Office Workers

Hi all you office workers.

I'm just curious how much you guys eat during a working day. Our work kitchen is tiny and not always left clean. So I try to be prepared with pre made lunches. But I snack a lot. I'm not sure if this is hunger or boredom. I sit down for most the days, but always go out on my lunch either to the shop or a walk. Just for 15 mins.
I lost almost 40lbs on ww last year so I know I'm not overeating. I just want to compare (I start slimming world tomorrow btw)

10.30 - banana
11.30 - some sort of cereal bar
Lunch - always make something - salad/pasta/rice/smaller portion of last nights meal/jacket potato + pack of crisps most days
2ish - apple
3ish - Grapes or melon
4ish - yogurt

Then I have a workout after work and eat my evening meal about 7. I know I'd be on plan always but I really don't know if I'm routine eating or actually hungry. Those times are guesses. But that's the general pattern.

I'd say that sounds ok - eating little and often is usually good! I'm new to sw though so i can't claim to be an expert

Hi sww... That looks fine to me bug I guess you'd need to see what your losses look like. I have a microwave at work so have two scrambled eggs around 10am (I just don't eat first thing- never hungry and don't have time at home). That keeps me really full for a few hours as its a pure protein meal. If I go to the gym at lunch I have a banana before I leave then chicken salad followed by yoghurt and fruit around 2.

I am rarely hungry after that but I have a couple of alpen lights after my evening meal as I like to snack after dinner so I'm having roughly the same as you overall. I think you'll do great with sw x

I work in an office Hun, I have to take my own food as we do not have kitchen facilities we can use only a canteen to buy from.
Feel free to check out my food diary, the link is in my signature. Hopefully we can all share some ideas with each other xxx

I usually just take seconds of whatever I made for dinner. Gets me some odd looks sometimes! Hehe

I work in an office, and actually find I eat less when I'm at work as I'm usually really busy and don't have time to be bored.

On my way into work on a morning I usually call into tesco and pick up some fruit for breakfast - usually have this about 10am. If I'm still hungry, or just fancy something, I might have a cup of tea and a HiFi Light at about 11am.

At 12pm I leave my desk and go for a walk - usually for 20 minutes or so. Then when I get back I have my lunch, about 12.30pm. I usually have Finn Crisps topped with Low Low, or if I'm particularly hungry I might have a jacket potato with cheese, baked beans and salad.

I finish work at 4pm, so usually get home around 4.40pm. It really depends how hungry I am as to when I have my tea, but it's usually between 5.30-6.30pm. I will have something like pasta bake, which keeps me full for the rest of the night.

Usually between 7-8 I'll have a hot chocolate and a HiFi, just for something sweet while I relax and watch the TV :)

Hi I too work in an office,I have a microwave here so I usually take left overs from the night before ie chilli or cottage pie spag bol . My problem is I finish work around 2.30pm and get my son from school but my husband doesnt get home till 7pm so I find im hungry late afternoon probably boredom more than anything else. I try and save my HEB so I can snack on cereal or Alpen lights before dinner. Its a struggle though. I think it would be easier on me if I worked full time.

I think that looks fine!

I work in an office too and my day goes like this.

730am - 2egg omlette with mushrooms, baked beans & a cup of tea
930ish - banana
11ish - pear
1215 lunch - chicken salad & mugshot, melon & apple.
3ish - Mullerlight.

Finish work at 4 and have tea about 5/530. I'm usually not hungry after my tea but if I am I always have my syns or a hea/heb.

i'm beginning to doubt myself now, am I eating too much?

My work day tends to look like this:

In work for 7.30am. Breakfast of fruit, cereal & yogurt or baked eggs, or an omelette (make the night before & heat up when I get there.

Mid morning: a piece of fruit or some carrot sticks

Lunch: something leftover from the night before. I use a food flask as it means no need to microwave & also helps with portion control

Mid afternoon - but only if I'm hungry - a piece of fruit

Home for 7: gym or SW 4 nights a week till 8pm then dinner.

I tend to get to 9pm & realise I'venot used any syns so will have a hot choc options with squirty cream or a glass of wine.

How is the omelette heated up kingled??!

i always end up with fruit or cereal for breakfast as I eat at work and I do get a bit bored. Might be nice to make a veggie omelette that I can microwave if its not too bad reheated.

I poached eggs this morning at work in the micro. I just use the cling film method in boiling water and its lush. I dont have a microwave at home so its really handy in the office .

I too dont get hungry in the morning when I leave home at 6am.

9am - Alpen Light Bar (HEX B)
10.30am - Banana
12pm - Jacket potato with beans and babybel light/Pasta n sauce mac n cheese packed out with chicken or ham and veg/left over spag bol etc.
2pm - Apple and Muller Light
4pm Babybel (HEX A), Alpen Light Bar

6.30/7pm-8-8:30pm Gym

9pm - Dinner

I know dinner time is late but it is the only time I can have it.

We have a microwave in our office kitchen so like someone else said i just have left overs from the night before, i have fruit for breakfast with a yog or fruit as a snack and an alpen light in the afternoon

Hi

What you are eating sounds good to me...

I eat breakfast at 6.15ish (2 weetabix, strawberries, and chopped banana) before I leave for work - I'm usually rushing in the morning and dont have time to cook, and usually end up eating it in between getting everything else ready!

Then usual day goes
7 - Start Work
9 - Mullerlight
11ish (banana and/or bag of quavers depending on if im feeling hungry)
12.30 - Lunch - usually jacket spud heated in microwave with cottage cheese / tuna and sweetcorn and salad on the side or left overs of last nights pasta dish
2ish - Fruit (and quavers if I didnt have them earlier)
3pm - finish work

Dont usually have evening meal until 6.30/7ish so may have a slice of ham or grab a banana when I get home as im busy with walking the dog / going to the stables / dog training etc.

I like to eat a lot at work - One, because I can - Two, because if i allow myself to get hungry and dont take lots with me im likely to raid the vending machine and Three, because I dont get to eat main meal until later

We only have a microwave and v small fridge at work - I tend to make my spud there but you could cook it at home and just reheat in microwave.

Hope that helps!

Heya! I don't work in an office but I pick all day!!! :)
7.30am: porridge with soya milk
11am: banana with soya yoghurt
2pm: soup or pasta with veg and rashers (fat removed). And 2 mandarins.
4-6pm: crackers-am supposed to be working so I keep them in my pocket to nibble on!!
6.30pm: sweetcorn or baby tomatoes
7pm: dinner-usually rice with some meat/fish/chicken and veg.
8.30pm: more mandarins :) and maybe a cereal bar
Wow that's a lot when I write it down!! :)

start at 8;
always have water on my desk all day - prob drink 3/4 lires between starting work and going to bed.
8.30amm: banana
10.30am: fruit, yoghurt
2pm: lunch, usually wither leftover dins, or mugshots/soup with more fruit/ yoghurt
3.30pm: diet coke
6 - 7pm : dinner time, and i mis my days with chicken/meat and pasta dishes!
and if i feel picky later int he evening i have either 4 x haribo or half kitkat.

Glad to see other office workers that seem to be eating similar to me. I dont have a microwave (wish we did!) and no canteen or anything. Before SW I'd walk to Budgens and get a meal deal everyday, no wonder I put on weight!
Depending on how rushed I am in the morning:
7.30 - fruit and yog/egg and bacon sarnie/cereal and milk
9.30 - HEX B of hifi or alpen lights or syn them if Ive used HEX B
10.30-11ish - A low syn bag of crisps like WW or space raiders
12.30- lunch of salad/last nights leftovers/mughshot. Plus a muller light
2.30 - apple and clementine.
I get home at about 6 and cook straight away. I'm normally ravenous by this point thought! Sometimes my OH will have cooked it so eat asap!
If I have syns left I'll have a hot choc or low syn treats at about 8 or 9pm.

Back