Off to Ascot on Friday - what to do about the weather?

kingleds

Gold Member
I'm going to Ascot on Friday. My dress & shoes & fascinator are all sorted. Now the weather looks like its going to chuck it down all day :mad:

What do I do? I haven't got any wellies, plus they will hardly be in keeping with the outfit, I don't have a coat that even remotely goes with the outfit. But i don't want to drown either! I have a black umbrella (my dress is red & accesories are black so that should go)

Any ideas that don't cost the earth?

You can get poncho's from the pound shop :p .....no sensible ideas sorry!

I was gonna say the same thing. Clear plastic, it will match well.

Yes I think a poncho is a good idea, could you possibly take a pair of flat/spare shoes just in case your shoes get all muddy.

Enjoy & hope it doesn't rain. X

Email an article to a friend | Mail Online You may want to read this as they seem to be having some strange crackdown on fascinators the fashion police are going to be in force according to the DM.

Hope the weather stays dry for you

Im rubbish at putting links to articles hope this takes you to correct one.:rolleyes:

peggypig said:
Email an article to a friend | Mail Online You may want to read this as they seem to be having some strange crackdown on fascinators the fashion police are going to be in force according to the DM.

Hope the weather stays dry for you

Im rubbish at putting links to articles hope this takes you to correct one.:rolleyes:

Yeah, in the royal enclosure, but not in the grandstand, which is where we are going to be.. My fascinator is big enough its classed as a headpiece of more than 4 inch diameter anyway, so I'd be okay in the royal enclosure.

You need to know you will not be cold either Kingsled. Nothing worse than cold and wet. Do you have a pashmina as well ?? If you do at least you can cosy up in that.

Asda have this little black coat for £15

kingleds said:
Yeah, in the royal enclosure, but not in the grandstand, which is where we are going to be.. My fascinator is big enough its classed as a headpiece of more than 4 inch diameter anyway, so I'd be okay in the royal enclosure.

Ooo I'm off to the grandstand on Thursday and I have no idea what I'm going to wear EEEKKKK

Back