Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hi Jaly

I enjoy aquafit a lot, forgotten how much actually so will definitely go back. Knee is just an inconvenience which I have to put up with. Once the knee cap is back in place can hopefully buildup the muscle around it to stop it happening again. That's the theory anyway!

Hope you have been enjoying the lovely weather x

hope the new approach helps your knee hun,,and well done for managing to walk for exercise, it must be quite painful for you...so pat on the back Gem :)

have a good day, loving your positives.. andooh yum yum wine gums! ;+)

Hi all

My three positives today

1) refused a cake in costa coffee and just had a drink while hubby had a muffin ...wasn't hungry
2) refused to buy choccy twice today...once in thorntons, once in m&s..thought about it but decided i just didn't want it! What has Trevor done to me?!
3) went to Winchester for the ay and walked all around the city

Im weighing in tomorrow as its 1st June...it doesn't really matter what the scales say, I really hope they don't send me spinning off on a guilt trip. I will be very happy to have maintained my weight. I have my gym assessment tomorrow too and I haven't been as much as I wanted but I have done a lot of walking. I need to refocus the exercises around what I've learned with the physio anyway so I hope i won't get too told off!

Catch you tomorrow!

Okay the scales werent kind...16 11.8 ...gain of 1.9 lbs.

I was reading the thinking slimmer forums last night and there are quite a few people there who had gained weight to start with so I don't feel alone. I still believe this is the right system for me and I've been reading up this morning on goal setting as I feel this is the part of the system I haven't really got to grips with as yet. reading the posts on liftinternational.com is really inspiring. Yes I want to be slim fit and healthy, but there are so many other goals in my life it's kinda put things into perspective for me. I'm going to use the free goal mapping software to create a map. I know from my recent OU studies and a course I'm currently undertaking....prince 2 project management, that these visual maps really help me to learn, I'm hoping they will help me to focus too.

I'm off for my gym assessment this morning, to plan the next four weeks of exercise. Then we are off to see the long awaited ( in our household anyway) film Prometheus this afternoon. In between time I'm going to work online to set this goal map and really give it some detailed thought so I have proper long term, mid term and short term goals.

Have a great day ladies x

Thanks Jaly the film was interesting - not quite what was expected but visually stunning....I did have a moment as we went to tescos to get some film snacks ( yes we are cheap skates but with cinema ticket prices you could easily spend £50 for one film nowadays!) Anywho, I was in the sweet isle and I picked up 3 packets of milk bottles ( small kids size packets as I can portion control these easier) and hubby and son got a large packet of sweets each..I was feeling quite angelic ...then, as I was walking to the checkout...I just looked at this handful of chemicals and thought, NO I really don't want this. So hubby put them back for me and instead I bought a small pack of cashews (50g) size, and two other whole food snack bags. I felt so much happier inside! The thing is I know the calorie count is probably similar if not more than the sweets but it was such a strong reaction I wonder if this Trevor's influence!

I did eat two of the small bags ( it was a long film!) but I still have the other stashed in the cupboard.

Anyway, three positives for yesterday

1) went to gym for my reassessment - the instructor cancelled at the last minute so I did a 30 minute session which is all my knee can stand at the moment!
2) said no to sweets for the cinema
3) watched secret eaters where there was a lady there who I identified with. She ate healthily in the week but just had 2 or 3 meals a week which blew it all out of the water - this is me. Watching this programme is quite good, it looks at what habits we have which increase our weight. I knew that my takeaway habit is one I have to break so doing my goal map on thinking slimmer I'm going to identify that as a target. I've really had to think hard about my goals and why I'm doing this, it's obviously already helping and I haven't finished it yet!

I was going swimming this morning but on checking the timetable it's only open for lessons until 10.30 so we are going to go tomorrow instead. I am going to be creating some meal plans today which replace my need for takeaways and Look at baking homemade breakfast bars/muffins which I can freeze to take to work after the gym in the mornings. We are also popping into town to buy some smaller dinner plates!

Have a good day peeps x

Have a good day peeps!

Well done for swapping the sweets at the last minute hun, you are right about prices in the cinema for tickets..and for snacks...ridiculous

anyway sounds like a lovely family day out and you sound securely on the right track..i feel quite left out ha ha..everyone is 'listening to trevor' these days! ;).. and it seems to work!

have a lovely weekend :)

Hi ladies

What a great day yesterday!

I spent most of the day getting my goal map sorted. I can highly recommend it! For those who aren't familiar, https://www.goalmappingonline.com/thinkingslimmer

I have put mine up by my bed so it's the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing at night. For true inspiration and for the more questioning cynical mind the science behind why Slimpods work is in the three videos in the success centre. I am now truly convinced this is the way forward.

Positives for yesterday

1) goal map is completed and gave me a light bulb moment
2) ate very healthily and felt full and happy
3) planned next weeks food with some new recipes and did shopping for it online

We went swimming this morning, managed 30 mins and then had a sauna...I will be doing this most Sunday mornings from now on. I have identified I need some structure to the weekends to stop me from going over food wise on a regular basis. The recipes I have chosen are quick and easy instead of takeaways.

My short term goal this week is to stick to my timetable for food and exercise.

Enjoy any celebrations you may be having folks x

so pleased for you Gem that you've found 'the one'..if you see what i mean!!!..good luck with it, great inspirational post hun, it is going to work this time...i just know it!!! :)

Morning peeps!

I didn't sleep too well last night , not sure why but hey ho, a nytol sorted it out.

I have my tescos delivery this morning so will wait for that before popping off to the gym. I have to start studying with conviction today as I have an exam on Friday. I'm taking my project management course this week, it's quite intensive so need to hit the books!

Positives for yesterday

1) ate nutritionally well
2) went swimming
3) had a truly peaceful day and my knee feels ok. I'm thinking the swimming is better than the gym for it but I'll see how I go today.

No celebrations for us, just a new recipe of sicilian style fish stew for dinner. Have fun! X

morning gem, great positives again! x

pleased to hear your knee is coping okay..massive good luck wishes for your exam on friday, 'enjoy' studying hun, it will be worth it..but lots of wee breaks too i hope! :)

Yes Rose, breaks abound, in fact I only did about 90 mins so will need to do more tomorrow ...

Three positives for today

1) stuck to meal plan
2) went to gym
3) deep cleaned my kitchen including the cupboards to have all my ingredients sorted and raring to go for all these recipes (fish stew was ok but didn't go down too well with my son, but he did try it at least!) seem to have a lot of energy today despite lack of sleep last night!

Have a lovely evening x

Oh yes Rose and it's one of those chores that makes life so much easier, you think why didn't I do it ages ago? Lol

Morning...ok , ok, it's afternoon but hi!

I'm feeling so good today peeps. I woke this morning after a good deep nights sleep, wait for it.....pain free! For the first time in a long time I had no pain in my knee or hip...I cannot describe the relief. I don't know if it will last but I'm enjoying it while it's here!

Been swimming this morning and I did some backstroke. ( I used to swim backstroke for Dorset in my teens) I'd forgotten how much I truly love swimming. I will be going regularly from now on.

Positives for today

1) I think the nutritional diet is helping with the pain which reinforces my need to eat well
2) loved my swimming session this morning
3) have steadily increasing energy levels

Off to study this afternoon folks, need to get my slippers back out its so cold x

Good morning! Well it's 8.30am and I've already been to the gym with a great 45 minute session, showered and blow dried my hair, had a healthy breakfast of oats, nuts and berries and have prepared lunch ( well I did make it last night) of feta, courgette and quinoa salad, a fat free yoghurt and a banana. That should keep me going whilst I'm training all day!

Got physio appointment at 5.40 so won't be home until gone 6pm for a dinner of jacket potato and beans with salad.

Have a great day peeps! X

wow. how upbeat and focused are you?..i've very impressed and proud of you!

so pleased you had a pain free sleep and managed to swim too..crikey what a woman :)

thanks for words of support as usual on older children and AS...makes those worrying, sad days a whole lot brighter and optimistic..thanks again hun x

Back