Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hi Gem
Hope your having an amazing time!
Spa and a 4 poster oh my dayzzzz.
thnakfully i dont have to go through the change, mine was overnight. I went to sleep in a nightmare and 3 days later i walked out in a normal dream if that makes sense.

Always stick on the side of caution such a good idea to viit the docs, but after wonderfull time in 4 posterbed with lots of choclate spread:eek::jelous::rolleyes:.

Hoping to be healed and fit to join you in the saddle, the cold spell will soon pass. Its already got some lovely sunny paches.

Im dreaming of the it beating down on my arms.
Im in my T-shirt gliding along MP3 playing, suns beaming and everyones busy like little ants in the sun.
Ive not a care in the world.
The daylight is at full length and theres new adventure's around each bend.

Bring on the Summer!!

XX

Morning peeps

I've had a lovely weekend and was thoroughly spoilt yesterday with flowers, Chinese and choccies. Back to earth today with a cold brewing and working in the remote office...at least I can sniffle in peace!
Get back to plan today, not feeling great so don't think I will want much anyway and back off sugar again. Might have to cancel the docs tomorrow as i don't want to go feeling like this ironically!

Had a picky taken yesterday with my huge bunch of flowers and it's looks like I've lost weight even though the scales arn't playing ball so I'm not too worried about the scales.

My next mission is to look my best for a big wedding on 15 March so lots of water for glowing skin and bright eyes, lots of veg and fruit to look bushy tailed, no sugar to loose the bloating and on the hunt for a new outfit in the next couple of weeks.

Have a good day! X

HIya Gem!
nice to see you back, glad you had what sounds like a wonderfull time.

We could be twins, flowers, choclates, chinese! and a photo with the flowers lol

No details of the 4! poster bed then;) heheheh:D

Isnt it lovely to be spoilt, i know its a mans day to, but selfishly I kind of hijacked it and took it in my mind that its mine lol

I have to pull my socks up too hun so where in it together and were in it to win it.

Its such a buz looking for a new outfit!
Makes the efffort so worth while and its such an important part of the journey too.

hope your cold gets better before it gets worse.

Cant belive how fast this week has gone!im behaving-ish the rest of this week but next week is another take control starting point (again!!) lol.

Read you soon Xx

pleased to hear your weekend went well hun :) sorry to hear about your cold though...perhaps you should have worn your thermal underwear and thermal pyjamas in that lovely 4 poster eh? hee hee

Hope you feel better now and what a lovely incentive.. a wedding next month..enjoy!

Hi guys

Well after feeling pretty rough and my naughty weekend I've gained 2 lbs again....not too bad for the amount of naughtiness! However I'm back up to 16st 6.8 so really need to focus to get down to the low 16's again for the wedding.

Throat is still a little sore but feeling better and my OU course is going well, just two more assignments and I've finished ahead of schedule even with the wedding in March.

I tried on a couple of dresses in monsoon on Saturday and one is a possibility but it's a 22 :0(. The lady in the shop said they were cut quite small so at least I fitted in the biggest size I suppose but I was mildly disappointed with myself.

Back to plan today
No sugar, more water, walking, posting in here, recording everything and lets see what happens....

I want to step up the activity once I'm fully recovered. Hubby has just joined our local gym and I'm tempted as its a good deal financially and on my way/ way home from work but i also feel we have equipment at home....I just need to get motivated to use it again! Going to have another look at the biggest loser game on the wii I think. My only concern is my joints. If I go to the gym I can do non weight baring stuff like aqua aerobics and the cross trainer. I've also been recommended to do yoga which apparently helps with the pain. I can get advice as well which might be worth it. I obviously need to do something extra to get out of this stone marker for good. Food is obviously a factor but I really don't eat that unhealthily, it's just special occasions and getting back into the focus afterwards that seems to do the damage...

I have to go for a smear test tonight...I hate having them done as I have had issues in the past and I have to go to a special clinic instead of the docs. Still, it has to be done I spose! Just hope they get it right first time...been back 6 times before " sigh".

Have a great week peeps...can I clamber back on the wagon and sit at the back please? I might be jogging after it in the next few weeks for some extra activity!

X

Update...it's a beautiful morning, I don't have to be in work until a bit later so I'm going to walk all the way to work. I won't stomp in, just a moderate 3 mile walk ontop of my lunch time and evening walks this should boost me up a bit!

Have a great day x

hello lovely :)

of course you can climb on the wagon, i've kept a spare seat next to me! :)

hope smear test wasn't too much of an ordeal, mine is due in the summer..oh joy! ;)

have you thought anymore of joining the gm with hubby? Might be worth it hun, especially if it helps with your pain. It is so easy to forget about equipment at home..i had to dust off my bike just recently! :)...but if you are paying and its wrthwhile, well why not..p.s. if there is a hunky trainer like Jess in Obese a year to change etc etc..please give me a call, i'll be on the next train!

Glad you enjoyed a nice walk today, you always enjoy your walks, so good weather???? on the way..good reason to pound those pavements! :)

have a good evening :)

HI Gem not to worry 2lb is nothing for you.
Im with you on the re-educationing of the taste buds. Whats itall about, i dont think its worth the breaks at times. The worry to get back on.
Sorry never got in again yesterday got a bladder infection and all these tablets areplaying havoc with my whole system and brain.
WHat a night mare us women have to endure.

Monsoon is lovely but thier sizes are so small Gem, do not beat yourself up on that one. I wish thiscountry would actually get thier sizes sorted as i only know of one shop true to its sizes ( as much as i can tell) and thats marks and spencers.

Gym sounds cool if it is for you, ive watsed near on£500 in total trying to get into the rythum of those places and no fresh air and no views and i just cant get with it.

You sound like you would benefit on the joint thou hun can you do a 6 months?

XX

Thanks ladies....bum firmly on the wagon this week, had 3 good days on plan coming under calorie target and doing plenty of walking.

I've decided for the time being to keep going myself but to not have any extras and step up the walking a bit as and when I feel able. If I'm honest with myself I've been self sabotaging and if I can just take each day at a time I can do it. If, in 4 weeks time I haven't lost at least 7 lbs I will start the gym.

I prefer the outdoors and am intending to get back on my bike in the next couple of weeks. This made a big difference to my stomach last year and that's what I want to work on.

Sorry to hear you are feeling blurgh LFM , hope it gets better soon

Rose, happy birthday to wee cherub, hope he has a lovely time x

Sensible thinking as usual Gem, well done you :) I remember how much walking and cycling you were doing last year. you can do it again, i have every faith in you x

have a great day !

RainbowRose said:
Sensible thinking as usual Gem, well done you :) I remember how much walking and cycling you were doing last year. you can do it again, i have every faith in you x

have a great day !

Thanks Rose..l weighed in this morning as I need to know what my weekend behaviour is doing to my weight loss. 16 stone 3 this morning so a good loss in the last 4 days. Hopefully this will spur me on to keep going when my weekend behaviour kicks in and we are oft to a posh fish and chip restaurant tonight so I need to keep on track there too.
Happy Friday! X

Thanks rose, we did! I looked at the menu before we went and planned to have the fish cakes under the lighter choices.....and I did it! I went and ordered what I intended ( this is a revelation to me!)

I decided i need strategies for going out as we are eating out more now the money situation has eased. It used to be so infrequent I used to think " ah blow it, it's a special occasion" but I didn't last night....and I stopped eating when I was full and let my son eat the rest of my chips! No dessert and just drank fizzy water. I came away not feeling bloated, stayed within planned cals, and I feel so much better for it this morning!

When we got back to the car last night we realised our central locking system has given up...we couldn't unlock the car! Luckily we could open the boot and hubby climbed in to turn the ignition key which released the locks. Anyway, she's a real old banger that needs to retire with several things we need to spend money on, so we are going to look at cars this morning to see what deals are about....and the sun is shining too! Hurrah!

Happy weekend peeps! X

well done Gem..i haven't had fishcakes for ages..hmmm, fancy them now!

Good luck with your search for a new car..sounds like a fun day..and all done in sunshine..even better! I look forward to hearing what make you decided on! :)

Morning Gem
What a lovely way to spend a sunny saturday. Hope you find a nice shiny chitty chitty bang bang that will be a trusty steed.

Well done on the loss! an the strength in the fish shop. Eating out is a nightmare i remember last year i just did salads or jacket potatoes. Its surprising though how many restaurants just do fish and chips now thou so all fried!!??.
I refused to meet mum in one yesterday! but i had egg and beans on 2 toast and theres the bread that im back on that i stopped for 2 years.
All craziness the only days that im good are when i dont leave the house and go near a shop.

Im with you on the bike thing Gem im still puttting my blocks in place if that makes sense i often think what am i waiting for but very strangly i know subconciously what im doing it for??:confused:

Hoping for a great result for you Monday then hun.
Welldone XX

Hi all!

After a totally focused weekend I've lost another 0.8lbs to make 4.6lbs in total this week. Very happy with that and shows what I can achieve when I set my mind to it!

We looked at cars at the weekend but decided not to buy one just yet....I test drove a new Toyota yaris which was lovely but expensive at 14 k!

We also walked down to the new twin sails bridge in Poole and walked across it.....we had sausage and chips on the way home ( it was over a 5 mile walk) so I'm happy I still lost! I've also been visited by the red fairy yet again!

I'm renewing my first aid certificate the next couple of days so away from the office and walking but I'll take a packed lunch so I can stay on the right track.

Hope you are ok LFM....I self sabotage too much wondering why I do it....glad you got out on the bike x

Have a good week ladies x

Amazing Result Gem, you earn't it!
Gladyour walking again, what lovely sun we have now. Its so inspiring, poole is georgeouse!
I stayed at the sandbanks once sand both sides quiet spoilt :)

Toyota Yaris sounds nice, Ive always had tiny cars 1 lasted 14 years Micra the last one 11 years Suzuki Alto and never broke down once, sadly as the Micra pogressed in manufacturer i could see how they source the cheaper parts.

There is one small car on the market that shouldnt be as its width on the road doesnt equal enough to wiegh it down to stop it rolling my lad knows the details i can ask him if you like.

XX

another loss Gem..that's my girl! :)

your walk sounds lovely..sunshine hasn't reached us yet, when it does, i'l be heading to the country park, it was lovely last spring up there!

did you ever make it to the docs? you mentioned some symptoms recently!

ooh... here's to you having a lottery win very soon and buying the car!

I don't much about cars, however my wee cherub for the past 2 years knows EVERY car, lorry, van etc on the road..and i mean every single one! His aspergers has given him some sort of photographic memory, and he only needs to be told the type once and he knows and remembers it forever after!

he even had a 'top gear' birthday cake! :)

I passed my test in a nissan sunny, and took my lessons in a nissan micra..and i know we now have a mazda bongo..but that is the limit of my knowledge! hee hee

have a great day, keep thinking happy slim thoughts and have a good week hun x

Back