off plan for hols?

has anyone experienced mid diet going off plan for hols, if so how much did you gain? hoping not to gain too much and spoil all my hard work, then get straight back to plan !

I did several times. A weekend off cost me about 6lbs a time. It soon came off within a few days though back on plan. I enjoyed myself and personally it was worth it.

thanks triple,ive got two weeks all inclusive so god help me!!!!
im not planning on going mad though but prepared if i put 1 stone on?? hoping not that much though, even though i know it will come off quickly!

Hope you have a lovely time and even if it is a stone you may just lose it again in the first week, looking at your stats! Well done on your losses so far:D

has anyone experienced mid diet going off plan for hols, if so how much did you gain? hoping not to gain too much and spoil all my hard work, then get straight back to plan !

My advice is don't. I did this for 2 weeks and I've mucked around since struggling to lose every damn pound. KD warned me to be careful but I thought it would be ok. It isn't. Sorry.

I gained about 8 lbs on a week. But I did struggle before and after that. I find it really hard to get back on the program. I guess that is more difficult than to loose that weight again. Good luck on your holiday! And have a really good time!

as long as you understand a gain is inevitable, then i say go for it.

if the idea of gaining some weight is too hard to imagine, then dont.

we went on a cruise and i gained 1st 4lbs in 2 weeks. BUT i do retain alot of water and have very slow bowels (sorry if tmi lol) so as soon as I got back on plan it comes off as fast as it goes on.

I would've been foolish to think that I wouldnt gain (i love food) or that I could just be careful (it was a cruise for gods sake lol). so i just went and thought realistically 'how much fat can you possibly gain in such a short space of time'... its not poss to gain a stone of fat in 2weeks!

the rest is crap so to speak...

but at the end of the day, its a personal thing and you need to decide which route to take. the good or the bad???

good luck x

I will let you know later on this evening. I have just come back from a 2 week holiday being off plan. My WI is later.
Oh the dread.

My advice is don't. I did this for 2 weeks and I've mucked around since struggling to lose every damn pound. KD warned me to be careful but I thought it would be ok. It isn't. Sorry.

Same here. I had a couple of days off plan for social occasions and have really struggled since so enjoy your hol but be carefull.

Its so much easier to stay on track than to get back on track.

Hi, I was away there for 3 weeks and only gained 3lbs even although I went out for dinner every night. I walked a lot and tried to not eat too much during the day or pudding or very high carb meals but I still ate carbs. That came off after a few day. However, my big problem is now getting back on CD and sticking to it. Before holiday I stuck to SS 100% but keep breaking diet now since I have come back and obsessing about eating a lot and do! So it's up to you. I find it so hard to get my focus and motivation back but everyone's different.
Good luck whatever you do. But , in all honesty, I don't think you could stick to diet on holiday.

Ok, I had my WI and gained 7lbs but that was being off plan for nearly 3 weeks.

Hi, I was away there for 3 weeks and only gained 3lbs even although I went out for dinner every night. I walked a lot and tried to not eat too much during the day or pudding or very high carb meals but I still ate carbs. That came off after a few day. However, my big problem is now getting back on CD and sticking to it. Before holiday I stuck to SS 100% but keep breaking diet now since I have come back and obsessing about eating a lot and do! So it's up to you. I find it so hard to get my focus and motivation back but everyone's different.
Good luck whatever you do. But , in all honesty, I don't think you could stick to diet on holiday.

I'm actually going to New York at the end of my third wk CD. now, last time I did CD and took a break (8 weeks in), I wasn't able to get back on. I ask myself is it better to take a break earlier on? I don't really gave a choice on the date - can't put my life on hold either. My plan is to have Shakes in the am, keep bars for emergencies, drink all my water, exercise, keep a close look at the scale on WI days and lo Carb in the evenings. As soon as I get back I want to jump on the SS before i have Time to think about it!
What do you think?

I went on a weeks all inclusive and put 2.25lb on, which I was well pleased with.

If you don't want to see massive gains on hols and your 'control' is minimal then I suggest doing ss+ and then 810 for the two weeks preceeding your holiday....

massive holiday gains, following SS, are due to something called Glycogen rebound... Where the body stores excess glycogen after a VLCD because it 'fear's that you'll be 'starving' again soon... We all know that 1lb of glycogen comes with 3-4lb of water, which is why the gains that are sometimes seen are so spectacular, the best way to avoid it is to either work up a bit before your hol or try and stay with an 810 plan whilst away......

Wish I had better news....:confused:

well ive just come back from a 10 day holiday, i had all good intentions and was determined to be so good, but it all went to pot and i ate like a pig, i know ive gained because i can feel it, my cdc is on holiday now so i wont get weighed till next week, but the other problem which is a major one to me is i am struggling to get back on track 100 % like i was before i left :-(

Well I haven't personally been on the Cambridge Diet before, but speaking from diets in general (especially low carb), you'll gain some weight and you might feel a little 'puffy', but most the gained weight will just be water retention due to the carbs.

A good idea is to find roughly your BMR (BMR Calculator that's only a rough guide, mind you), then eat to around that number on your 'cheat period'.

So if your BMR is 2000 calories, then you have an 3 day cheat period where you eat 2000 calories, you haven't gained any fat even if your weight goes up. It's just water/glygogen. But remember 1lb of fat = 3500 calories, so if you ate 3000 calories for them 3 days instead of 2000, you would have gained nearly a lb of fat in that period. But 1lb of fat in the long run isn't really too much to worry about anyway, as long as you can get back on track again without letting it bog you down too much :)!

Hi - I got back after 10 days off plan and had gained 6lbs - however, went straight back on and at my next w eight in which was just five days later I had lost 11lbs...and have got back into it very easily.

Only concern is that you want to feel great on holiday and frankly - because I could feel gain, I didn't feel as slinky as I could have done...but I did have a great time which is the most important thing given that we work all year for them :)

Oh it is hard, I'm reading everyone's comments here and they're all different experiences. I've still not managed to get back on wagon and I'm 2 weeks back my holidays now. Please think carefully- it's not the gain that's the problem, it's the eating again!

I went to Florida for 10 days and have been back for 3 weeks and I gained 8lb - this came off within 5 days and by the time I went to my CDC i had lost a further 3lb.

I didn't let it upset me - I knew I would gain - I chose SO VERY badly!!

I struggled to get back on the wagon - I found finding a mini target really motivated me to get back on track - sadly this target is another trip to America (with a Vine yard tour thrown into boot!) Uh oh!

Back