Off Topic - but lifted my mood! New hobbies?

Jayellekay

this time - the last time
So I have been in a really low mood since I hit my midweek blues in week 2. I'm now in week 4, and finding it hard to stick with the SSing....but I actually think I have started losing weight again - which is good news at last! It helps to keep me motivated!!

Now my mood is a little lighter - I just thought I'd share something 'off topic' with you. A few weeks ago I got invited to an online lottery syndicate. Its really paying off - so if anyone's interested....I'll give you the details.

Don't want to offend anyone - so if you want more info...just send me a quick mail - with your email address.

I seem to have taken on all sorts of new projects/hobbies, as now I'm not eating - I have more time to fill - to avoid me watching my boyfriend eat!

Anyone else have any new hobbies??

My mum bought me a knitting kit for christmas. I hid it in the back of the cupboard for a 'rainy day'. I might start that soon...unless anyone has any ideas I can adopt for keeping my mind off food?

Any suggestions??!

I'd suggest scrapbooking: a great way of 'telling your story' using all your old photos presented in a beautiful, personal way.

Here's a link to a website where you can see some examples. (You have to register but as far as I'm aware it's quick and free) :)

My new hobby is baking. I can't stop! My cupboard is now full of every ingredient ever invented and I'm baking goodies every day. Total madness really when I can't eat them! What a strange hobby to choose. People at work are enjoying the results though, lol.

I love knitting when it gets to this time of the year - when the temperature drops!

Keeps my mind occupied!

Got some gorgeous knitted coat patterns from the USA - found them on Ebay - and they are stunning. Can't wait to start one!

Baking?! Mmmm...not sure I will be able to cope with the temptation!!!

My new hobby is baking. I can't stop! My cupboard is now full of every ingredient ever invented and I'm baking goodies every day. Total madness really when I can't eat them! What a strange hobby to choose. People at work are enjoying the results though, lol.

....is that some kind of trick to make everyone around u fat while u get nice and slim lol. well done with not being tempted by ur own goodies... :D

i got right into the baking thing when i started cd, it seems to have gone off abit now. The result was that my sister in law (who lives with us) put on 10lbs - oops! she was too skinny anyway! lol

I am thinking of taking up horse riding again - havent done it for years but may go next week.

Also, i really want to start scrapbooking - cant see that link - anyone know of any sites or books that give a real beginners guide because i have no idea how to start.

I've also signed up for a jewellery making course which starts next week.

This diet makes you refocus on all areas of your life dont you think?

thanks for the link. Just need to sort out all the rubbish in my office so i can get started!

Just booked my riding lesson for next week!

I have taken up card making, i love it! I started on christmas cards last week and im also going to make my own christmas crackers aswell.

ive just got a new pet african grey parrot, its like having a new baby in the house he takes up loads of my time now, hes only 5 months old and never shuts up(mainly whistles but does say hello) before that i used to do loads of cross stitching, only do it now when i can be bothered :D

i want to get one of those child seats to put on the back of my bike so i can take my little boy out. It is very hilly round where i live though so i would probably end up pushing him most of the time!

Well i've been sorting through the CD's of all the photos i've got , still got loads more but i'm making up a folder and putting all the photos i want to take to the shop to be printed , and put it all in a scarp book , of my kids and family ... I think thats going to take time . I've done one of my older boys just got to update the ones i've got over the last 4 years now . All photos these days are on CD s and you cant flip over the book ... you have to turn on the pc and really you hardly do that . So thats my task , russiandoll i'll have a look at that site too . Think that will keep me busy :)

ok russiandoll i'm at the site now , looks really good .

I want to find sugar-craft lessons locally. I don't actually like sweet stuff as much as savoury ironically, but I love modelling (as in with icing & stuff - duhn!).

sounds interesting Dub .. But i can't be around that at the moment hehe

:D
Isn't it funny? I could do the sugar thing all night without temptation, just total absorbtion in the finicky detailing, colouring & stuff. Put me near pasta & parmesan though and baton down the hatches!

Back