Official weekly weigh in.

I'm a NE (Scotland) girl too, I think there are a fair few similarities in expressions. I'm sure I'd understand a lot of your 'Geordie' words and you'd probably understand a lot of Doric!

Fab news on the gain - well done:D. (Can you believe I'm typing that on a diet forum?:))

fantastic DD, well done - i knew you could get it back!

1 1/2 off for me this week, weird - nothing all week then half yesterday and 1lb this morning. still i'll not complain! :D

well done emm hun your getting there

Lost 5lb in my attack phase :) feel great about it. Bring on the veg!

well done hun good start

I'm a NE (Scotland) girl too, I think there are a fair few similarities in expressions. I'm sure I'd understand a lot of your 'Geordie' words and you'd probably understand a lot of Doric!

Fab news on the gain - well done:D. (Can you believe I'm typing that on a diet forum?:))

Thanks, everyone. It does feel really weird, and somehow wrong, to be celebrate the gaining of weight! :eek::D

Laura - Yes, there was a lot of fraternisation between Northumbrians and Lowlanders in the old days, so Scots (rather than Gaelic) is very like the Northumbrian dialect in many ways, and we Northumbrians picked up some words and phrases from your southern compatriots in return.

That's the first time I've needed a translation of a written Northern expression, I think... (but if I met you guys 'live', I might well need subtitles ;)).

Well done Emma! There's a lovely surprise!

oooh Natty too! Well done!

That's the first time I've needed a translation of a written Northern expression, I think... (but if I met you guys 'live', I might well need subtitles ;)).

Well done Emma! There's a lovely surprise!

Naw, you'd be okay. My grandma trained me to "speak properly" when I was a little girl so my Geordie compatriots all tell me that I sound really posh and not very Geordie at all.

We could always fall back on French, Jo?:p

I mainly speak 'proper' English because our parents did with us, so you'd all be able to understand me!

Anyway, back to business (as it were). Well done on excellent WIs Emma and Natty - great results for both of you!

STS for me this week

anything different Mouse? or just one of those weeks?

I think the weekend away on rugby tour eating hardly anything didn't help!! All I managed were a couple of burgers sandwiched between sticks of celery (how mad did I look at that BBQ!!??) and a few sausages, all weekend! Then ate for England when I got home Sunday night before my Monday am WI.

but you didn't, and that's what counts!

Check out my signature if ever sad at a STS... I had a lovely month of March!

Back