Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hi peeps

3 positives for today

1. Trousers felt a little looser
2. Felt happier and more relaxed about life
3. Knee was sore so didn't go to gym but i still did my set of exercises at home this morning :0)

Morning, no positives last night so logging in early to rectify...

1) last day of work for two weeks - yay!
2) got to the park for half an hour at lunchtime to soak up the happy rays
3) ignored the call for celebration takeaway and stuck to planned meal

Going birthday shopping (45 tomorrow - gulp!) with my mum and my sister today, been a very lovely lazy morning so far and just about to have a refreshing shower, wash my hair and have a general pamper before jumping in my new car to pick up my sister.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day so far, we were planning on going to Winchester for the day but might hit the beach instead. I don't mind, hubby will finish work today as well so as long as the sun is shining and we are relaxing together I couldn't ask for a better day.

Have a good one peeps x

Hi all

After hours of shopping I have a new pair of metallic sandals, a lovely cool vest top from Dorothy Perkins and some earrings and a new skirt from wallis, so positives for the day...
1) walked for several hours around the shops - still proud I can buy from so many shops now
2) drank lots of water...it's been so hot!
3) had omelette and salad for dinner

Think it's gonna be a beach at tomorrow, might even have a splash in the sea! Have a great one folks x

Hi GEM
Happy Birthday so glad i caught you in time!!!
My lappys broke so ive not been in.
You sound as if your still in the right place hun, not getting all down about anything...taking it in your stride.
Your website is lovely and the snow on the branch is my favorite as it plays with your vision its almost 3D.
No changes on my wieght, im still sort of plodding through life in the hope i dont increase, but my friend got a job now so i will have everyday thumb twitching.... so its back to lots of get off my arse and be active days, and in the sun whoohoo.

How was the beach?

Will get back in as soon as poss hope to fix lappy tonight or at least by Monday!!
take care
xxx

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, I had a lovely relaxing day , we had breakfast at McDonald's - I stuck to a smaller portion and had orange juice so not great but could have been worse. We went into town for a bit then down the beach with a whole grain ham salad sandwich. After about three hours of reading and dozing in the sun e entry to Corfe castle and had a cream tea....bit naughty but delicious!

We came home and then went for a gorgeous Indian meal in the evening. We shared dishes rather than having one each and I ate until I was full. I wore my " pull everything in " knickers and my new size 18 dress/skirt ...wallis size 18!

Very lovely day.

Today we have been to tesco to stock up on fruit, salad and soleros! The warm weather is encouraging the healthy eating which is great!

I'm still listening to slimpods every night so I'll be back later to record my positives. Enjoy the sun! X

3 positives for yesterday

1) ate lots of fruit and salad
2) walked around town for two hours
3) listened to Slimpod

Thanks for checking in Rose...thanks for the support Jaly.

I am having a lovely chilled holiday.

Positives for today
1) went swimming in the sea!
2) said no to a pasty in favour of some sushi
3) booked a waterobia class for tomorrow morning

I bought some new specs today....gawd, I'm now mr magou myopic together with a reading prescription and a stigmatism in my right eye....£344 worth Eek! Going to try varifoculs for the first time but i don't pick them up until I go back to work on 11 June.

I'm endeavouring to do something active every day. Knee is still sore at times but I'm coping ok and have my physio appointment on Wednesday. I can't believe how tired I am from the sea swimming! I really enjoyed it but it was cold to start with!

Hopefully the sun won't disappear completely this week but I have to sayim much more comfortable in the heat nowadays. Partly as I'm not lumping so much weight around but also with the confidence to wear vest tops and a swimming costume in public without the feeling I need to cover it all up. I really just don't care what others think anymore as long as I'm comfortable and happy!

Have a good week peeps x

Three positives for today

1) went to on my own despite hubby backing out of gym visit
2) went shopping for an evening meal for my folks and family and avoided cheese, crisps and chocolates in tesco
3) prepared a healthy ham salad and fruit, merengue and WW cream for pudding.

doing well Gem...keep at it..and you are so right.. being comfortable and feeling good is far more important that worrying what others think.. ( when they are thinking nothing anyway!) great attitude and well done for shopping and avoiding the crisps etc..i struggled with that in the early days! hee hee

Well three positives today are...

1) walked for three hours around abbotsbury swannery, absolutely beautiful with lots of baby cygnets just hatched
2) been to physio and apparently my knee cap is misaligned, she has taped it in the right place and it does feel better on the muscles. I need to stop the gym exercises except the pelvic realignment and core muscle stuff and carry on with aquafit if that doesn't hurt. Totally opposite to what the doc told me, use it or loose it! Argh! However although it feels better in the muscles, the grinding is back in the kneecap with a sharp pain ....I'm going back next weds, I get three appointments apparently on the NHS, if I need anything else it's private. *deep sigh*
3) eaten healthily (apart from a handful of wine gums!)

Back