Off Topic - but lifted my mood! New hobbies?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Jayellekay, 21 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    So I have been in a really low mood since I hit my midweek blues in week 2. I'm now in week 4, and finding it hard to stick with the SSing....but I actually think I have started losing weight again - which is good news at last! It helps to keep me motivated!!

Now my mood is a little lighter - I just thought I'd share something 'off topic' with you. A few weeks ago I got invited to an online lottery syndicate. Its really paying off - so if anyone's interested....I'll give you the details.

Don't want to offend anyone - so if you want more info...just send me a quick mail - with your email address.

I seem to have taken on all sorts of new projects/hobbies, as now I'm not eating - I have more time to fill - to avoid me watching my boyfriend eat!

Anyone else have any new hobbies??

My mum bought me a knitting kit for christmas. I hid it in the back of the cupboard for a 'rainy day'. I might start that soon...unless anyone has any ideas I can adopt for keeping my mind off food?

Any suggestions??!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I'd suggest scrapbooking: a great way of 'telling your story' using all your old photos presented in a beautiful, personal way.

Here's a link to a website where you can see some examples. (You have to register but as far as I'm aware it's quick and free) :)

4. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    My new hobby is baking. I can't stop! My cupboard is now full of every ingredient ever invented and I'm baking goodies every day. Total madness really when I can't eat them! What a strange hobby to choose. People at work are enjoying the results though, lol.

5. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    I love knitting when it gets to this time of the year - when the temperature drops!

Keeps my mind occupied!

Got some gorgeous knitted coat patterns from the USA - found them on Ebay - and they are stunning. Can't wait to start one!

6. katona

katona Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    I've signed up for a badminton class at the local adult education college, starting on Wednesday.

7. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    Baking?! Mmmm...not sure I will be able to cope with the temptation!!!

8. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins

....is that some kind of trick to make everyone around u fat while u get nice and slim lol. well done with not being tempted by ur own goodies... :D

9. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

i got right into the baking thing when i started cd, it seems to have gone off abit now. The result was that my sister in law (who lives with us) put on 10lbs - oops! she was too skinny anyway! lol

I am thinking of taking up horse riding again - havent done it for years but may go next week.

Also, i really want to start scrapbooking - cant see that link - anyone know of any sites or books that give a real beginners guide because i have no idea how to start.

I've also signed up for a jewellery making course which starts next week.

This diet makes you refocus on all areas of your life dont you think?

10. spooky

spooky Banned

I do cross stitch, but I have done it for about 15 years... simple patterns to start with, but now the more complicated the better!:D

11. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Ooops! Forgot the link didn't I! :eek:

Welcome to UKScrappers<hr> - UKScrappers

12. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

thanks for the link. Just need to sort out all the rubbish in my office so i can get started!

Just booked my riding lesson for next week!

13. Sarah M

Sarah M Getting the hang of this

I have taken up card making, i love it! I started on christmas cards last week and im also going to make my own christmas crackers aswell.

14. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    ive just got a new pet african grey parrot, its like having a new baby in the house he takes up loads of my time now, hes only 5 months old and never shuts up(mainly whistles but does say hello) before that i used to do loads of cross stitching, only do it now when i can be bothered :D

15. lancslass53

lancslass53 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(26.27%)
    Diet:
    CD
    forgot to add just bought a new push bike so off for cycle rides as well

16. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

i want to get one of those child seats to put on the back of my bike so i can take my little boy out. It is very hilly round where i live though so i would probably end up pushing him most of the time!

17. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Well i've been sorting through the CD's of all the photos i've got , still got loads more but i'm making up a folder and putting all the photos i want to take to the shop to be printed , and put it all in a scarp book , of my kids and family ... I think thats going to take time . I've done one of my older boys just got to update the ones i've got over the last 4 years now . All photos these days are on CD s and you cant flip over the book ... you have to turn on the pc and really you hardly do that . So thats my task , russiandoll i'll have a look at that site too . Think that will keep me busy :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. MsJMC

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    ok russiandoll i'm at the site now , looks really good .

20. Dub07

Dub07 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.84%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Cruise
    I want to find sugar-craft lessons locally. I don't actually like sweet stuff as much as savoury ironically, but I love modelling (as in with icing & stuff - duhn!).

21. MsJMC

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    sounds interesting Dub .. But i can't be around that at the moment hehe

22. Dub07

Dub07 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.84%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Cruise
    :D
    Isn't it funny? I could do the sugar thing all night without temptation, just total absorbtion in the finicky detailing, colouring & stuff. Put me near pasta & parmesan though and baton down the hatches!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.