Obsessed?

Jenna88

Gold Member
Maybe that's the wrong word but I'm just wondering if there's anyone else out there, who since starting slimming world has thought of very little else other than losing weight?
I'm at the point where I think my family are entirely sick of listening to me and I'm sure my friends won't be far behind.
I think it's because I feel so motivated to be healthy for once? Just wondering if there's anyone else in a similar situation?

I think most people get like this when following a diet. I always do! Although I see SW as more of a change for life type plan and not so much of a diet but changing my attitude and behaviour to food. I do think and talk about it a lot though! X

I think my wife must have the patience of a saint, I have literally not shut up about SW for the last 6 months!

She knows how important it is to me though and she's going to start herself in a couple of weeks ( baby due in 2 days!)

Grizzly_man said:
I think my wife must have the patience of a saint, I have literally not shut up about SW for the last 6 months!

She knows how important it is to me though and she's going to start herself in a couple of weeks ( baby due in 2 days!)

Ohhhh wow congratulations ... Can't wait to hear the good news :)

I'm the same but me and my hubby are both on SW so we love talking about it and reading recipe books together in bed lmao! Sad I know ;)

Yes I was obsessed. For the first 12 weeks I became obsessed, it took my mum asking me to eat out at a pub and me blatantly turning round and saying "no, i'm not going unless we can take our own food" to make me realise my obsession was leading me towards an eating disorder. The last few weeks I've taught myself not to be obsessive cos I don't want to end up like my best friend, with an eating disorder i can't control. In the last few weeks I have had a few days off plan, I have had a couple of chocolate binge sessions. And I don't regret them cos now I know I am back where i should be, yes I am finding it hard to get back on track properly now, but if I hadn't have gone off track, right now....i'd be dwelling to much on the diet. Yes, I need to lose weight, but I can't get the diet control me, I need to control it, it needs to have balance.

I am completely the same at the minute! I just want to shout from the rooftops about Slimming World.

After Christmas I couldn't seem to get back into the plan properly - it was 1lb off, 1lb on, 1lb off...etc. Then 8 weeks ago, something just clicked, and I felt like I was finally at the right place, mentally, to do this. Since then I've been losing each and every week.

I'm really open about my weight loss and Slimming World, and love talking about it. People at work have even been encouraged to join after hearing me raving on about it.

Afterall, weight loss is such a great journey and we should all be proud to talk about it and flaunt our achievements.

Ally89 I can totally relate to what you've said. I lost over 7 stone on SW nearly 10 years ago and got completely obsessed....still am. I now have an eating disorder because of it but I am in recovery so all good! But I really understand how easy it is to let it control you.

I got bulimia when I did Rosemary Conley. It was awful, I was obsessed by calories and it was ruining me. However I find SW so refreshing as there is no calorie counting or weighing (apart from Hex). I'm not obsessing in the same way. I talk about it a lot but because I'm happy about it not obsessed. Although my weight loss is slower on SW I'm much happier doing it this way than counting every little bite. X

Back