Officially a Lighterlifer

and on to day 2..

all things considered things went very well yesterday and I wasnt really tempted by anything, even the caramel shortbread my sister accidently waved under my nose

So its onwards and upwards (except the weight) from here

:worthy:Really well done TOTI, keep it up you seem to have the right attitude.

That's great to hear TOTI, keep it up and those pounds will soon be gone :)

Well done TOTI, Definitely experiment with when you eat. I never have anything til lunchtime cos I find I like to eat at teatime so I have more then... I like to have crisps to dip in my soup ya see!! Your tastes definitely will change. I couldn't eat the chocolate pack to start with but I do now!! Good luck with the rest of your week x

Yippee! Its day three and Im feeling fine, was a bit worried about this as it seems that a few people start to feel rough about now but so far Im going strong.

Holding firmly onto my wooden desk I can say I have no headache no nausea etc and Im so relieved. This is sooooo going to work for me!

:party0038:

TOTI - It's great , innit! I like you am one of hte lucky people that had next to nothing in the way of side effects - just a couple of very minor headaches, and that is it.

SO far, I have not yet been the least bit cold, nor do I have the bad taste in my mouth or bad breathe and I am 1 week in to it....so feeli quite luckly!!

I was so paranoid - I was sure I was going to feel like death warmed over, so it was a very welcome suprise!!

Just wait and see how easy this gets!!! Its fantastic!!!

Long live the LOSERS!! hehehe

Good on you, really glad you are enjoying it. You will enjoy it more after your first weigh in.

TOTI I'm really happy to hear it's all going well for you - are you going to a pop in or are you waiting for your first full week meeting?

Ok, Im resurrecting this post after 12 months to admit to complete and abject failure and to give myself a kick in the butt. I started LL last Jan (08) and was very ill during the first week, I couldnt go to work and felt dreadful all the time. I decided that possible LL wasnt really for me and gave up before my first weigh-in. This is something which I now heavily regret.

I did over the last 12 months manage to lose 2.5 St, half of my target, but have just as quickly managed to put it all back on again. The situation wasnt help by my being based in a hotel for 3 months, sticking with LL would have made that period so much easier to handle.

So anyhow here I am 12 months later and physically no further forward although I think that mentally I am now ready to make the LL comittment despite knowing whats in store for me for the first week or so. Im goign to start cutting out carbs n stuff before hand to try and give my self a better starting platform.

I have emailed my previous LL councillor and am hoping to be able to join a group sometime in Jan (09), once I have a definite start date I will book a couple of days off work (just in case) and will settle in for the long haul.

This time I am determined to stick things out, one good thing I did do last year was join a gym now I just need to get back into the habit of going, once I start to lose weight there are so many activities that I would like to do that for now I am just too self-concious to enjoy.

My new lifestyle starts as of today and I will be making little changes in preparation for my new LL journey!

Well done. Really good one you for for looking at who it went wrong and what you need to focus on next time.

I really hope you manage to start again in Jan!

Hi TOTI. :) Nice to see you again.

I remember this thread, and speaking to you! I am so sorry it did not go well for you on that attempt. Don't say you failed - as if you were a failure, you wouldn;t be here now. Just say the time was not right and it did not go well - but this time it will.

ALl good luck to you!!! It will be helpful knowing a little what to expect.

Good luck hon.

:)

xx

Well done for coming back. I think it takes a brave person to admit it didnt work out last time but want to give it another try. So well done and welcome.

I think it is definitely a lot to do with timing. We have to be in the right place both physically and mentally. As you know what is ahead of you I am sure you will be successfull this time round.

Look fwd to hearing more from you. It was quite fascinating reading this old thread.

BL you were a newbie once, imagine that!!!

Hi there, thanks for all the kind words of welcome and support.

I do feel I failed and I wont whitewash it, I just need to accpet it, recognise why it didnt work and move forward with determination and willpower!

Does anyone know where i can buy some willpower, it is sale time afterall?

Hey BlondeLogic ,

I remembered you (partly for the motorcycle meez you used to have, I just bought a Ninja 250 :D ) and have been voraciously catching up on your journey. You have done amazingly well and are a true inspiration for me this time round, seeing how far you have come in the 12 months since I first tried this really gives me a rush as it shows what is truely possible with a positive attitude.

Im not generally a very chatty person but part of this journey for me is learning to talk about my weight, understand my body image issues, the reasons why I want to lose weight and my relationship with food. I understand better now that this is just as much a mental transition as a physical one and whilst I find it difficult to discuss personal issues with my family Im hoping the anonimity of the forum will provide me with the outlet I need. I will also be using the album feature to track my progress in all its 'wobbly glory' as soon as I get my hands on the camera during a private moment or two!

Well, a new year a new start and all that! I wish you every luck, you if you're a jan starter you'll have a few of us pushing you along anyhoo!

I think you have identified a lot already which will help you through the journey. Dont be shy in your group meetings too. It took me a while to find my voice but I think when I found it, it helped to open up. I have to admit that the group prob wished I hadnt found my voice!

Hey TOTI - thats great - congrats on your bike!

You are spot on about the mental transition as well as physical. So brace yourself. It can be hard, painful and draining....but....once through it, its very liberating, and you will feel so much better - its very healing.

I took advantage of the anonymity here and started spilling my guts. It was difficult at first, but it was so helpful, and it felt such a safe environment to do so, it came as a relief that it was well accepted. Just approach things at your own pace and comfort level.

I really wish you nothing but success. It sounds like you are in a good head space to dive in. SO just keep your eye on the prize - and remember yes - this CAN be acheived in a year, and you are SPOT ON - it DOES require a positive attitude. Anything less then that is self-sabotage - so don't let it get the better of you. Stay strong and postive with steely determination and a zero-tolerance to failure attitude and you will nail it. :)

You should be so proud of yourself for having another go, I too have admitted out loud that I got it wrong so lets move on and learn by our experiences in the past. Good Luck on your journey,
Janey X

Back