Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hi Gem
I've done my stop in for today, if i do get time i will pop back in thou to have another nose about :).

I Went on the bike today i had been leading up to it but your shove the other day helped. thnaks for that xx

And OMG how cold is it out there!! the body core was fine, but hands chilli and feet.

I couldnt wear more clothes i just wouldnt enjoy the experience.

I did 8 miles and got off the seat 3 times o do such a tiny incline that i bombed up before, also there has been a major wieght loss on my bike.... so i am in very bad shape to say the least.

Not wieght gain but fitness loss and wobbly body work.

Back to the grind stone now thou.

Monday will soon be dawning and we will all be on track soon enough ;).

Ive sussed out that what ever the out come the main thing is to stay consistent on here and wieghin anyway.

As Once i stopped it last year, I almost lost the upper hand.

Catch you soon xx

lookingforme said:
Hi Gem
I've done my stop in for today, if i do get time i will pop back in thou to have another nose about :).

I Went on the bike today i had been leading up to it but your shove the other day helped. thnaks for that xx

And OMG how cold is it out there!! the body core was fine, but hands chilli and feet.

I couldnt wear more clothes i just wouldnt enjoy the experience.

I did 8 miles and got off the seat 3 times o do such a tiny incline that i bombed up before, also there has been a major wieght loss on my bike.... so i am in very bad shape to say the least.

Not wieght gain but fitness loss and wobbly body work.

Back to the grind stone now thou.

Monday will soon be dawning and we will all be on track soon enough ;).

Ive sussed out that what ever the out come the main thing is to stay consistent on here and wieghin anyway.

As Once i stopped it last year, I almost lost the upper hand.

Catch you soon xx

Hiya...sorry was having wifi trouble yesterday and couldn't post! Well done on the cycle...it so helps with doldrums, fitness is quick to loose but also it builds quite quickly so with a regular routine, you'll soon be back to where you were. I'm finding walking an hour a day is exhausting but I know in a couple of weeks time it will be second nature and I'll be able to add in some more sessions on the wii, swim, or cycle.

I think it's about lifestyle...what is habit on a daily basis....is this positive or negative to your weight loss....then give things a little boost when you can.

Keep peddling!

Hi ladies

Lunch out was postponed until Tuesday next week so instead I walked round the lake...and had fish and chips for dinner...but it was all within plan and the calories were earned with exercise so all good.

Yesterday I had a lie in until 8 am....then went straight to tescos for the weekly planned food shop, came home to make porridge with banana and honey for breakfast....yum!

We then got some got weight training and cardio in by taking an old chest of drawers and other stuff down two flights of stairs to the local tip and walked around town for about 4 hours.

Returned to a light lunch of cheesy tortillas and sushi....have I mentioned I LOVE sushi!

We then chilled in front of a movie and I made smoked fish risotto for a later supper.

One thing I did buy in town was some guilt free snacks from marks and Spencer's , they satisfy my "munchy mode" at under 100 cals a bag..and they do a good mix of savoury only ( staying away from sugar still)

I have to say walking for over 60 mins per day ( at over 4 miles an hour) has taken its toll and I'm really tired today but happily so...joints are not playing up too badly either so all good.however it's a rest day for me...just need to go and study for a couple of hours.

I think I've had a pretty good week...let's see on those scales tomorrow!

sounds like a good day Gem, you fit so much in, you're an inspiration :) ooh smoked fish, haven't had that for awhile..love it!

thanks for lovely supportive post on my thread x

good luck for those scales tomorrow lovey x

Morning folks
Pleased to announce a loss of 3.4 lbs to weigh in at 16 6.2 this morning. Under the halfway mark in this stone so very happy with that.

Fingers crossed for everyone x

Get In there Gem!
Lower 16s awsome.

Your foods do sound lovely.
Except sushi lol i tried it once and it confussed me lol.

Realy pleased your pains have eased up, joint pain is such an overall party popper.

I heard an interesting thing on the radio.
Breaks and injuries, or over use at any partcular time that causes damage. You will suffer for the next 2 winters with aches in them.

I knew damp and cold effected mine. Some on going and more than 2 winters but amazed at how they can put a number on it??

You sound in the zone now mate so many more HAPPY MONDAYS ahead.

I lost 3lb 10oz so a well earned result all round.

Totaly acknowledge thou that it takes 2 weeks to rev up to this stuff and you cant jump start it over night. That is a life lesson that will stick with me now and lesson failures in the future thats for sure.

Hope you have a lovely jubbly bubbly day XX:DXX

Thanks Rose x

I've been really hungry today, had my lunch out with my mate but was I ok with a chicken, bacon and avocado sesame seed panini and salad...yum!

Before this I'd already had 3 cups of tea, two weetabix with blueberries, a banana and an apple and a packet of crisps and two bottles of water!

Had a jacket potato with half fat cheddar for dinner and now finally don't feel empty.! Still managed to avoid cakes today at work and have had no sugar for 9 days now. The cravings for sweet stuff are nil.

Joints have been playing up a bit today but I'm Having a break from walking so far tomorrow as I'm working locally which is
Probably a good thing.

Have a pleasant evening folks x

Hey Gem
Wow girl you had the munchies lol
I probably would of done crisps or panini.
Sorry to hear about your flare ups again, as you do a food diary may be put a star in the top corner every day they are bad and look for cross reference foods.

I know tomatoes can aggrivate rumatics.

My foods were a tad naughty hun, I had to stock up as energy was being used quickly to day,so I grabbed 1 of those 3 pack of whole meal oat cookies.
At mums there was a fish cake and 3 spicey chicken wings soooo naughty:)

2 days down hun only 5 togo XX

lookingforme said:
Hey Gem
Wow girl you had the munchies lol
I probably would of done crisps or panini.
Sorry to hear about your flare ups again, as you do a food diary may be put a star in the top corner every day they are bad and look for cross reference foods.

I know tomatoes can aggrivate rumatics.

My foods were a tad naughty hun, I had to stock up as energy was being used quickly to day,so I grabbed 1 of those 3 pack of whole meal oat cookies.
At mums there was a fish cake and 3 spicey chicken wings soooo naughty:)

2 days down hun only 5 togo XX

That's a good idea LL, I'll give the star a go! I didn't know about tomatoes...eek I eat loads of them in my recipes! .

Hi peeps

Been a few days since posting and I've been on plan, apart from keeping up the weighing and recording of everything and a couple of takeaways....oops I've been ok. I will be interested to see how the scales interpret my week!

Watching the biggest loser something struck home...it's not about avoiding any particular food it's all about nutritional education and not over eating in ANY situation. Having said that I know sugar is a trigger for me to addictively overeat so I'm still successfully staying away from that and it doesn't bother me in the slightest now.

As I've already mentioned, two takeaways crept in this week and that's not good. So this morning I went through a load of recipe mags for inspiration and we are trying four new recipes this week. I'm making salmon burgers tonight. I got bored with my food last week so time to mix it up a bit! If I loose one lb on Monday I will be very happy! I looked at my tescos shopping on the conveyor belt with pride....60% fruit and veg, and the rest all healthy wholemeal carbs, lean protein and low fat dairy. The only treats we're for my son :0) so, nothing nasty in the house and we are all set for a week of new flavours.

Have a great weekend x

Hello Gem, glad to hear you are so upbeat, and i love the *polishing the halo* moment at the supermarket conveyor belt! hee hee..not that i've had any polishing my halo moments recently! ;)

You are right about the biggest loser. it all hits home doesn't it, and makes us think!

Love the idea of the salmon burgers, how did they turn out?

RainbowRose said:
Hello Gem, glad to hear you are so upbeat, and i love the *polishing the halo* moment at the supermarket conveyor belt! hee hee..not that i've had any polishing my halo moments recently! ;)

You are right about the biggest loser. it all hits home doesn't it, and makes us think!

Love the idea of the salmon burgers, how did they turn out?

Thanks Rose...the salmon burgers were really nice and very filling! A point the recipe made was people watching their weight limit good fats too much and actually they are responsible for assisting metabolism and making you feel full....and this certainly did! After just one I felt satisfied and didn't snack so I was happy!

I do think the biggest loser is unrealistic , attending a personal training session 4-5 times a day and being locked away from temptations isn't real life. Loosing over a stone in a week is not healthy and puts pressure on " normal " people to loose too much too fast IMHO and be unhappy with the small regular losses. I don't like the " game" side of it...forcing people to vote....However, I do think the successes at the end of the programme are truly inspirational.....what I would also like to see is more follow up programmes on how the contestants are after a few years of real life without the cameras on them. If they manage to keep the weight off, then that would alter my opinion perhaps?

I find it painful entertainment to watch at times and this is the first series I'm watching from week one but I'm going to keep going with it cos realisations from the programme last week shows there is some value in it.

Keep going Rose, it's not about being a perfect dieter but about making small positive changes to tip the scales in the right direction. X

Good advice as always Gem :)..definately loving the sound of those salmon burgers, i love salmon :)

i agree, i enjoy watching 'loser' but the exercise seems a bit extreme..though it does get results..most of the time! I too watch for the transformations, i couldn't lose 9-11+ lbs a week unless i was surviving on a lettuce leaf per day. I can relate to how they feel about their weight and have a wee cry at the end when they have succeeded.

Last years loser comes from my part of the world, he was in the paper the other day, he is still losing weight has turned into a gym bunny and is doing well! An update on all the contestants is a good idea!

Have a great sunday..keep up the good work! x

Hi Gem and Rose
Ive been tapeing the biggest loser and i said exactly the same a stone in a week, very worrying as that would have no end of joy jumping right back on again.

Good infoon the good fts Gem going to have a look at them now.

Best of luck for tomorrow, a lb would be nice here to as im sure my last loss was my big one im a usuall lb a week. Id be happy to do more stone so i know its going to be hard work.

Tick tock hun catch you tomorrow. XX

Quick update....0.8 lbs off 16 5.4 lbs....I'm very happy with that! Lifestyle won over diet last week and I still lost. Back to weighing and recording today. Have a great week peeps! X

Thanks Rose and yes I have absolute clarity that this is right, for me, for the rest of my life. I'm realistic enough to know the foggies will descend at times and I will stray onto the sugar path again but as long as I'm aware what it does to me...how I react to it...and how one chocolate or piece of cake can take me days of determination fighting not to overeat I might not think its worth the aggravation! Well that's what I'm hoping!
Your lightbulb will come on and you will be the beam of inspiration leading the way again x

Hey Gem
Welldone .8 down-- is down:):)---

I'm coming off the sugar.
Had to grab something today thou felt quiet faint.
Its not easy is it getting the foods around us to balance us properley.
I dont think i've eaten enough on some days as light headed. Or im going through the detox issue.

Your in the zone now thou mate kicking ass!!! is the future lol XXX

Back