Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hiya Gem and Rose
I brought leggings today ize 14 and a lovely to size 16, the leggings i wont wear with out a long shirt and i know iwould be so closer if had not side stepped this.

I wil be back on track i refuse to go back to far.

Good on you Gem chin up and on we go.

Battery low must dash hugs to all XXX

HI Gem
Hope you are ok this week, im still not on fullsteam with the healthy eating but ive come to a compromise with myself.

Untill im in a position to start properly again then i'm to stay at the 4 stone level and not break into that.

Now i feel a great wieght of my shoulders.

So 12st 9lb is my markern which im under at the moment by only 120z! :eek:. LOl but all is good in the mood and mind section

I hope your alright bud.
Catch you soon XXX

Good morning " yawn " . It's 6.50 am on a Sunday morning. Sleep is evading me as it has had a habit of doing for the past few weeks. I have insomnia sometimes but this is just waking early ...around 4 am with things on my mind.

I weighed in yesterday at 15 stone 12.6 lbs so i am very pleased with that result as, although I haven't been paying attention to every morsel that enters my mouth , I have cut out some stuff that had crept back into my diet and just approached the whole healthy living thing under my obsessional radar.. Have I walked today? Have I drunk water? tried not to eat in the evenings after dinner, cut out sugar in tea and generally stopped eating if I was full. Food has been more concentrated around nutritional quality rather than calories which tends to keep me fuller longer and more in control when the inevitable treats hit he office desk. Hey it's working ...and that's great.

Looking forward to a pile of roasted vegetables later today...dunno why, just have a major hankering!

My open university course opens on 18th oct with an official start date of 1 November. I'm really excited to get back into formal studying and have chosen a relatively simple course of 8 hours per week to start with. Means even more to juggle but I hope it will be a distraction from my boredom tv evening eating.

My son, who has Aspergers syndrome, is having a few issues at work. It's difficult being a mum sometimes. He's fought so hard to be independent that I hate to come across as an overbearing mother who plays the disability card but knowing when it's time to step in, especially as he works for the same place, albeit a different department, is very difficult. Think I'm going to have a word to an hr adviser and see what they suggest but I'm concerned about him getting the right support.

Life is wonderful really, I'm so happy in my marriage, I have a job which is challenging but interesting and I'm improving my promotion chances by studying. Why does this little part of me worry it won't last? Ho hum, forgive the ramblings of an early morning and have a wonderful week...it so quiet without our delectable Rose..hope she's having a wicked time!

LFM, sometimes life is just too demanding on our time to be perfect dieters....I think you have a great outlook there, after all, IMO, maintaining our weight loss is as important, if not more so than the loosing, particularly when life throws us curve balls. Dunno about you but food is my comfort of choice ( I don't drink heavily, smoke, take drugs or have other crutches in place) so for me, food is an addiction I can't avoid but need to manage. It's hard sometimes but I call this a journey cos I life generally is and as long as I am progressing in some area I'm happy in myself. Take care, enjoy life but I'm always around if you need me.

Have a great successful week in all that you choose to do x

Good morning " yawn " . It's 6.50 am on a Sunday morning. Sleep is evading me as it has had a habit of doing for the past few weeks. I have insomnia sometimes but this is just waking early ...around 4 am with things on my mind.

You always have so much going on Gem im surprised your brain ever goes to sleep atall:eek: lol

I weighed in yesterday at 15 stone 12.6 lbs so i am very pleased with that result as, Brilliant!... iread a great article of a cyclist the other day and its so true. he lost wieght to get started then advised " chasing the scales eventually becomes distructive, Chasing Power/Strength is the next level" and i can so relate to this, Sleepless nights through scale readings worry and what ive pt in my mouth. Where as if i was chasing my daily milage or my amount skipped on my new digital skipping rope, or my days on shredding then Im sure i would be more restfull.

Looking forward to a pile of roasted vegetables later (:jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous:)

My open university course opens on 18th oct with an official start date of 1 November. Oooo today you will be ingrosed lol Means even more to juggle but I hope it will be a distraction from my boredom tv evening eating. This has crept into my life again but its a habit that certainly isnt staying, must be hard with a fulltime job thou Gem, tierdness and all.

My son, who has Aspergers syndrome, is having a few issues at work. It's difficult being a mum sometimes. He's fought so hard to be independent that I hate to come across as an overbearing mother who plays the disability card but knowing when it's time to step in, especially as he works for the same place, albeit a different department, is very difficult. Think I'm going to have a word to an hr adviser and see what they suggest but I'm concerned about him getting the right support.
I dont think you would be over bearing, id do the same with my son now if there was advice at the front of my mind or someone i know that i can improve a situation with a crafty but hidden word in conversation. We love our kids thats all mate.

Life is wonderful really, I'm so happy in my marriage, I have a job which is challenging but interesting and I'm improving my promotion chances by studying. Why does this little part of me worry it won't last? You rock Gem so cant see much things that come up behind you and bite you on your Butt ;).

it so quiet without our delectable Rose..hope she's having a wicked time!
she is! Shes Off being Pamela Andersons stand in :D:D

LFM, sometimes life is just too demanding on our time to be perfect dieters....I think you have a great outlook there, after all, IMO, maintaining our weight loss is as important, if not more so than the loosing, particularly when life throws us curve balls. Dunno about you but food is my comfort of choice ( I don't drink heavily, smoke, take drugs or have other crutches in place) so for me, food is an addiction I can't avoid but need to manage. It's hard sometimes but I call this a journey cos I life generally is and as long as I am progressing in some area I'm happy in myself. Take care, enjoy life but I'm always around if you need me.

Same here and totaly agree maintaining can be lost so easy through depression of not achieving results.

Have a great successful week in all that you choose to do x

Let us know how you get on with HR :)XX

Well another week and The scales have gone up slightly to 15 13.8 but that's fine, I'm doing this with no real day to day thought ... just meal planning and listening to my body.

Studying is picking up pace with full course starting on 1 November. Work is just work now...always busy and pressured but i'm managing to switch off when I get home better now the project is launched. Part of my course is about managing my time, both at work and at home and focussing on tasks so I think it will be very beneficial.

I went to see a university with my son yesterday....really exciting places..so much possibility! Not sure my son feels the same lol but it's his decision once we've got all the facts for him to make an informed choice. He has ages yet...18 months to decide.

Nothing has come of his work issues and HR have said its really down to him if he wants to disclose his disability to his manager or not. So I need to sit and wait it out and let him decide...not easy! but being a parent never is...however I strongly feel he needs to make his own choices and decisions and I am just there to give advice when he wants it.

Still heard nothing on the governorship but I guess that will spring into life when it needs to. It's out of my hands so i won't worry until I need to.

Here's to another successful week in whatever you plan to do! X

Hiya :) The fact that you've lost 90lbs and seem to be managing to maintain / continue to lose with no big effort gives me hope that I'll be able to do it too

I'll bet that was lovely to go and see a University with your son! Definately exciting :D

Hope you have a good week
x

Hi Gem
Your loss todate has been amazing:eek:, and as you say you have it all in your mind to manage it ok.

Ive looked at the calendar and ive more or less done sod all for 3 months.

I know up untill a few weeks ago i was running at the Gym, but that just took off the life style i had then and the gyms gone out the window.

Its been nice thou stepping back...twas a tad worrying and stressful..but still ive lived a bit these last 3 months done spur of teh moment crazy stuff and had a wild time.

So i think fairs fair and im back on it next week. trying to keep fort in all castles becomes very exhausting.

make sure you look after you too! XXX

Hi peeps

Just poking my head up above the parapet before it plunges deeper into the books!

My open university course starts officially today. I am already about a week ahead so I'm happy. With hubby and sons birthdays coming up shortly within a week of each other life is gonna be even busier the next couple of weeks but I am away from work for a few days. Off to Exeter next weekend for a uni day school and a weekend staying in the city with hubby which will be lovely.

I have been appointed in principle as an LA governor so just waiting to visit my school and that part of my life will be up and running too!

I've not weighed in for two weeks but my clothes are still fitting well so I don't think I'm doing too much damage. I'm going to weigh in after my holiday and then get back on straight and narrow before Xmas. I do not want to gain this year over Xmas and then hopefully I'll get my usual January boost to loose some more.

I have started taking the bus to work for some extra walking through the winter months and, funnily enough, I've been feeling much less pressured at work with taking up the studying...I guess my focus has changed. I'm making a conscious effort not to do 9 hour days and if I do, cut back my hours on the next day...almost like how I monitor my food intake nowadays! Everything in balance...it's the key to life for me.

Hope everyone is having fun and I am still reading and dipping in and out to help me keep the right mindset slim keeping my beady eye on you all

Stay happy x

Life sounds so good and so interesting for you right now hun, i am pleased for you :)

You are right about your focus being elsewhere now, enjoy everything your new way of life brings and have a great week ahead :)

Alright Gov...lol

All sounds brilliant Gem, interestingly my meeting for CFS last week, they have given us a chart to record our activity and we have to find our base line.

Once you find your baseline if you do that everyday and no more then your recharge ok. If not then like a battery we never catch up.

Glad your clothes still fit , me and rose were just saying how cold it is out there LOL

Hope Uni stays good fun

Hope to read again soon of your travels to Exeter. XXX

Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear! Weighed in at 16 7.4 this morning. I'm not surprised...I've been on leave from work and I have been eating too much... Simple as! BAck to work on wednesday so know it will calm back down and I'll probably loose a lot of that in the next 7 days... But wanted to recognise the fact in writing.
I feel bloated, gassy and just generally yuck for over eating but with hubbies birthday, a weekend away and throwing a party for 18 people yesterday including baking two birthday cakes it's hardly surprising is it?
I don't want this to spiral using Xmas as an excuse to carry on Gaining so I'm going to join tescos diets today and im going to get this off quickly and hope a few more pounds will follow. My sister is doing the family xmas this year so we don't need to stock pile food and I'm working as well so i will keep busy.

I'm going to start swimming once a week before work too so that will help activity wise as well as the walking from the bus stop!

Have a good week peeps, I'll be back to record progress next Monday x

You've got a great plan of action there Gem :) any wee gain is understandable, especially with birthdays etc going on. having xmas at your sisters will be a great help, not too many naughty nibbles in your own home then :)

I've had a wee blip of emotional eating!!!..think I'll avoid weigh in this week hee hee ;)

RainbowRose said:
You've got a great plan of action there Gem :) any wee gain is understandable, especially with birthdays etc going on. having xmas at your sisters will be a great help, not too many naughty nibbles in your own home then :)

I've had a wee blip of emotional eating!!!..think I'll avoid weigh in this week hee hee ;)

Thanks Rose...
I think It was more than a "wee" gain but i appreciate your support :0) I'm certainly relieved about Xmas ....last year was a nightmare! I've posted my thoughts on your thread on your blip and I hope something there helps x

what's important for me is the gain has stopped. I'm back on a stricter plan and know I'm loosing again. My arthritis has been dreadful this week and I know that's the extra sugar,salt and fat in my diet. Having been back on the right path for three days now the pain is subsiding thank gawd..my hands have been awful!

I'm much happier with myself now and confident it will work :0)

Have a good weekend folks and for the first time in a long time I'm excited about weigh in on Monday!

Welldone Gem, if itsok im going to jump on with you so to speak, fresh start and all that.

I have binged soooo much its unreal, and i realy thought id never do it again....funny thing is the food isnt that great. most of it is tasteless up against a lovely salad and jacket spud with beetroot juice over it.

Accpet my blokes cooking which is always restaurant quality and prob where my 6lb came from!!

Good luck for Monday so glad your pains going, winter is horrid for bones.

See you soon newbie lol xx

Hello Gem :)

thanks for lovely support and sensible advice on my thread x

Wishing you a mountain of luck for tomorrows weigh in :) I've decided to weigh in tomorrow!!!! look out scales here we come!

Weighed in at 16 stone 3.8 this morning. 5 days back on plan so I'm happy with 3.6 lb off!

LFM - jump right back on the wagon beside me...there plenty of space....and I spy RR waiting at the next stop.......all aboard for healthy town!

Well done GEM!
what an achievement, many more to come im sure. Im laid up at the mo stomach bug but have lost 4lb, i think thats the lier loss value when you dont eat or drink over 24-48 hours so may go straight back on upo fluid intake

Fingers crossed thou.

So chufffed for you, massive pat on the back :)

Well another lump off and back down to 16 st 0.6 lbs.....so that's the holiday weight off...I would really like to get another 7 lbs off for Xmas ideally. I will really be back in the zone then
It's been one hell of a busy week too so I'm doubly pleased. It just shows what a bit of planning and recording everything does!
Have a great week and thanks for your unwavering support rose and LFM...much appreciated!
I hope you are feeling better LFM
X

Back