Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Will pop in after work but just to say ..... Drum roll please...... 3.6lbs off.......woohoo! If I loose 2 lbs next week I will be in the 15's for my birthday!
Catch you all later x
Gem x

well done! thats great! its exciting when you drop down in to the next stone aint it?! :D

i wanted moldova to win :sigh:

am at work today, but am in a very bad mood, as boss had a go at me before i even started for something that happened on friday. I had a day off on Friday so its got sweet F A to do with me! grrr :mad:

Welldone Gem OMG what a loss, go girl you certainly made up for the weekend nibbles last week.

It is awsome when you drop a level 15s bet you will be running for the line next week!
amazing what a journey.

Noddy managers will kick ass when they have had thier ass kicked, be it by thier bosses or thier wives or thier husbands.
I have great hatred for bosses, hence i wish to be my own lol:) hope tomorrow is better for you mate.

And heres to next week when we all kick our own asses, out the window:D

Thanks so much for your support guys.....it is a small miracle but I , like Rose, have noticed more room in my clothes this week and my watch is just spinning round my wrist....gonna have to be careful soon , my rings are getting loose too!

Had a good meeting with our bank account manager this evening and we've got the pressure off for a bit which will make the financial side more comfortable and it means I can afford a couple of new bras! I'm desperate for them!

Off to catch up with everyone...have a good evening folks and Noddy don't let the ******* get you down!

Gem x

Woohoo! I can cycle today! Its the only day this week cos of meetings all over the place but I'm going to walk to work tomorrow and get a lift to the meeting in the afternoon ( which I can then walk home from) , that will help a bit.

I pushed myself to a walk at lunchtime yesterday, I wasn't meeting anyone in the park so could have easily slid but as I couldn't cycle yesterday wanted to do something! I feel so much better if I move more.

I didn't sleep well last night, too much on my mind but I'm off work mon - weds next week so will have a lovely long weekend to enjoy after a very stressful week. Something to look forward to!

And the sun is just peeking out so I'm gonna hit the road...have a great day guys
Gem x

Hope you enjoy your cycle today Gem? I can only imagine the freedom and the feeling of cycling around parks in the fresh air...must be very rewarding :)

Yippppeee to the loose clothing :D :D :D :D, careful of your jewellery though, like you my engagement ring is spinning around my finger :eek:...and I can almost reach the next hole down in my watch strap! I never thought of those wee changes until you mentioned them....so thankyou! :)

have a lovely day :)

hope you enjoyed your cycle?! when i get a job closer to home like im planning then im going to walk or cycle. cant wait to be able to leave the car at home, but im not walking 16 miles!

been for a stomp down to asda and bought a mahoosive gurt load of veg and salad. my lil arms felt like they was gonna drop off when i was walking back.

looks like we are all shrinking...im down to the smallest loop on my belt :). think it was a med/large one, so will need to get a smaller one. yay

Morning Gem
Welldone for making your self walk...last wk i was worried i was never going to start riding again and now I have i am so much better mooded for it.

Im lucky to have a lot of greenery where I live but i would trade for your harbour anyday ;).

Regarding the rings anyone who needs them you can get a platisc loop in a jewelers, they shouldnt be more than a £1.
They will stop them falling off and then maybe get reduced when finished trmming up??.

My mum couldnt get one as her knuckles have increased so the band and the plastic wouldn't slip over, if you havent got arthiritis you should be fine.

What a heat breaking loss that would be to lose something so dear.

Anyway hun its windy and speaky rain here, but milage has to be made. So im off to pedal power too:)

Have a lovely day and evening XX

lookingforme said:
Morning Gem
Welldone for making your self walk...last wk i was worried i was never going to start riding again and now I have i am so much better mooded for it.

Im lucky to have a lot of greenery where I live but i would trade for your harbour anyday ;).

Regarding the rings anyone who needs them you can get a platisc loop in a jewelers, they shouldnt be more than a £1.
They will stop them falling off and then maybe get reduced when finished trmming up??.

My mum couldnt get one as her knuckles have increased so the band and the plastic wouldn't slip over, if you havent got arthiritis you should be fine.

What a heat breaking loss that would be to lose something so dear.

Anyway hun its windy and speaky rain here, but milage has to be made. So im off to pedal power too:)

Have a lovely day and evening XX

Hi peeps

Was very tired last night so just couldn't face logging in. But I had a good day and cycled and walked round the park as usual. Came in under calories so a good healthy day.

Today I walked into work as planned and did 3 miles in 40 minutes with some good pumping music in my ears...fantastic but I was very hot, sweaty and red when I arrived! Been a good day food wise, turning down a thorn tons chocolate and some of my favourite marks and Spencer coffee roll...mmm. Glad I stayed strong!

Having an omelette with salad tonight so will be way under cals if I don't eat anything else but can have a snack later if I want one.

Rose - there is no better feeling, well one or two maybe ( grin) and I enjoyed my cycle very much as usual yesterday. Won't be long before you are free wheeling round your island at this rate! I will be careful not to loose my diamonds....they are very precious to me , not because of their financial value, more for the meaning behind them. I have removed 4 links from my watch so far and only have one more I can do! It's very close to loosing that too...lovely you are seeing it now x I find it's the little changes that really do make all the difference and it helps with that feeling of loving your body too....I mean we all have abused our bodies in various ways for so long but with just a little TLC they respond a little every day. Our bodies are amazing I fully intend not to take mine for granted any longer!

Noddy - 16 miles is a bit far isn't it? I am just over three miles away if I walk. But I choose to go a longer distance on the bike as I can take In That beautiful harbour and avoid the traffic. It's a good distance, challenging but not unrealistic I find, although people at work think I'm mad! Gurt! You said it! It's one of my favourite words and my hubby thinks I made it up! Well done on the veg, hope you have enjoyed it! I got a great deal on mangos this week at tescos - 5 big ones for £3! brill! Well done on the belt reduction , it's so nice to see a difference!

LFM - really pleased your mood has lifted! Thanks for the ring tip, I shall have a look when I'm next in town. Hope you had a good cycle!

Gem x

Well said Gem! yep, defiantely abused my body for too long and such a negative effect on my confidence and self esteem. I would have ended up 'disabling' myself if I hadn't decided to do someting about it..some poor souls have no choice other than living with disability, but i have the choice and i am taking it!

Sounds like a great day Gem, well done! and refusing the choc ...*pat on the back* :)

Thanks for ring sizer tip LFM, might have to invest in one, don't want to stop wearing my rings or lose them! :eek: ....but...ahem...cough cough...I have had to get my rings 'extended' about 2 years ago :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: , expensive and made me sad..didn't make me diet though :sigh:..so don't think i could reduce them now, or maybe it would be possible?????? they are good quality white gold bands, but i'd hate to completely ruin them :rolleyes:

Hope the sun is shining down in your neck of the woods Gem :D

Hi peeps.....well another week has flown by and now I have 5 whole days off. I must try and stay focused although, so far, weighing in on a Monday has really made a difference to the self sabotage! I do have a surprise day out on Sunday so I'm planning to weigh in Sunday morning instead of monday just this week.

I turned down cream cake and sweets today in favour of a pasta salad and an apple. Things really have been going well this last couple of weeks even though I've still been under a lot of pressure.

I even did the food shopping on the way home from work so I don't have to do it tomorrow and had baked potato with cod fillet for dinner instead of reaching for a takeaway.

Had some lovely weather today too so hopefully in for a good few days

Have a great weekend everyone and I'll pop back Sunday with the news

Gem x

RainbowRose said:
Well said Gem! yep, defiantely abused my body for too long and such a negative effect on my confidence and self esteem. I would have ended up 'disabling' myself if I hadn't decided to do someting about it..some poor souls have no choice other than living with disability, but i have the choice and i am taking it!

Sounds like a great day Gem, well done! and refusing the choc ...*pat on the back* :)

Thanks for ring sizer tip LFM, might have to invest in one, don't want to stop wearing my rings or lose them! :eek: ....but...ahem...cough cough...I have had to get my rings 'extended' about 2 years ago :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: , expensive and made me sad..didn't make me diet though :sigh:..so don't think i could reduce them now, or maybe it would be possible?????? they are good quality white gold bands, but i'd hate to completely ruin them :rolleyes:

Hope the sun is shining down in your neck of the woods Gem :D

That's what started me off Rose...I looked at myself in the mirror and just knew if I didn't do something I would be in a wheelchair if they could find one big enough! Not a choice I believe anyone would choose given the chance. I have quite a few disabled friends and I admire them immensely for what they achieve. It makes me feel very humbled.

Sun has been great thanks Rose, we are in a micro climate here and usually have better weather than the rest of the country....yet another reason to love the place!

Hope you are well and happy
Gem x

Hi Gem
Well done on turning away the nasty foods, saving up the calories for a day out i think is a good idea.
Today ive kind of done that and i dont feel at all bad.
I knew the day was coming and what to expect.
I dont want to throw the towel in our beat my self up about it.

Regarding why now...when ill I had to manage in the most awful ways, and lost so much independants but it was unseen by outsiders.

The way i look at it now is, we are all going to get old,. Its how i am in those years is what is driving me through this now. I can go into them as i was, then oneday im to old to exercise or do anything aout it and thats a down hill slope for sure. Or I could enter it helping my slef as best as possible. if its one thing that realy scares me its the thought of my Mum being to heavy for me to look after alone and I dont want that to be me. Im not having my future dictated by anyone with out a damn good fight first.

Hope you have a lovely Sunday Gem good luck on the scales XX

TADA!............I'm in the 15's!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! I DID it!

Happy birthday to me ( just three days early! )

Looking forward to a surprise day out and I'll be walking on sunshine all day! This is such a barrier for me as I haven't been below 16 stone for more years than I care to remember. I also now have less weight to loose than I've already lost so I'm over half way!!!

Observation of the day; I saw my family yesterday and finally they noticed!! Big time. I got compliments and well done hugs.....felt great. Can't wait to get into the next ...14's a number I've only dreamt about.

Let's take stock....started 315 lbs, now 223.2... So just 8.2 off and I've hit the hundred pounds off , that will be my next target. By end June ...I'm very in the zone at the moment so know I can do it!

Long term - I want to weigh less than 200 lbs by August 31.

I am going to aim to stay under 16 for my birthday week then crack on again to my next goal

Rose - my thoughts are with you, I do hope you feel more comfortable today and you are being highly pampered ( non food of course)

LFM - hope you are still feeling good and getting into your second week of the shred

Noddy - where are you? Hope you are ok

Jayde - how's it going?

Have a lovely Sunday ladies

Gem x

TADA!............I'm in the 15's!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! I DID it!

WELLDONE! thats awsome mate what a wonderfull Birthday Present for you, what you have achieved and how far you have come....very inspirational:)

Happy birthday to me ( just three days early! )

Looking forward to a surprise day out and I'll be walking on sunshine all day! This is such a barrier for me as I haven't been below 16 stone for more years than I care to remember. I also now have less weight to loose than I've already lost so I'm over half way!!!

Cant stop a Marathon once you've passed half way :D

Observation of the day; I saw my family yesterday and finally they noticed!! Big time. I got compliments and well done hugs.....felt great. Can't wait to get into the next ...14's a number I've only dreamt about.

You will do it, i have no dougt about it

Let's take stock....started 315 lbs, now 223.2... So just 8.2 off and I've hit the hundred pounds off , that will be my next target. By end June ...I'm very in the zone at the moment so know I can do it!

GOTA LOVE THE ZONE!!.come get me when your flying past :D

Rose - my thoughts are with you, I do hope you feel more comfortable today and you are being highly pampered ( non food of course) and me Rose X

LFM - hope you are still feeling good and getting into your second week of the shred
Still holding my own just about lol, still looking for the improvement rewards instead of the choclate rewards ;)

And..... i think i may of not have done the highlight colours right so will be editting for England lol

Damn I knew it lol

PS Gem what did you actually lose, can tell you were buzzing excitedly ;)

Last edited:
Well done I'm do chuffed for you! A real inspiration! I'm doing good just really busy with new job but loving it! I'm sticking to my ww plan but it is very slow but will see how things go. Enjoy your birthday! X

Thanks for the support guys!

I've had a lovely day , we went for a boat trip across Poole harbour and along the Wareham river...very windy but fantastic! Birthday treat from hubby, bless him. I watched the kite and wind surfers with jealousy as they whipped across the water and leapt into the air ...I feel a challenge coming on! If I can loose another 3-4 stone by my next birthday I will ask for wind surfing lessons! It's scary and exciting at the same time but I felt like that about buying a bike and look at me now! something to really look forward to!

I bought some new smaller bras yesterday and wore one today...what a difference they make! I have come down from a 48 to a 40 back now....brill! I can't wait to get into the 36-38 sizes as there is so much more choice in pretty bras! Hubby says he's looking forward to it too lol.

I have also bought myself a book on mindful thinking. I'm trying to stave off the negative effects I know will be coming my way in the next few weeks at work...we are introducing a new recruit system and having to dual run the two systems for a month....so I know I'm in for long days, more pressure and sleepless nights if i can't "switch off" in the evenings. I am determined I'm not going to let things slide so I am getting prepared as best as I can!

I am also intending to start a new open university course in business studies in September. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time...hey if I can loose 90+ pounds I can do anything!

Hope you've all had a great weekend

Gem x

Back