Official WI today - not a happy bunny :-(

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by scarymary, 5 January 2009.

1. scarymary

scarymary Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Im a newbie to ww :D. Ive started being good today and am joining a class on wednesday. Are there any challenges/teams that I can join?

Im looking forward to getting to know you all.

2. Anna_B

Anna_B Well-Known Member

Hello & welcome! I hope your class goes well on Wednesday.

If you want to join a team have a look here....

Weight Watchers - Teams - - Weight Loss Support Forum

There is a valentines day challenge that can be found here....

And a 100% for 100 days challenge that you can learn more about here...

You can do all 3 or none at all depending on what you want :)

WW is a great plan, good luck!
  3. CCPM

CCPM Maintaining

Hi and welcome to minis

4. scarymary

ooh thanks girls. ive joined the valentines challenge and i added my name for a team. cant wait to get going now!
  5. mrs.jk

mrs.jk will beat the bulge!!

Hi and welcome and well done for joining ww, I have gone back to the ww plan today also :) Good luck xx
  6. Ariana

Ariana Jellybean

Hi and welcome to minimins, and good luck with your weight loss!
  7. blackwidow

blackwidow Well-Known Member

welcome to WW - its so easy you could do it with your eyes shut :) good for you for joining the teams / challenges etc.. theyre defo worth it for the motivation factor :)

good luck with your first week anyway :) xxx
  8. smilerjen

smilerjen Has the power of the horn

Hello!!!!! Good luck!
  9. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Well-Known Member

Hello, welcome and good luck with your weight watchers journey xx
  10. Karenlou

Karenlou Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. shout up if you want any help, support etc x
  11. Tanari

Tanari 100% Focused

Welcome to WW and good luck on the week ahead.
  12. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

13. scarymary

Im only just getting to log on now and Im overwhelmed by the support already! Official weigh in is lunchtime tomorrow so Ill keep you all posted. Im actually not too sure what I weigh. We sign up in work to do 8 week blocks so I aim to loose 10lbs in my first 8 weeks.

Im just about to order a vibro plate too....anyone used these before?
  14. blackwidow

blackwidow Well-Known Member

are they those vibrating machines you do exercises on? they had them on that gillian mckeith thing and the people who used them lost loads of inches! :)
  15. Less Rotund One

vibro plate?

Are those those things that are like using a pneumatic drill?

Seem really weird to me - would be keen to hear how it works - apparently though they do work and are very good at upping your metabolism
  16. scarymary

Ok so I havent recovered from my official weigh in yet :wave_cry:

I officially weigh 15 stone 8lbs! I cant believe it. I feel as big as a house.

Im doing ww in work so its an 8 week plan initially. I plan to loose 10 - 14 lbs in this 8 weeks.

Ive 8 months to my wedding but my sister said realistically Ill only loose about 16lbs in that time?? Surely more?
  17. lea8198

lea8198 Well-Known Member

You sure can!!!! You can lose as much as you want to in 8 months :D I have lost 25lbs in 4 months. You can do that and more I am sure :D

Loads and loads of luck!
  18. Jax123

Jax123 Well-Known Member

Your first few weeks losses can be a lot more than 2lbs but after that they tend to be 2lbs or so. Up your exercise and stick to your points and you'll be fine! Good luck x
  19. Less Rotund One

Like Lea says (and she is living proof!!) you can lose way more than 16lbs in 8months - that would amount to only half a pound a week

Even at 1lb a week it would be 32lbs or so and with a concerted effort, you could do more than that

Set realistic but stretching goals - some mini targets like activity points goals etc and you'll soon be well on your way.

Good luck xx