled again and walked round the park at lunchtime. Loads of new families of ducklings and goslings round the park today.!

LFM - I love a positive attitude, life is too short to berate oneself and Angelina is back in full song today so all good! I totally agree life is for enjoyment! What's the point otherwise? Love your image of the lbs getting splatted! lol
I'm sorry you've had issues for so long, it must be difficult at times not having your own space...I'm far too selfish and independent for my own good sometimes but if I'd lived with my parents any longer there would have been a murder!

Noddynoobs - a little bit of me will always be a punk...love seeing the odd Mohican walking around town lol..well done on the two pounds loss, brilliant! Congratulations on the anniversary and enjoy Alton towers..I've only been once 17 years ago...we planned it and saved up for a year to go and then 3 weeks before we went I found out I was pregnant! I couldn't go on any rides! Would love to go back somewhen! Have fun!! What work do you do that is so evil you need to work over the bh's? Do start a diary! It's good for the soul!

Rose- well done on the loss! Glad you enjoyed the weekend!

Here's to another good day for us all tomorrow!
Gem

well done one getting back on track! i find it easier to follow a plan when im at work, as i know when my breaks and lunch will be, and i know what i will eat and when.

i work in a call centre, as a resource assisant on the management desk....sounds posher than it is! i have to make sure that the call centre is correctly staffed and that we dont lose any customer calls. quite boring really, been there for 6.5 years, started on the phones and went to a few deptartments before i ended up there. think i will start looking else where after my holiday in july.

what do you do? i like the sound of your lunch time walks, i normally stomp down to the local asda and buy stuff for tea, so at least i get out! even if its not quite so scenic!

i started a diary earlier, but i spect its so boring its fallen off the page! lol

Noddynoobs said:
well done one getting back on track! i find it easier to follow a plan when im at work, as i know when my breaks and lunch will be, and i know what i will eat and when.

i work in a call centre, as a resource assisant on the management desk....sounds posher than it is! i have to make sure that the call centre is correctly staffed and that we dont lose any customer calls. quite boring really, been there for 6.5 years, started on the phones and went to a few deptartments before i ended up there. think i will start looking else where after my holiday in july.

what do you do? i like the sound of your lunch time walks, i normally stomp down to the local asda and buy stuff for tea, so at least i get out! even if its not quite so scenic!

i started a diary earlier, but i spect its so boring its fallen off the page! lol

I am a recruitment advertising officer within local government. I give advice to senior managers on recruitment best practice, write and publish recruitment adverts, and work on recruitment projects...current one being a new recruitment website. It's an interesting, if pressured job and I've been in post two years now but worked for local gov for about 8 years across different departments. It's not an easy work environment at the moment with all the government cuts and morale is very low but it's a job and on the whole I'm very happy...especially the fact I can walk every lunchtime and cycle in such fabulous surroundings. I am very lucky with a good work life balance. Just hope I can get through the next round of redundancies next year!

Good luck with looking for something else...it's tough out there at the moment but I do believe the private sector is picking up slowly. My son will be looking for something next month...really tough for the school leavers this year!

Gem x

Gems on the Monday Wagon, with Rose pulling on pedal power and im pushing it from behind.
All we need now is Mondays Maisie Moodle and its all in Go girls lol:)
If we turn it into a 6 setter we can pick u drifters along the way.:D

Gems on the Monday Wagon, with Rose pulling on pedal power and im pushing it from behind.
All we need now is Mondays Maisie Moodle and its all in Go girls lol:)
If we turn it into a 6 setter we can pick u drifters along the way.:D

hee hee, now that's what I call an interesting image LFM, and one I'd love to see in 'real life' thanks for that! :D :D

Hi Gem, hope you have another good day today and are still enjoying this weather when you get the chance at lunchtime. :)
I reckon I've led a sheltered life compared to you lot!!!! ;) I remember punks and everything else, but never really got into anything...except the 80's fashion!! :eek:...good grief, I thought I looked lovely with padded shoulders, BIG hair, chunky jewellery and blue eyeliner.....(ahem :rolleyes:)...aaaah memories :D

Enjoy your day Gem :)

Well hello! Where the dickens did that week go?!

I had two excellent days on tues and weds and then Thursday came along and I was working on the elections. A 16 hour day with no break and I've been trying to catch up with sleep ever since! I could have been a lot worse food wise and I was actually on track until I got home knackered and ate 6 dark chocolate digestives!
Then Friday I was simply too tired to cycle to work although I still did my lake walk at lunchtime. I also had a yorkie off the tea trolley in the afternoon as I was flagging, more choc biscuits and a kebab when I got home ( although I fancied pizza and chose a chicken shish kebab as a better choice instead)
Yesterday was better although I had half a bar of galaxy in the evening"sigh"
Determined to be much better today so have started off with cheesy scrambled egg on toast with mushrooms for brunch ( I slept in until 10 am) and have a chicken breast with veggies for tea and lots of water!
I hope I haven't done too much damage but the scales will show what I deserve tomorrow and I'm going to do some crafting this afternoon to keep my hands busy and out of mischief!

Have a great Sunday peeps!
Gem x

Hello Gem

you are right it has been a quick week hasn't it? Good grief, you did well to work 16 hours and only reach for the digestives..I would have emptied the fridge and then some!!! :eek:

Wishing you lots of luck tomorrow, que sera and all that, i'll be humming that as I step on!!!

Enjoy craft making, what are you planning to do?

Have a lovely day :)

ooh have fun crafting....im a card maker personally!

im sure the scales wont be as bad as you think. all that walking and cycling will of helped. and they do say that dark choc is bette for you than milk choc, so you have nothing to worry about!

Thanks guys, I love mosaic art and at the moment I'm working on a picture frame to go on my new purple bedroom wall! My sister draws and paints flowers and has done a lovely watercolour purple anemone for me to frame. Some of my work is on my website www.gemsaics.co.uk if you fancy a look. I also make cards and have done some scrap booking. I'm a typical Gemini, too many projects not enough time!
Gem x

Noddynoobs said:
oooh i like that lil tortoise.... and the lime frame too. theyre fab!

Why thank you! I really enjoy doing and have made some bits for work colleagues. I keep being told it's marketable but it's quite time consuming too which doesn't fit with working full time! Still it's a great hobby and I am called the glitter queen at home lol
Gem x

i know what you mean, i have a box of cards for sale at work...dont sell loads but a few. people dont realise how long it takes you to make a card! and the thin that annoys me is when they go "can you make me a card, and its got to be pink, and yellow, with a brown spaniel sitting on an armchair, make it girly but no flowers, and can you put 50 on it?" errrrm ok then ill get right on it! i just say no!

Noddynoobs said:
i know what you mean, i have a box of cards for sale at work...dont sell loads but a few. people dont realise how long it takes you to make a card! and the thin that annoys me is when they go "can you make me a card, and its got to be pink, and yellow, with a brown spaniel sitting on an armchair, make it girly but no flowers, and can you put 50 on it?" errrrm ok then ill get right on it! i just say no!

Lol I don't blame you! Even the more homemade cards are so cheap in the shops it's hardly worth it sometimes! It does make things more personal though and at least my home is moving away from looking like ikea and more like Kirsty's homemade one!
Gem

HI Gem
I would have done the same as you food wise. Im terrible at monitering my foods when im rushing here and there or tierd.

These things are always going to crop up thou so they way i think is if we let it happen and then compensate later. As the effort and energy trying to do that awkward day and foods is just exhausting.

I loved crafts a few years back, i dabbled in many odd things. Funky Foam photo frames, bookmarks and glass working.

I had so many bits and bobs left over last year i made a lovely picture with GD we used a large piece of wood and its so cute im having a box frame made for it and we also recorded the making of it so that dvd will go in the back.

I will try to look at your web after, may have to wait till next week as internet low.
The lovely reward when you finish a great project. Ive always wanted to do wood carving.:)

Im sure you will be ok tomorrow Gem
Its nice to have the Mondays as a new starting line ;) arn't we lucky!! lol:D XXX

lookingforme said:
HI Gem
I would have done the same as you food wise. Im terrible at monitering my foods when im rushing here and there or tierd.

These things are always going to crop up thou so they way i think is if we let it happen and then compensate later. As the effort and energy trying to do that awkward day and foods is just exhausting.

I loved crafts a few years back, i dabbled in many odd things. Funky Foam photo frames, bookmarks and glass working.

I had so many bits and bobs left over last year i made a lovely picture with GD we used a large piece of wood and its so cute im having a box frame made for it and we also recorded the making of it so that dvd will go in the back.

I will try to look at your web after, may have to wait till next week as internet low.
The lovely reward when you finish a great project. Ive always wanted to do wood carving.:)

Im sure you will be ok tomorrow Gem
Its nice to have the Mondays as a new starting line ;) arn't we lucky!! lol:D XXX

Hi LFM

I agree, when I'm tired I make worse choices but I could have been worse so I am learning. This week should be a bit better! Our frame sounds lovely and what a lovely thing to have the DVD with your GD! I love wood carvings. We have loads of Indian rosewood (sheesham) furniture in our flat and I recently bought a lovely bowl made out of a reclaimed tree stump!

Gem x

Well 1.6 lbs off so not disastrous but a little disappointed if I'm honest, as I put so much on during my holiday. But hey, I won't let Fred sabotage me and normally I would very happy with that. I can just see my birthday target going slowly out the window.

Still I am going to be brilliant this week , I am going to drink loads of water, record every bite of food and be active every day and I may still get there. I have 5.5 lbs to loose to hit my target by 23 May.

Come on girls, we can DO this! Have a great week everyone
Gem x

Morning Gem

WELLDONE!!!
1.6 is brilliant!:) thats a nice steady loss.

I think its great:) and match that with the extra help for the community this week, and me thinks thats a lovely bag of goodies;)

Like you, I feel a new frame of mind coming on we can DO!! this.
We've all had some good fun and quality time and now its time to kick ass! :)

(I feel like a Ninja Turtle :D)

Hello Gem

a good loss, well done..and on your birthday you will be even lighter than you are today..so its all good..think positive :D

..and as you and our lovely 'turtle mate' ;) says, we can do it, we WILL do it!

Is your birthday the 23rd? my hubby's is 22nd :eek: (oops another celebration on its way :eek:)

Have a lovely day :)

You are doing great and like it has been said you will be lighter by your birthday x

Back