Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Evening Gem a 48 back to a 40! what a difference:eek: i went 38 to 36 and found relief! you must be in heaven.

Your day sounds lovely, I know Poole can be so active with all the extreme sports its so invigorating.
I stayed on the Sandbanks and didnt want to come home its so alive there.

have you tried meditation?
A few people have mentioned it to me recently and i havnet but i do have an interest buzzing around there, as i tend to not switch off.

Although i have nothing like your days at work, im just permenantly inner mind chatting :flirt2:

Hope you have a great sleep, dreaming of new bras and thier effects on others lol :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Catch you tomorrow
XX

hello everybody! im still alive! been v busy with work and then not feeling like going on pooter when i get home.

you are all doing so fab at the mo! you will all dissapear soon if you carry on like this! :D

am munching on some frozen grapes, that i took out of the freezer about an hour ago, it like a little slush puppie with every bite! non non

lookingforme said:
Evening Gem a 48 back to a 40! what a difference:eek: i went 38 to 36 and found relief! you must be in heaven.

Your day sounds lovely, I know Poole can be so active with all the extreme sports its so invigorating.
I stayed on the Sandbanks and didnt want to come home its so alive there.

have you tried meditation?
A few people have mentioned it to me recently and i havnet but i do have an interest buzzing around there, as i tend to not switch off.

Although i have nothing like your days at work, im just permenantly inner mind chatting :flirt2:

Hope you have a great sleep, dreaming of new bras and thier effects on others lol :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Catch you tomorrow
XX

Hi LFM

Headspace is the result of meditation so that's what I am looking at. I need it to work for me and this book is about meditating in the modern world in ten minutes a day so sounded ideal! I'll let you know how I get on! It is to dull the constant brain chatter so might be good for you too :0)

Slept very well last night due to all the fresh air on the boat no doubt!

Hope you've ad a good day

Gem x

Hiya all

There is something wrong with me! Hubby took me to tescos today and said choose a birthday cake! I looked at them all and as usual wanted something chocolatey and gooey but they were all massive and my son couldn't have any due to his lactose intolerance so I was mentally calculating the calories between two of us and just didn't want it...so I plumped for thorntons mini choc cakes at 188 cals each! Angelina is taking over big time! I've never had such a strong reaction before. Very strange but inwardly I just didn't want to undo all the good work I've done for the sake of one day! Halo is shining brightly :0)
Oh and I got some strawberries as the appealed as well! I'm sure Fred will rear his head again but I'm enjoying Angelina's dominance at the moment and marvelling at her!
Planning on a long bike ride in the morning if the wind has dropped before going over to my sisters for a birthday lunch...that's all that's planned at the moment and an even long bike ride on weds to counter any overeating I do tomorrow. If I sts this week I'll be very happy!
Have a good one peeps
Gem x

Hi Gem
Welldone with the cake:character00116: what strength and dominance!, isn't it amazing how empowering this journey is.

Its even nicer knowing its shared with others:).

I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow.
Please let me know how you get on with the Medtation.

10 minutes is nothing for me to give up, as my chatter box takes 5 hours easily, so the trade off would be great :D

Im off to bed early, as was up till 3 am watching Dexter my heart throb! on the TV at the moment:D had my course today to, and so it was soooooo not sensible:rolleyes:

Nite Nite hope you have a lovely cyle ride XXX

HI Gem

Happy Birthday for Yesterday XX

Hope all is well and you had a lovely Birthday meal at your Sisters.

Wish i was wizzing round Weymouth harbour on days like these :D
X

Thanks LFM ...funny you should say that, we cycled 28.5 miles to Swanage and back today! I can't quite believe I've done it but it was a glorious day! Freewheeling down to Swanage was just amazing but what goes down must come up again! Ow ow ow!

I had a lovely birthday lunch, ham salad with strawberry meringues and creme fraiche ....yum! My sis also made some birthday cup cakes so all good there! We went for a long walk along the harbour round to sandbanks yesterday morning and had a cuppa looking out over golden sands and blue sea....absolutely lovely.

I had some birthday money so have treated myself to an iPod nano. My last mp3 player died a few weeks back and I missed it when walking. The nano also has a pedometer so now i can record my walks and listen to some great tunes at the same time!

We did have a dominos pizza for tea which I didn't count but I think with the cycle today and walk yesterday it shouldn't be too bad. Back to work tomorrow sadly but only for two days and then a long weekend! Yay!

Had the wondrous Swanage chips for lunch so am having an omelette and salad for tea.

Keep smiling peeps!

Gem x

Wow Gem 28miles!!! you go girl!
I do 12 and think that will do lol
Makes so much difference having someone go with you, was it your hubby ? what a darling he is and congrates on the getting back up it again:):).

Your Birthday meal makes me want to cheat right now!lol

Sand banks is so dreamy shame its out of my price range:D I would sell up tomorrow!.

Hope works not to stressfull good luck tomorrow.
Catch you later x

lookingforme said:
Wow Gem 28miles!!! you go girl!
I do 12 and think that will do lol
Makes so much difference having someone go with you, was it your hubby ? what a darling he is and congrates on the getting back up it again:):).

Your Birthday meal makes me want to cheat right now!lol

Sand banks is so dreamy shame its out of my price range:D I would sell up tomorrow!.

Hope works not to stressfull good luck tomorrow.
Catch you later x

Yes hubby went with me...we are like Howard and Hilda on our bikes lol

I wouldn't live at sandbanks, it's far too busy in the summer and it's eroding very quickly! But I would move to Baiter in a heartbeat! (bit further round the harbour with a balcony view of Brownsea Island and loads of greenspace and a bit cheaper! )

Gem x

28 miles? spect your botty was a bit sore after that! we went from taunton to bridge water all along the canal path a few years ago, and it was lovely but hard work! i could hardly walk after that!

have just given in to temptation and had 4 of BF's choc crunch creme bikkies. they were yum. went and cleaned my teeth so i didnt eat any more after that lol! he ate the rest if the pack. and hes so skinny! its not fair!

Noddynoobs said:
28 miles? spect your botty was a bit sore after that! we went from taunton to bridge water all along the canal path a few years ago, and it was lovely but hard work! i could hardly walk after that!

have just given in to temptation and had 4 of BF's choc crunch creme bikkies. they were yum. went and cleaned my teeth so i didnt eat any more after that lol! he ate the rest if the pack. and hes so skinny! its not fair!

Bitty is fine...legs however are very stiff and knees...ow! Lol it's very hilly around Swanage too!
Well done on stopping when you did....I use that trick sometimes with the teeth!

Gem x

Hello Gem

happy belated birthday!!!!! :) sounds like a lovely day, glad to hear you enjoyed it and even treated yourself, well done!!!!

Wow on the cycling, you make me exhausted just reading about it! :D...you must be toning up nicely, lucky woman :)

Have a lovely day.

Really tired...extreme work pressure over last two days. Hanging in there food wise...walked home just over three miles yesterday and back into work this morning so exercise not too bad either....
Had three biscuits this afternoon...annoyed at myself but it's done now.
Looking forward to a relaxing weekend...have a good one folks!
Gem x

Well done with the Walking Gem, and the foods arnt tha bad, a few biscuits...years ago that would have een a victoria sandwhich cake ( Whole) ( or it would have been if it was me! :D )

Sorry to hear about work what a nightmare:mad: for you.

Have a lovely bank holiday wkend :D X

Hello Gem

right attitude with wee biscuits, been and gone now...and onward we go!

Sorry to hear about work, deep breaths and calming thoughts, when the pressure is piled on, take yourself to a quiet spot, shut your eyes for 5 mins, and imagine you are cycling on one of your lovely journeys, away from work pressure, stop at a beauty spot, have a 'nap'...and only 'cycle back' when you feel ready ;)

Have a great day and good luck for weigh in!

A little disappointed with a 1.4 lb gain so I've stuck my head over the parapet of the 16's again...grrrrrrrr. But it was my birthday week so not horrendous and I can experience the delight of dropout into the 15's all over again next week.

My water in take always drops at home so I think that's the main culprit and some delicious banana bread my husband made! We did eat late last night too so probably retaining some of that. Back to work tomorrow and it steps up a gear yet again, really need to keep focused on me in the evenings and ensure I fit in the exercise.

Might not be around too much in the week so have a good one guys, good luck with your weigh ins and I'll see you the other side of Friday
Gem x

Hi Gem
that little gain will be off this time next week, don't worry about it! if you can't splurge out a little on your birthday, when can you??????

Have a super week, 'see' you on your return! :)

Hi Gem - that little gain will be off next week! Glad you enjoyed your birthday. You are doing so well!!! xx

Back