Official weekly weigh in.

(tidings of great joy? it certainly gave me great joy eating the contents of my now flabby telling the story tum!)

Excellent!

To be honest, right now, I could well be "in" (after 3PPs, 1PV, and now a PP)... cos I had to get a proper handle on my bad behaviour.

But what to do now? I'm finishing work and off in 10 mins so can't ponder too much at the moment, but I am uncertain as to how to proceed...

depending on what you've got coming up socially, maybe set yourself a cruise pattern and stick to it?...as attack can last as little as a day, maybe try following the same pattern as me and vicky and see what the scales show next week?....

Sorry I wasn't very clear... I've done this part of the diet numerous times correctly (the weekend lapses are more recent, and probably caused by frustration initially because each time I get to 71K, I stop losing.)

Having never really stabilised my 70K gain, I've seen my weight climb on Conso several times*, so I'm looking to go at the last stone differently this time.

I've not eaten carbs "normally" for many many years - either low carb dieting or bingeing, so I've been looking into a more "normal" way of losing the last stone... rather than keep going down without carbs then go back up again as soon as I see them again...

Some of your comments ring in my ears Sarah too (particularly re listening to one's "hunger" calls... rather than "filling up" as I tend to do just that as I know it "helps" prevent my eating disorder rearing its ugly head.)

The French official site, when you sign up for coaching, has a disclaimer about this diet not being suitable for people with eating disorders... I ignored it (obviously).

I am working on the head stuff... and, as I said, I'm constantly learning and a lot of all of your comments help a great deal, even if I don't say anything at the time... they're in my head whirrring around...

* obviously the above discussion ignores the fact that this year I've press on the "auto sabotage" button regularly...

Hi Jo

I've been having a few of the same concerns tbh, I was very worried that on reintroducing carbs I would gain the weight back on...I know I probably shouldn't say this, but.... I think the odd cheat "helps" from reading various posts, it seems to me like on low carb it helps stop you going off the rails in total (kid in candy store effect) and I think means your body has less of a weight gain aftershock when you reintroduce....

I've been no saint on this diet...failing on my first attempt and occasionally having little cheats, admittedly no takeaways or wine as in the case of others...but just little bits of carb naughty to "test" what the scales do with it... I think it helps with leptin levels and thus weight loss over all... we'll see :)

As with last night I succumbed slightly (wont be posting up yesterday's menu :)).... but today still a loss but probably less than if I hadn't indulged... but I'm ok with that - slow and steady wins the race :) less of the yo-yo effect for me...

*hastens to add this is not advice for everyone - all metabolisms are different, everyone has different levels of the hormone Leptin and we're all prone to different levels of water retention (phew).... now awaits the backlash :)

last word: the way I see it for me, is that I'm consolidating over a couple of days, if I can maintain the same weight after a naughty, but whilst still in cruise... the pp days then take care of the next couple of pounds :)...

experimentation

(No backlash from me!!) Let me know how you get on...

It's not easy talking openly on this forum about this stuff, because I know that my problems are different to most. I'll continue pondering, and adding in whatever it takes to keep me out of ketosis because I don't think I should allow myself to keep abusing it.

Perhaps by PM some time.

noticed something interesting... having never done "strict" low carb before... would you agree.... that bingeing is worth after dukan?.... observation on myself is that I seem to go NUTS....

Where I'm concerned, having pretty much dieted or binged most of my life, I wouldn't say I've noticed any difference...

What this diet has "taught me", is that after a slip up, a few PPs can undo a lot of damage quickly... but it's all playing with the water of course so I'm taking that crutch away from myself... wobble I might, but futile playing with water weight methinks...

So I'm back at thinking that, for me, because I've done this bit soooo many times before, doing it slowly WITH carbs is probably better for me... weekdays sticking to PP/PV though.

Should I presume that your Sunday wasn't a good one - and perhaps should we take this conv elsewhere?

WI for me today!

Lost 1.3 kilos! Didn't expect as much, seems a lot. BMI is now 24.something. I am at a healthy weight, yippeee.:D

Yayy well done Laura xxx

Well done Laura! That's excellent!! And your BMI is great!!

Pickledonion - how tall are you? And your goal weight is? If you go to "User Cp", at the top of your screen left hand side, you could possibly fill in your information so that we don't keep asking your information. It's great when you have to update it each weekly weigh in too!

well done Laura go girl !!!!!

Mine today was 189lbs bit dissapointed as yesterday i was 188 and i have not cheated but I think as totm is looming in the next few days it could be that .On the upside I actually got into 2 pairs of jeans that have not gone near mr for yrs last night so thats a bonus and any loss is good

Back