Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Hope all is well Gem xx

Hope your having a fab weekend hun x

Good morning peeps, apologies for my long term absence but life has been pretty hectic!

poorly cat who has cost us a small fortune with vets and cat hospital at one point, but is better now thank goodness
two interviews, the HR sideways step i decided wasn't for me and i withdrew after the interview ( although from reaction i received they were a bit upset to say the least! )
The RNLI I was offered the post of voluntary recruitment adviser (south west) and I'm starting that pretty much immediately
Typical though, on Friday I was finally allocated a school to join as Governor so I've now had to turn that down sadly.
Mosaic art with my mirror still on the go and some presses I'm making this weekend
All on top of a madly changing work environment and feeling a little pulled around with all priorities being high and conflicting.

I'm now swimming three times a week and loving it. It gives me more than just exercise but a real sense of serenity that I miss if I can't go.

I'm still podding with Trevor daily and now listen to the chill pod which really helps me if I'm under a pressure filled day. I also pop on the fit pod if I'm resisting the urge to swim but I love it so much it's hardly used!

My attitude to food is slowly changing and I've noticed many many positives such as

Shorts I put on this morning are much more comfy than the last time I wore them
Size 20 tops are now just too big and I'm better with an 18.
I'm much happier as im not fighting the internal guilt demons anymore and despite the busy life have more energy and sharper focus, getting more done
The last couple of weekends we have been out and about daily and we are both much more active, even going out mid week for a walk on the beach
I'm hankering for healthy food and not enjoying takeaways when we do have them
I feel I'm living life to the full now...it's sometimes a bit scary as soooo much is going on but it's exciting too!

Today I've been swimming and food shopping and I'm just cooking some sausages for brunch before we hit the. Each for a couple of hours sun and sea. Thens it's back home this afternoon to complete the art presses and preparing dinner tonight. Breakfast muffins and a potato and mackerel salad to be made for tomorrow and then a good movie before bed.

Hope you are all well and happy! X

HI Gem WOW
You are one get up and go woman, greatnews reg RNLI, somehow i think you are going to enjoy that more than the schools? not sure why thou.
The schools loss fr dragging thier feet me thinks :D
As i read your thread am i seeing a crash andburn rountine.?
Maybe its me just popping in ow and again, you do so much Gem could you be wearing your self down buy maybe now pacing enough. My god women when do you breath! LOL.
Good news regarding the shorts and tops sizes and the Swimming sounds wonderfull we have had an olympic size built not far from here, my prob is i hate drying. Love the floating and wieghtlessness of it. I must get my act together and have a go.
Hope the mirror turns out nice, im sure it will!

Keep up the madness me ole mucker :D:D:D XXXXX

lookingforme said:
HI Gem WOW
You are one get up and go woman, greatnews reg RNLI, somehow i think you are going to enjoy that more than the schools? not sure why thou.
The schools loss fr dragging thier feet me thinks :D
As i read your thread am i seeing a crash andburn rountine.?
Maybe its me just popping in ow and again, you do so much Gem could you be wearing your self down buy maybe now pacing enough. My god women when do you breath! LOL.
Good news regarding the shorts and tops sizes and the Swimming sounds wonderfull we have had an olympic size built not far from here, my prob is i hate drying. Love the floating and wieghtlessness of it. I must get my act together and have a go.
Hope the mirror turns out nice, im sure it will!

Keep up the madness me ole mucker :D:D:D XXXXX

Hiya!

I think you are right re RNLI, they are much more supportive of my studies than a school would have been so I think it's karma working its magic. I will be setting up a project in August and then running t should only take one evening a week suits not too onerous.

I was concerned I was taking on too much but actually because I'm eating right and giving my body what it needs nutritionally and exercise wise it's very happy! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted now I'm not thinking about weight loss constantly. I cannot express the sense of freedom and the more I do the more energy I seem to have....I can't help but wonder if this is a slim person's life and that's the difference. Ask me again in January when I'm halfway through my OU course lol. What I do know is if I don't eat right it all falls apart so that and the swimming is key to it all.

Yesterday I had a really stressful morning at work so at lunchtime I just popped my chillpod on for 10 minutes and the afternoon was much better! I firmly believe its about having the right tools and recognising when you need to use them.

Do go swimming, the drying is a minor part of it although I must admit having short hair has really helped with that part lol.

I can't keep up with everyone's diaries at the moment so apologies for not visiting but I'll try and pop in before the weekend x

Have a great day!

hiya hun, so pleased that karma worked its magic on you and you are where you really want to be work-wise! I agree with LFM, what a busy woman you are..all this AND exercise! well done and woohoo to smaller size clothes :)

Mmmm makeral sald soubnds yummy..not had makeral for a long time :)

keep plodding and keep smiling Gem x

Just read blog! Slimpods.are great! I'm.glad you are doing so well hun, and I loved the hair! X

Well I took a conscious decision yesterday not to weigh in.

I'm feeling great, I'm eating well and swimming four times a week so really does it matter what the scales say?!

I saw a friend yesterday and she said you look slimmer, my clothes are getting slowly looser so I know I'm on the right path. Now if I stepped on the scales and I'd lost weight? I'd think " great! Now you can eat xxxx To celebrate!" ....and , if I hadn't lost weight I'd just be totally miserable and probably turn to food for comfort! So I've decided they are no longer going to dictate how I feel.

Small celebrations happened at the cinema on tues...I bought some popcorn ( sealed bag) and it stayed sealed all through the film and is now in my cupboard!
After a particularly pressured afternoon I "needed" chocolate so when the tea trolley appeared I queued up to buy a small bar. By the time it was my turn I looked at the chocolate and walked away! I just didn't want it!

I'm not denying myself anything, but I'm craving fruit and salad...this is truly weird! Its like I'm watching someone else make changes and cheering them on from the sidelines!

The best ever thing is my internal struggle of being good or bad is slowly melting and I feel more at peace with myself....a serene happiness. It's truly lovely.

Have a great day peeps x

What great positives! Saying no to popcorn and chocolate and yes to salad! Trev has a lot to answer for! :)

Back